Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-27-15, 07:47 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
Another item available at B&N is the "Miracle Ball Method" by Elaine Petrone. It's a small book w/2 balls (just measured--about 12 3/4" in circumference) a bit larger than tennis balls.

I know the title sounds hokey, but I swear by this. The booklet offers excellent info about how to use the balls, exactly where to place them for various issues and what to expect. I had an episode of lower back/glute pain last year and this really helped me.

Hope this helps!
Sandrine
Quote:
Originally Posted by desie View Post
Did anyone mention that lacrosse balls work better than tennis balls? Also, for the glutes, I find that I prefer to be standing near a wall, place the ball on the trigger point (most tender spot) on the glute, and then lean my lacrosse ball butt against the wall. It just seems easier to make small adjustments in pressure and placement.
I had the Miracle Ball Ball and the book. I didn't use it much for some reason and got rid of it (I think, can't find it right now) That ball is much softer than any of the YTU balls. I do have the Portable Miracle Ball ball and book set which I keep in my office for glute pain. But the YTY balls have taken their place for the most part.
I would like to echo Desie, about using the wall. In her book Jill Miller recommends this for starting out when sitting on the ball is too intense.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-15, 01:25 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

*I did the Yamuna Total Body workout last night. I found the DVD at the Goodwill, still sealed, and had it for... gosh, at least a year, but have never done the workout!

I started out with the stomach rolling, then ended up doing the remainder of the workout for the other body parts.

I don't have her ball, but I ended up using my 10MS pilates ball. in some cases, I used a small, air-filled, athletic ball, which came with my Mitch Gaylord Melt It Off kit.

the stomach rolling was pretty good. I have to say I've finally found something to release stomach tension/anxiety. Barbara Benagh recommends doing something similar (supported crocodile pose in her Stillness segment from YfSR) 3x/week.

*I slept liked a total LOG last night...

those who have Yamuna's balls, are they anything special?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-15, 09:16 AM  
Cher

My set of Jill Miller’s Yoga Tune Up balls and her On Demand Therapy dvds came yesterday so had to try them last night.....love them!!! I'm so glad I made this purchase! I was just going to do the hip section on the wall (since my hip is mainly what has been bothering me); but, when I finished that, I decided to try the lower back one (since lower back could be part of my hip issue), then thought I'll just try the upper back. By that point there was just shoulders & feet left so did those too. I was very surprised with the foot rolling section since I really don’t have any feet problems that I know of! When she tells you to do a body check at the beginning of the foot section and has you bend over and notice how the backs of your legs felt.....then after doing one foot, to do this again.....oh my goodness! I could not believe the difference and anxiously did the other foot. Wow, it felt really good! After that, I popped in the floor dvd and did just the hip/buttock section of that. That one hurt a bit more but I still liked it.

I felt so relaxed after doing this! It's great!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
foam roller, foam rollers, miracle balls, pinky balls, therapy ball