Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-21, 11:49 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today has been one of those days - from the minute I turned on my computer to now.

Ugh

Anyway- I'm still in rehab mode so today I did an oldie from my collection -

Yoga for Stress Relief w/ Barbara Benagh practice for the SI Joint. This is a good one for that area - very gentle and restorative.

I think for a few days at least I'm going to stick w/ these type of yoga and Pilates practices until everything is settled down.

this is not the worst flare I have ever had, but I'm tired of these chronic little flare ups I have every few weeks so I would like to get things calm and settled and then avoid my triggers...and sometimes that is hard b/c you don't know a trigger until it triggers something.

I actually like the Just the Workouts check in - b/c writing out a list like that helps me see the patterns - and figure these things out.

I hope to get out for a walk today!

on a positive note, doing the workout I did today made me realize what a treasure trove of DVDs I have. Maybe I should focus on my DVDs rather than always looking for something new! I haven't done many of them in years now.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Will check out that You Tube Link, Sherry - thanks for sharing!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-21, 09:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm still in gentle mode.

Last night DD and I walked our Golden so that was good and I did Ellen's Pilates Mix. I enjoy that little 20 min workout.

Today I pulled out another of my standards for rehab - Barbara Benagh Back Care Yoga I did the "revitalizing" practice which is the one I usually do when I need to rehab.

I'm planning to stick with rehab Yoga and Pilates for the weekend and will hopefully be back in action come next week.

I was looking at the DoYogaWithMe site - they have a number of free programs. I was thinking about getting back into yoga - starting w/ the basics and really learning the proper form.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 10-09-21, 09:56 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far has been:

Outdoor walk - approx 2 miles
Suzanne Deason - AM Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss
Jessica Valent - PT for SI Joint

This was a good combo for me.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Donna
Old 10-09-21, 02:08 PM  
Leonana

No workouts, still congested. Slowly getting better. I think it’s going to be another week before I work out again. The worst thing about this cold is that I pulled a muscle on the right side of my chest from coughing. It’s painful to cough, and I have to cough a lot. I’m sure that will affect my workouts too. On the positive side I do feel a lot better. I cough mostly after I eat, which you would think would make me eat less lol.

I did go in yesterday and do my volunteer filing. I didn’t want to stress out the woman I help. She’s had a stressful month. She had to move out of her apartment because they raised her rent $500 a month. A new company bought the complex, and raised everyone’s rent. Almost the whole complex had to move out by October 1. It was a lower income complex and many people were on fixed incomes. It’s sad, I’m sure some of them had nowhere to go. Rent and house prices are skyrocketing here. Same thing is happening in Texas too. I guess so many people in California are moving out.
Old 10-09-21, 06:00 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Hi, Sorry again for being MIA. Just been busy with so many things and a lot of drama with family and friends. I think COVID is really getting to everyone now.

I've been doing TG workouts and walking. That seems to be working well for me, so I'm sticking with it for now.

Donna, I don't recall you mentioning the Addams Family neighbors, so now I'm curious! Glad they moved out though. Is your SI feeling better now?

Sherry, Sorry to hear you're still not feeling well! I had bronchitis one time and coughed so much I bruised a rib. That's terrible about the rent being raised so much. Since it was a lower income place, I don't understand how they were allowed to do that. My nephew just moved to CA and had a very tough time finding an apartment, so I kind of had the impression people aren't moving out of there in droves as has been reported. I have a friend who is a realtor in TX so I'm going to ask him what he's been seeing there.

Waves to Pam and Liz!
Old 10-09-21, 10:35 PM  
lizh

Hi everyone!
Sorry to be MIA . We had a great trip to LA. There is so much going on up there! San Diego seems very sleepy in comparison. We went to several museums and visited the Hollywood Forever cemetery where many celebs are buried. I took a selfie in front of Johnny Ramones’ grave for a hoot. I wasn’t a huge Ramones fan but I liked that genre. I ate too much though. Ugh.

Today I took a long walk with my pup and then did a YouTube “body fit by Amy”. It was ok but I need to find myself a rotation. I feel like a routine following a rotation works best for me rather than picking something new everyday. I’m going to look through my DVDs tomorrow and pick something or buy something!

Sherry, I hope you continue to feel better. I’m sorry about your work buddy who had to move. I’ve heard of a lot of people are moving out of Cali, too, but prices are rising here, too. It is very expensive.

Wishiwasinhawaii, sorry to hear about the drama, but good to hear you are getting your workouts in.

Donna, how are you feeling? Is work still relatively calm? You are getting lots of variety in your workouts. That is great!

Pam, I hope you are enjoying your visitors and you are feeling better. You gave your sickness to my husband. Hahah! He’s been feeling lousy the last few days. I hope I don’t get it.

Take care everyone
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-21, 08:53 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far has been:

Jenny Ford - March Across America - Massachusetts
Barbara Benagh - Yoga for Stress Relief - SI Joint practice

I'm hoping to get a chance to try out some of CS Season 13 this weekend. Maybe later today I can squeeze one in.

Hope everyone has a good day!

wishiwasinhawaii - I hope the drama settles down....I agree, I think everyone is feeling the effects of the pandemic.

Liz - welcome back!

Sherry - that is a shame about your friend needing to find a new place to live. Also I hop you feel better.

Pam - I hope you are feeling better too.

Donna
Old 10-10-21, 08:53 AM  
Leonana

Sorry everyone for my cranky post! I think this cold is getting to me more because of pulling my chest muscle.

It’s so cool this morning, I have the door open. We have a screen door and it’s so nice. I can’t believe its 55 this morning! Highs are in the 80’s. This is my favorite time of year.

wishiwasinhawaii, it does seem prices are high everywhere now. I’m sure as many people are moving in to California as are moving out. My friend’s complex wasn’t officially low income, it was cheap because it was run down, so a lot of low income lived there. The new owners wanted them out, they are going to remodel and charge more. It’s just getting harder to find affordable housing here. Dh and I are fortunate we bought our house years ago. I’m so sorry about the family drama, that is really tough. You sound like you are in a good place with your workouts. I have to admit, I sometimes wonder if I bruised a rib, but I think it’s mostly a muscle sprain.

Liz, sorry, I didn’t mean to criticize California! I’d live there myself if I could afford it. I grew up in Yuma and most of our out of town trips were to San Diego, it’s so pretty there. I’m just disappointed our state is also becoming unaffordable. I was hoping this summer would make people move, and then we had a cooler than usual summer lol. Your trip to LA sounds like a lot of fun.

Donna, I hope your SI Joint is doing better.

Pam, I hope you are feeling better too.
Old 10-11-21, 08:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was rehab time!

Classical Stretch - Aging Backwards Pain Relief - this was a good one for overall body mobility. The whole body is connected and it is amazing how getting my shoulder moving affects everything else.

Margaret Richard My Body Of Work - Program A - this was biceps, delts/back, obliques and inner/outer thighs.

I may take a walk later...

Hope everyone has a good day. We don't get today off as a holiday, but i took it off to use up some leave before the end of the year.

Sherry - I hope you are feeling better! I also once had bronchitis and really hurt myself w/ coughing to much!

Liz - i feel that i need a rotation as well - for now i think I'm going to do the gentle CS workouts and some Margaret Richard for strength and maybe some walks...I hope to be feeling better soon.

I broke out the SI belt and it does seem to help - even though it is annoying to wear.

Donna
Old 10-11-21, 08:39 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today I did one of the free Season 13 Classical Stretch workouts (Energy Boosting). I may do another one later. Yesterday I did the Boost Your Brain workout.

Donna, I didn't have today off either. I was considering taking it off, but I had a meeting I had to attend. I'm planning to take Thursday off because I have vacation days I have to use or lose before the end of the year. I want to start Christmas shopping.

Sherry, I'm planning to visit my nephew who moved to CA. Not sure when yet, but it may be as soon as next month. He lives near Modesto and I've never been to that area, so it should be interesting.

Liz, Your trip to LA sounds like fun. I was there a few years ago and went to all the touristy spots.

Pam, Hope you're doing ok.

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy