Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-27-21, 02:54 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Thank you, Cheryl! for the birthday wishes and the prayers. I emailed my friend last night & am waiting to hear back from her.

Woo-hoo for the approval!!!

Later -- I called my primary Dr's office about booster shots, since I'm over 65 and had gotten th Pfizer shots. They don't do shots, but the info was that Walgreen's has them for those qualified under the CDC guidelines. I phoned, gave info to a robot, and got an appt for this Wednesday. A lot easier than the earlier appts!

Check-in: swam.

I hate to do chores on my birthday, but handyKen is cleaning the carpets tomorrow and I have to move stuff off the carpets. Not too bad, just annoying. I'm going to have a nice dinner tonight from the Beach House restaurant, where the locals/early bird menu is really budget-priced. I'll get it to go if possible.
monterey vidiot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-21, 09:04 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

We had 3 small earthquakes in our area today. Thankfully, I didn't feel any of them.

I had a hair appointment today so I was only able to get a walk in this evening.

Cheryl Wonderful news about the approved visas.

Check-In: 45 minute walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-21, 08:45 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

I have had shingles twice now. I am thinking about getting the Shingrix (sp) vaccine. I have been reading the thread about it. Maybe I have already asked here, but I will ask again. What was your reaction to the vaccine? TIA

Cynthia How was your dinner last night? What did you get?

Steps for yesterday: 9,098

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-28-21, 10:27 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, I had a shingles vax shot a couple of years ago, no reaction. I think I should get the new one and will soon. Tomorrow I'm getting a Pfizer booster shot (being quite a bit over 65 LOL). I don't like to get more than one shot at a time. I'll let you know when I get the shingrix. I want to encourage DD to get it. She had shingles when she was away at college and I read in the GD that you should get the vax even if you've had shingles. A few years ago, a met a lady (friend of a friend) who went blind due to shingles - a rare side effect but not worth risking.

Well, I had a wonderful feast and now weigh 1.5 more pounds than I did yesterday. I had a champagne cocktail. The bartender packaged the sugar cube and dash of bitters in a to-go cup and the champagne/prosecco was sealed in its little bottle. I put it together when I got home. Side salad w/ bleu cheese dressing. French bread and butter. Rigatoni w/pesto cream and grilled prawns. Pot de creme au chocolat.

HandyKen will be here soon to clean the carpets, so I don't know if I'll get a workout done today.
Old 09-28-21, 04:49 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Heather Robertson's newest unweighted lower body workout. It was less than 20 minutes, so I tacked on a 10-minute lower body band workout from Zanna. Not as much walking as I wanted but still around 9k steps. DH got around 8 miles showing my sister around while I worked and DD had school.

DD has one teacher who is not very nice--her history teacher. She's really strict and called DD out in front of the other students a few times today (online Zoom school). DD came to me crying after the class. So I emailed the teacher and asked nicely for a meeting. I think we ironed things out a bit but I am still not happy with the teacher. There are zero problems with any of DD's other classes, so this is an outlier. Also, I think history is fascinating, and this teacher is not going to help DD think so. If things continue like this, I may as my mother to teach DD history this year, and give her all the texts and the syllabus to come up with a program. My mother is an award-winning teacher who has her Master's in history. She's also gifted at making things interesting. So this thought is going around my mind right now ...

Cynthia, your birthday meal sounds absolutely perfect. I would have chosen the same thing! It's worth the 1.5 lbs. Also should be temporary weight. I always weigh more after restaurant meals. I haven't been able to weigh myself in about a month without a scale, but I usually do so every day as a way of keeping things in bounds. I was waiting for our scale to ship over, but I may have to buy one.

Diana, that's crazy about the earthquakes! Your area is not known for those, right? Also, I have not had the shingles vaccine. I did have chicken pox when I was 3 or 4.
Old 09-28-21, 07:05 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, I hope your mom has the time & energy to be your DD's history teacher. Much preferable to the mean witch. Your DD loves learning so much.

I did have time for a nice walk on the oceanview path while handyKen was doing the carpets. After he washes them, he puts plain water into the machine and then rinses them. We missed last year so they were a real mess but are clean now.

I have been planning to have the carpets and windows cleaned in advance of applying for a re-fi of my mortgage. Today I got an email from the mortgage bank suggesting that I apply. So I slaved over the online form. I do not enjoy forms. The loan officer ("call me with any questions") got several calls. Very helpful.
Old 09-28-21, 08:47 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I got the first Shingrix vaccine today. So far, my arm is a little sore, that's it. I took my friend to get her second Pfizer covid vaccine today, too.

Cynthia
Your dinner sounds wonderful.

Cheryl Yes, we do have earthquakes here. I am copying and pasting a little snippet here: Geologically, Charleston lies in one of the most seismically active areas in the Eastern United States. The seismicity in the Coastal Plain of South Carolina clusters around the cities of Summerville and Bowman

Summerville is the next to us. Here is more info about earthquakes here:

https://www.scemd.org/media/1055/eq-...r-friendly.pdf

There was a big one in 1886. Summary here: On August 31, 1886, Charleston, South Carolina, experienced the most damaging earthquake in the eastern United States. The initial shock lasted nearly one minute. The earthquake had a magnitude of 7.3 (Johnson, 1996) and was felt over 2.5 million square miles, from Cuba to NewYork, and Bermuda to the Mississippi River. Structural damage extended several hundreds of miles to cities in Alabama, Ohio, and Kentucky.

Check-In: 45 minute walk CS 823 Stretch & Strengthen Lower Body

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-29-21, 07:29 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

I woke with chills and flu like symptoms this morning. I took Tylenol last night and this morning. I am starting to feel a bit better.

Steps for yesterday: 12,056

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-29-21, 01:23 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, I hope you feel better soon. I told DD to get the Shingrix.

Walked 2 miles this morning, back from the Ford shop. My car needed a part that they had to order. I asked for a shuttle ride to get back there. I slept late this morning even though I'd gone to bed early.

My friend hasn't said anything about how her sister's doing. I'll let you know when I hear anything.
Old 09-29-21, 06:21 PM  
seabliss

Today I did the 10-minuted Guided by Angie unweighted arms, followed by Zanna's 15-minute upper body band workout. I also got close to 14k steps.

We met with another recording studio this evening, and we ended up being there for a couple of hours. This might bring about a good situation for us, regarding where we can put our studio equipment as well as some other opportunities. So we will see!

My sister returns to the States Saturday, and DH will follow her over next week to pick up our dog. So much happening right now.

Diana, I hope you feel better! I didn't realize that Charleston was so earthquake-prone.

Cynthia, I hate forms too. But at least the interest rates are low for you now! DH wants me to fill out the forms to see what kind of mortgage we qualify for here. It's a completely different system here. For example, the term is based on your age. The financing must be complete by age 75. Also, the longer you are here, the lower the percentage you may be required to put as a down payment. So now I have to go through a lot of work to see. It's even more work because I am a freelancer and am paid in the U.S. instead of here.