Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-17, 09:29 AM  
cooldham

Fit Tower vs. Fluidity vs. Homemade Barre - which is the best?

Hoping you all can sway me towards buying the Fit Tower and feeling good about it OR not buying and feeling good about it.

I started with a homemade barre my DH made out of PVC pipes. I believe we actually found the plan on this site! It was great, but HUGE and not adjustable. Easy to lift around my workout room but took up a lot, a lot of space. Ended up dismantling.

Next came Fluidity, which I purchased for a steal ($90!) on Craigslist. Very study and well made, loved that it didn't take up a lot of room but SO HEAVY I dreaded pulling it out and setting it up. I'm not a huge barre junkie and this didn't encourage me. Ended up giving to a friend.

Right now I'm using a chair but I am so tempted by the Fit Tower...it looks like it combined my favorite parts of the above two items (easy to lift, doesn't take up much space, and well made) but was hoping to get some opinions here.
Old 03-06-17, 10:07 AM  
sbh

I have the PVC barre, I was probably the one who posted the plans to make your own..lol. I am using a chair now. It is already in the kitchen where I do ballet and I don't have to put it away when I am done. I just don't have room for equipment.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-17, 11:11 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I have a Fluidity barre and I love it, but it is cumbersome to move and set up. I'm in the process of reasearching what hardware is needed for my DH to put one on the wall in my workout room. I have a 6 foot space picked out. I don't like using a chair, want something solid that doesn't move.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 05:10 AM  
dlb

I have a portable wood barre that I never use because it is tucked away in a corner that is a pain to move. Instead I use a tall chair BUT then I saw tower this weekend, needless to say I thought I use use this more than the what I have been. The extra 10% swayed me.
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 07:07 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I have the FitTower (and a Fluidity Barre and of course, lots of chairs...)

I do like that it - the FitTower - is light and easy to set up and move. I don't like the floor support that runs parallel to the barre both in front of and behind the barre. It always seems to be where to want to stand!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 08:39 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I found a Fluidity barre local, on my Craigslist site, and I love it!! I also have a portable barre, but nothing compares IMO to the stability of the Fluidity barre. I was just about to order a wall barre for DH to install, when I found my Fluidity barre. I don't know anything about the Fit Tower, but I feel like a barre needs stability. The portable barre is certainly fine if you don't have room for a more stable barre.
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diy barre, fit tower, pvc pipe