Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-15, 12:39 PM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post
I have both, but can only do the leg workouts, warm up and stretching because of a shoulder problem.

Triple H is a heavier more strength based workout, Stephanie uses lighter weights going for a more circuit type cardio routine. Her leg workout is a nice little add on, but I needed to run through it twice to feel like I got a nice little leg workout.

I feel Triple H. is better on camera too, Stephanie is good, just not as good.

My preference goes to Triple H. but I also tend to always prefer slower strength moves over faster cardio/circuit.

I really wish I could do his upper body work, I feel this one dvd would make for a great full body workout.
Thanks so much! I prefer heavier weights so I think I'll order Triple H next month.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-15, 06:36 PM  
CharM

Yes, I'm bumping yet again. I just won't let it die. I thought I'd add some more details for those on the fence. I've done this a few times but kept forgetting to post, so here goes:

upper body 2
As in 1, you go through the exercises for 8 reps in the first round, 12 in the second.

Pushups with shoulder tap -- you're actually doing 16 and 24

TWY back activation - think superman, but with arms out in those lettered positions. then Y alternating with arms in "handcuff" position for reps

Shoulders - front raise, followed by lateral raise, then cuban press - no breaks in between

Biceps - one arm holding halfway while other curls

Plank - i don't remember what he calls it, but you kind of tighten and hold for 3 seconds, release

He moves kind of fast between shoulders and biceps, so I had to pause to dump my 8s to grab 15s for the first set. On the second set of biceps, he moves fast! I couldn't keep up with 15s, 12 is fine.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-15, 07:26 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Well, thank you for that, Char.

I don't remember this thread, had never heard of the Triple H workout, and it will be here Saturday. :-)

I'll only interested in upper body (maybe lower), but for $9.99 and free shipping that's not a bad deal!
Joni O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-15, 05:27 AM  
MuscleGuy

I'm getting this!

MuscleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-15, 10:56 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Got it yesterday. Previewed it today. Joni-O'd at about 5 minutes.

I only got this for the two upper body workouts. The one I previewed spent almost 4 minutes with him demonstrating each upcoming move. Then during the chest presses, he got up and corrected the form of another guy. Next were lat rows which were up - hold 3 counts - down. I know I would go nuts doing the moves this slowly. Either something clicks with me immediately, or it doesn't. This was the latter.
Joni O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-15, 08:08 PM  
at120

Both Workouts

I have both workouts -- Stephanie McMahon's and Triple Hs (they're actually married to each other).

Stephanie McMahon's workout is a good basic beginners workout. You can generate a good sweat with the appropriate size weights, but she spends a long time going over the exercises after the warm up. She also needs more reps per exercise.

Triple Hs workout is more intermediate level. Heavier weights, more reps, and weight based cardio.

I enjoyed a number of the tips that both instructors pepper throughout both tapes.
at120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-19, 09:47 PM  
Sharaz

Old thread alert

I stomped upon these browsing Collage. First time hearing about it.

Only 4.49! I liked it on preview!
Old 07-26-19, 10:56 AM  
laurajhawk

Old thread alert (even older now)

This is one of Mary's Deals of the Day today - it's only $7.99. I had some recollection of reading good things about it, so I came looking and found this thread.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
joe defranco, music off option, stephanie mcmahon workout, triple h workout, wwe power fit, wwe power fit series, wwe workouts