Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-02-21, 12:11 PM  
Leonana

Still battling this cold. I’ll post again once I can workout. From what I can tell, I’ve had three colds in a two month period, two of them back to back. Each one started after I went out of town. I’m not going out of town anymore!

I usually get a cold once every two years. This is the first time this has happened to me, and I’m a little concerned. Although I’ve read most adults get two to five colds per year. I did wonder about my vaccine, but my unvaxed friends got two colds in a row, so I don’t think it’s connected. Well enough rambling, I’m probably boring at this point lol.

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend.
Old 10-02-21, 11:38 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Thank you all for the well wishes. I have been a regular flem factory. Gross and so annoying. Still entertaining and doing lots of traveling with not much rest.

Sherry, I'm so sorry you're battling a cold again, too!

Back again when I can check in.

Goodnight!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-21, 01:55 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I went with an oldie this morning:

Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss w/ Suzanne Deason

Then, later on, i followed up with a dog walk.

I'm considering pulling out my Gaiam DVD this week - maybe doing the Pilates Conditioning for Weigh Loss, Yoga for Athletes and maybe the Balance Ball workouts that Suzanne did.

We shall see...

I would supplement w/ some walks or if the weather was not good then an indoor workout.

Pam and Sherry - I'm sorry you are both still under the weather! My DD is having an allergy flare up - at least it seems like allergies -

waves, wishiwasinhawaii and Liz!

Hope everyone has a good Sunday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-21, 09:20 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I went w/:

Lively Ladies - Happy Walking workout - this was ok. Probably my least favorite of the LL workouts are the walks. But I decided to give it a go.

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Lower Body Strength workout on the mat. This is probably more of what i need to do to address my SI joint issues - strengthen those hip and glute muscles with floor work.....

I may bet an outdoor walk in or some yoga or Pilates later.

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

Donna
Old 10-05-21, 08:13 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do today, so I re-visited the Faithful Workouts site and did a mix from there - the site is free now and there is a workout calendar as well as the ability to search for/do whatever type of workout you are looking for. Today I did:

- Low Impact Cardio & Barre - I did the Low Impact first, then paused it to do the 10 Min Intermediate Kickboxing video - then went back and finished up w/ the barre.

- Since I was on a roll, I did Unshaken Yoga (You Tube) - Gentle Morning Flow

Yesterday I did get a short dog walk in - it was quite humid and hot though so we cut it short and I did Suzanne Deason's PM Yoga for Weight Loss in the evening.

Hope everyone is doing well and on the mend if you have been sick!!

Donna
Old 10-05-21, 04:09 PM  
Leonana

I think I’m back to the land of the living, finally feeling better today. I probably won’t workout until next week. I’m thinking of doing something lighter from Senior Shape. I’ve noticed she has playlists of schedules and I think I’ll try one.

I’m going to lay off the push workouts for awhile. I’ve noticed some similarities with all three colds. I go out of town, then do a push workout a couple of days later. A couple of hours after the workout, I get sick. I think I’m pushing myself too hard, and need to take it easier after trips.

Donna, good job on the work outs.

Pam, I hope you are feeling better.

Waves to wishiwasinhawaii and Liz.
Old 10-05-21, 06:35 PM  
donnamp

Hi Sherry,
I'm glad you are back. I forgot about those playlists on Senior Shape.....must check them out. I also find Lively Ladies to be just enough, not too much.

It really is a fine line!

Donna
Old 10-05-21, 08:54 PM  
Leonana

Thanks, Donna. I’m thinking if Jessica is going to do more L&S type workouts, I’m going to have to pass. I guess I’ll buy any on dvd she has that are more like her fusion workouts or WS 1 and 2. I like doing the workouts but they don’t seem to like me!
Old 10-06-21, 09:33 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night I took a walk w/ my Golden - did I ever mention the Addams Family in our neighborhood? Anyway, walked past their house and I think they have moved or are moving...which is not a bad thing, LOL!

Today I did:

Ellen - Power and Balance
Blessful Body - Love Your Core - Workout # 1 - TA

I'm dealing with an SI flare. As much as I hate to admit it, I think I need to give up Pahla B. Last week I did three of her workouts and ended up here. It seems to be a theme if I look back over my workout log - I do Pahla B - I end up doing a lot of SI joint rehab. I don't know what it is about her workouts that flare that area for me. I suspect it is probably b/c I have some weakness somewhere - probably in my glutes - that doesn't enable me to execute the movements properly and ends up engaging muscles that shouldn't be engaged. Anyway - looking for relief and rehab.

Sherry - I hear you --- I think I have to face facts and learn that certain things don't agree with me and avoid them - case in point, Pahla...I love her personality and the workouts are so easy to fit in - but there is something about them that obviously irritates my back/hip/SI. Maybe if I can get those areas stronger I can go back to her at some point. But I have to figure out how to make that happen. I'm thinking honestly a bunch of good old fashioned floorwork....it tends to hit the glutes and hips well.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 10-06-21, 10:42 PM  
Leonana

I just saw this you tube video today, about how stress, lack of sleep and exercise can lower your immune system. It seems to match my experience exactly over the last two months and getting these colds.

https://youtu.be/D8naTskte6U

Donna, I’m sorry about your SI Joint. That must be frustrating. I can relate. It’s hard to give up an exercise you enjoy. I’m glad the Addams family is moving away, lol.

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy