Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-21, 02:02 AM  
lizh

Hi everyone,
I didn't have today off either. I wish I did. Lots of work drama lately. Ugh.

Today, I felt like doing some weights so I did KCM Plateau Buster. Kelly kept saying "lift heavy!!" but I didn't listen to her and I lifted pretty light. I wanted to make sure I could do it. I'm contemplating doing a few of Kelly's in a rotation since she has so many premixes on each DVD I thought I might not get bored. I have a ton of her DVDs but I'm not sure she is the thing for me at the moment. I might try her for one more day and see how I feel.

Donna - Margaret Richards and CS sounds good. I may join you.
wishiwasinhawaii - you are smart to start your Christmas shopping early. I'm trying to think ahead as well.
Sherry - Glad you having nice weather, I hope you are feeling 100% soon.
Pam - Hope you are feeling better

Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-21, 08:05 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I did more of my rehab type stuff:

Classical Stretch - Aging Backwards - Posture

Margaret Richard - My Body of Work - Vol 1 - Program B - chest, triceps, abs, glutes and quads. I didn't follow along her ab work but did my own - not a fan of crunches!

Yesterday, I got a walk in w/ my DD.

I took today off from work as well, but I may pop in later b/c I'm so behind - but I think I'm going to chill out this morning and maybe go for another walk.

DD went into D.C. w/ her BF - at least I assume he is her BF - they spend a lot of time together - she is on fall break and he doesn't have class on Tuesday.

wishiwasinhawaii - Good to see you! I skipped the Season 13 b/c my SI joint is flared up and figured I should stick w/ the gentle workouts first.

Liz - Sorry about the work drama!! I never really got into KCM. I have a few of her videos - maybe I should try them again at some point. I have way too many videos.......MR seems to be hitting the spot for me. I think until my SI joint settles I will probably walk and do MR and CS.

Waves, Sherry and Pam!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-21, 07:37 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm still sticking with CS -

Today was:

CS - Aging Backwards for Beginners - Mobility

Then, I did a Jessica Valent Miix

Seated Arm workout w/ Weights
5 Min Shoulders
Booty Burner Workout

Yesterday I got a walk in w/ my Golden.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 10-13-21, 10:58 AM  
Leonana

No workouts this week. Feeling better but still battling a cough and low energy. Plus my muscle strain from coughing. Now I’ve strained the left side [face palm]. But I’m grateful I’m not coughing as much. I still have to take cough suppressant at night, so I can sleep. But I feel a little better each day, so that’s good. It’s just been a long two weeks, and I probably have another week at least before being well.

Nothing for me today but a trip to Costco. I went to two Goodwills with our friends yesterday. Then we went out to eat with them. It was nice, although I think I over did it a bit. Our friends are talking about moving back again. Too cold for them in Payson in the winter and they miss all their friends.

We had a wind blow in Monday night and it lowered the temps to 50’s-70’s. I had to break out the jeans yesterday. But it’s supposed to warm back up to the 80’s this weekend, which is our normal October weather.

Donna, the muscle strain from coughing is the worst part of this cold. I hope I at least built up some chest muscle lol. I hope your SI Joint is healing. Did your dd have a nice time on her trip?

wishiwasinhawaii, the trip to Modesto sounds fun. I’m sure the weather will be warmer for you. It looks like a beautiful area.

Liz, KCM sounds interesting. I had three of her dvds but gave them away. Like Donna, I just couldn’t click. But I need to take it slower nowadays.

Waves to Pam!
Old 10-13-21, 11:20 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I'm finally feeling better, after a long battle with a terrible cold. Was going to begin working out this week, but didn't sleep well last night. Trying to figure out what to do next, in the way of workouts. Having some motivation issues too, so I know I need something short and sweet to start. I also need to change things up for a bit, so will have to look through my collection....

Have a good day all!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-21, 07:23 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Ugh, I have a stiff neck and shoulder pain on one side, probably from being on the computer too much, so I'm doing massage and stretches to get the knot out. So that was my workout today, LOL.

Sherry, Just take it easy and skip the workouts until you are 100%. Since I've never been to that part of California, it'll be an adventure for me, if I go. I was thinking to go for Thanksgiving, but I have to find out if my nephew even wants me to go. He may have to work that day, so I'll find out.

I see Jessica is doing a L&S challenge Nov 1, so if I can get myself together by then, maybe I'll join. Or I may opt for Calm & Strong instead, we'll see!

Donna, I may have to do a week of CS to get all these kinks out. I don't have any of the CS DVDs or subscribe to her site because the local PBS stations here run all of her seasons constantly. One station has S13, another has S12 and another has S11!

Pam, Glad to hear you're better! Like Sherry, just take it easy as you ease back into workouts.

Liz, I've never done any of KCM's stuff. Sounds too intense for me at this time. I just turned 55 and I'm finding that less seems to be more these days. Not sure if I'm just feeling blah or if I'm just getting old, LOL.
Old 10-14-21, 05:07 AM  
donnamp

Hi!

Sherry and Pam - I'm glad you are coming around.

Last night I started to feel like I was getting sick, but I feel ok this morning, maybe it was just being back at work, LOL!

wishiwasinhawaii - I got tempted by Lift & Shift, too, my b'day is 11/2 so I thought about buying it for myself, but then I thought that I will probably not want to do the long workouts...so maybe a Calm & Strong rotation for November would suit me as well. I may do the You Tube version, I think last time I did it I used the DVD version.

I'm still in rehab mode but I am seeing improvements.

I still think Pahla B was the trigger, but I also think I made it worse by trying some self correcting techniques on You Tube. I think my issue is that the move I used was for when your SI joint is "stuck" but mine isn't stuck it is hypermobile, so when I did that move I ended up making it more mobile and more unstable. I guess proceed w/ caution on self treatment!

It is just that going to PT is such a pain in the butt - getting an appointment, going in, etc.

I think I'm going to work w/ the last two exercises in this video (the first one is a version of the one that I did that made my pain worse!) But I have done the other two exercises on this video and those are good for me. Along with bridges and clamshells and all types of other exercises to work the hips and glutes which for me tend to get weak from all the sitting I do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTFxY_HS8OM

CS again today!

Donna
Old 10-14-21, 07:36 AM  
donnamp

Hi everyone,

Today was:

Classical Stretch - Aging Backwards - Bone Strengthening

Trifecta Pilates - Morning Pilates (You Tube) - I did modify some of this -my back does not want to do cat/cow or other articulation exercises right now - so I just focused more on stability when she did those exercises.

My SI joint is calming down, fortunately!

I may do a run through of the CS Aging Backwards again before moving on.

I was also thinking of going back and doing Jessica Valent's Pilates Jumpstart, I looked at it and it looks like she updated it.

I'll play it by ear!

Hope everyone has a good day - hope to get out for a walk today!

Donna
Old 10-14-21, 08:21 AM  
Leonana

Donna, I’m glad the SI Joint is better. I just got an email from Fitness with PJ that she suffers from low back pain because of her SI Joint. She did this video on strengthening the lower back.

https://youtu.be/rGgCeWy3bq4

Tbh, her workouts are too intense for me, but this one looked okay. The moves are supposed to strengthen your lower back and it’s only ten minutes long.
Old 10-15-21, 09:01 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was just an Essentrics from You Tube - Full Body Pain Relief w/ Sahra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnaxj4ejDdM

This was more advanced than the Aging Backwards for Beginners series I was doing with Miranda.

I took a walk yesterday and I plan to take another one today.

This time I decided I am going to take it slow and really try to get over this - my SI has been flaring for the better part of this year.....and I'm tired of it! Once I feel that I'm on good footing I am thinking of adding on either Caroline Sandry's 30 Days to Flat Abs Pilates - this is a good one for stabilizing things in the low back and pelvis - which is what I need. Or, I was thinking about doing Jessica Valent's program for Prolapse or Post Partum. I don't have a prolapse and I haven't been post partum in 18 years, but in looking over both of these programs there is a lot of pelvic stability included which is what I need. In fact, the programs look very similar.

Sherry - thanks for the link to PJ! I think a lot of fitness professionals suffer from the same aches and pains we do....I guess it is good to know we are not alone.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy