Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-03-21, 05:01 AM  
seabliss

We are now in a very small apartment for two weeks while we wait for our longterm place to be open. This is not a great place for us, as it doesn't have A/C (we didn't realize that) so we have to have the windows open at night, and it's in a busier place with cafes etc. so it's noisy at all hours. Also the shower is terrible, because if you turn the water on too much the shower head flips up and sprays everywhere, and it keeps falling out of its holder. I tried to set the soap up on top of the edge (yes, it's one of those) because there is no tray, and it fell between the shower and the wall. A big change from our last place but fortunately only for two weeks! We do like having the experience of staying in an area like this, just to experience it. We are literally over a cafe, which I always thought would be interesting, on a mainly pedestrian street.

I don't have much room to work out at all. I did do the same longer upper body mini band workout today. And yesterday I got almost 12k steps. Hoping to get more today too, after my work is done. The sunlight is beautiful today through the big, open windows with the stone casings, and the air is fresh and perfect at about 70 degrees.

Cynthia, I'm glad your chiro was able to fix your issue in one session! Hope you are completely better. That feeling is no fun--you feel so out of control of your own body.

Lynn, I hate it when workout instructors choose the wrong weights like that. It's really frustrating. You are taking the time to try to get some strength work in, and you end up wasting your time.

Diana, how is your DH doing?
Old 09-03-21, 07:34 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

I have a funeral to attend today and plans to donate blood.

Steps for yesterday: 4,725 (I didn't realize that I didn't meet my step goals. I should have looked at my phone. I could have done some marching and stepping in place)
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 08:30 AM  
lynnf

I have a busy day so I did a 15 minute barre 3 and my 15 minutes of shoulder stretching. I haven't been doing as much stretching as I should have so I have been trying to get back to it so as to get back (hopefully) to 100% flexibility there. Last night added on some Jessica yoga and maybe will add on later today. Today would have been my parents 71st anniversary, first after my dad's death. They did have a really big 70th celebration, thanks to my brother.

Cheryl, sounds like a typical European apartment experience, but good it is only for 2 weeks. We had a weird experience in Germany at one point in the year when we were overtaken by fruit flies (in the 100s) and it seemed we weren't the only ones because the drug stores had many fruit fly remedies. I will spare you about apartments I learned lacked heating in key places (like the bathroom/shower in the winter). And I was there for a year! However, I was younger then. Totally true about the weight issues. I spent most of my time changing weights and not much actually doing exercises.

Diana, nice you are donating blood. Sorry to hear that someone you know has passed.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 07:59 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: walk outside and then some light weight work with Leslie.

I used to donate blood but my blood pressure is so low that they'd either turn me away or (once) had me drink coffee to raise it; that wasn't a good thing to do. Then, in later years, they didn't want blood with my prescriptions in it. Is synthroid okay now, Diana?

Cheryl, all part of the adventure even if other parts will be more fun.

Lynn, I'm always impressed with your workout consistency especially when you're so busy.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 08:54 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Cheryl My DH is doing well. Today he was released from the carpel tunnel surgery.

Cynthia My DH can donate blood and he takes a lot of medications. I think things have changed compared to the way it used to be.

Check-In: 1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-04-21, 08:08 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Cheryl How is your DH doing with his skin issues. I know you were hopeful that the foods/grains in Portugal would make a difference for him.

Steps for yesterday: 14,749

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-04-21, 04:26 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: outdoor walk, and 15 min. Pilates.

My walk was at an outdoor mall. I had some things to return at Old Navy, and parked at the opposite end of the mall.

Southbound traffic on the highway was stop & go. I only had a mile of that on my way home. I'm not driving for the rest of the weekend.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 08:15 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I wasn't able to do a DVD today because I was waiting on the tech to fix the internet problems. Hopefully it's fixed. It was an intermittent problem, so we'll see. ETA: Internet went back out so it's not fixed.

Check-In: 30 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-04-21, 10:24 PM  
lynnf

Walk day (twice) with DH. Hot but not horrible.

Cynthia, thanks for the support. Even though things are quite busy I try to get in some exercise or I will go even crazier. Sounds aggravating about the traffic. Must be hard to deal with sometimes. I know someone who moved here from CA and she thinks even our worst traffic is just great.

Diana, I gave up giving blood after they refused my blood for living in England after that mad cow problem there. I really should go back to it, but I was so irritated about that I stopped trying.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-21, 06:01 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 11,021

LM Combat 02/13

Diana