Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-15-18, 09:58 AM  
furmomof6

I'm wondering the difference between Stott and Aero Pilates reformers? Can anyone give an opinion on which might be better? I'm keeping my eye out for used ones since I took a live class and loved the reformer! I noticed that Stott tends to be more expensive. Also, some have bands and others springs...? Does it make a difference? Thanks!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-18, 10:33 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
I'm wondering the difference between Stott and Aero Pilates reformers? Can anyone give an opinion on which might be better? I'm keeping my eye out for used ones since I took a live class and loved the reformer! I noticed that Stott tends to be more expensive. Also, some have bands and others springs...? Does it make a difference? Thanks!
I've used both and in my opinion, even the home version of the Stott reformer is leaps and bounds ahead of the AeroPilates reformers. The Stott equipment is far more sturdy, comfortable, more convenient to adjust and less squeaky. It doesn't mean that you can't get a good workout on AP reformers. And certainly some AP models are higher end than others. But the Stott equipment calls me back in a way that the cheaper machines never did. And with good care, it can last a life time. If you are actually using the equipment daily, the AP reformers go down hill in just a year or two.
Old 10-15-18, 11:51 AM  
furmomof6

Thanks so much, Taiga!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-18, 06:39 AM  
Rhonda

Have you seen this?

https://www.thepilateswheel.com/

Looks intriguing, cheaper than a reformer and doesn't take up nearly as much space and from what I read, you can do reformer type workouts plus with it.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-18, 06:52 AM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
Have you seen this?

https://www.thepilateswheel.com/

Looks intriguing, cheaper than a reformer and doesn't take up nearly as much space and from what I read, you can do reformer type workouts plus with it.
This looks interesting!! Anyone remember the Pilates Stick? I almost bought one many years ago. At one time I had an AP reformer. But it took up too much space and I sold it. I just don't have the room in my house for a good decent reformer even if I could afford one.
Old 10-16-18, 08:03 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

I ordered the Stott reformer from Costco on Sunday I've been scouring Craig's List for a few weeks, and used ones are scarce and not all that cheap (I was looking specifically for a Stott or Balanced Body reformer). I feel like the time is right as I just got a bonus at work that will cover the cost. I'm a little nervous about the space issue, but I do have a dedicated room for my fitness endeavors. I am on my last month of my Club Pilates agreement. Now for the wait...the Costco website says 2-3 week delivery.

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pilates reformer, pilatesstick, reformer