Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-13-21, 03:34 PM  
seabliss

Still running through this mild cold. It's not terrible, but I was coughing during the night some, and sneezing and blowing my nose today a bit. Paranoid me took a covid test the first day (they are about $2 here in any store), but that was fine. Just a mild cold.

I did a 15-minute mini-band upper body workout that I like from Zanna, and I stayed indoors mostly. Every morning I walk down two flights of stairs and over a couple of buildings to the Mini Preço, which is a mini market with fresh baked goods, produce, meats, dairy, cleaning supplies, etc. (unlike the 7-11 types of mini markets in the U.S.). I buy some fruit and fresh croissants or bread (a whole loaf is 50 cents right now; baguettes are 39 cents), usually still warm, for breakfast. Next door is a cafe where I had been buying us coffee each morning, but I just got a pour-over system and am trying to perfect that skill to make our own coffee. I need a bit more gear (a goose-neck kettle, really) to make it better.

So i was in the mini market this morning in the checkout line, and I got that urge to cough. It wasn't terrible, but it was embarrassing. Nowadays we must always worry that people think we have covid. So I stayed in the rest of the day except to take the dog out. I know I'll feel better soon, and I'm glad it's not worse.

Cynthia, great that you didn't have to deal with symptoms!

Lynn, it makes me sad that Jessica hasn't put out any workouts during covid. I know she has a little daughter, but she missed out on a big opportunity, and many of us would have liked those workouts. But I totally understand as I had a little daughter not long ago too.

Diana, is your phone problem solved?
Old 10-13-21, 06:06 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Back from the notary session at the bank. All that reading, explaining, and signing took over an hour and my brain is fried. Will exercise tomorrow.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-21, 09:02 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cynthia Yay for the refi and no side effects.

Cheryl Yes, it seems the phone is OK and the problem was the charger. I have not received any info about the shipping of the new phone. I hope you are feeling better.

Check-In: 30 minute walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-21, 07:56 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 9,121

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-14-21, 09:08 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 30 minute walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-14-21, 09:23 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: oceanview walk in Pacific Grove. I had a busy day, but after my errands in Pacific Grove, I put on my walking sneakers that I keep in the trunk. Perfect weather for a change.

I'll get back to the kettlebutt program tomorrow.
Old 10-15-21, 08:18 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Steps for yesterday: 7,388

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-15-21, 11:02 AM  
seabliss

I'm just coming out of the cold now - it went to about 36 hours of bad. Doing better now but still coughing and having body aches from all this sitting, probably. I can't wait to be able to exercise and go places again. DH is coming down with it now I'm afraid. Hopefully he can ward it off. It's so hard not to pass things around in a home.

Have a lovely weekend!
Old 10-15-21, 04:42 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, I hope you all feel better soon. So nice, though, to get fast results on the covid test. You'd feel worse if you still had to worry that it was worse than this nasty cold.

Check-in: Kettlebutt day 6 and lap swim.

Yesterday was a perfect early-fall day, just right for a light cardigan. This morning the house was 63*. I turn the furnace off at night since the forced air whoosh is obnoxious when you're trying to sleep. Wasn't going to swim, thinking it would be cold outside - ha! - 84*.

Hi to Diana and Lynn.
Old 10-15-21, 06:34 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30. I got my new bands (mini-loop bands in a fabric with 3 resistances) and they used them for plank moves, first on the shoulders and then on the calves. Super hard!

Cynthia, nice you are through the re-fi and all those shots. I still have that shingles hanging over me. And yay for fall. I finally put away all my summer clothes and got out my fall/winter stuff. Things finally cooled off.

Cheryl, hope you feel better soon and glad no Covid. I know how you feel really bad coughing or sneezing these days. So crazy.

Diana, are you getting a new phone? I hear there are a lot of delays with these. But your old one is working ok it sounds like, so that is good. DH has been having trouble with his so he may be in the same boat as you (and maybe his new phone will be stuck on the same boat with yours!)
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote