Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-12-14, 08:47 AM  
dnna

baladea Yoga and Flow -first impressions

Today I thought I would do yoga and flow for a wonderful Sat. morning treat.
I found them both awful

Yoga-
Holly and 3 women out by the pool. Music on a continuous awful loop. Holly does not mirror cue. the modifier has blocks but did not really modify-for instance she did a full plank with Holly. the only modification is hands on blocks.
It was endless TIFT. she would do sun salutation, and a move ( for instance plank) and then TIFT and add a move . TIFT, other side TIFT.
I had to eject it after 15 minutes. could not continue. least favorite yoga I have tried.

Flow
I was excited to try flow- I like CS, any kind of stretching, Lastic, you name it. Holly and 3 women are in the living room, terrible music.
the first ten minutes you do shoulder rolls, hip rolls , other side, it never moved along. I was not enjoying it. after 15 minutes of mostly nothing ( to me) there is a floor segment - childs pose, to triangle stretch, 3 minutes of abs. It wasn't a stretch, and it wasn't CS. I guess it would be ok on a very low rest day. I know I won't use it again.
Total FAils to me
1. hello- 10 minute waste of a disc
2. calm- also a wasted disc, meditation- oh the drone of the so called music
3. yoga-endless tift and bad music and no mirror cuing and TIFT TIFT etc
4.Flow- not a stretch, not Lee Holden, not CS, just kind of vague throwing your arms around and hip circles-floor work was better but I would not use it

Good:
I liked
1.Slim- but bad looped music and TIFT so beware
2.boost- also bad music but I loved this workout, played my own music,all discs have music off option

to be tried:
1. fusion cardio and toning yoga
2.power- strength training
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-14, 10:27 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

That's too bad! It's such a drag when you get a set like that and it's a big disappointment! Can you return it? If not I am sure you would be able to trade it quite easily.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-14, 05:12 PM  
dnna

Hi Yogapam and thank you for replying to my post. There seems to be little or no interest in this set.
I am going to post about the last two though, just to give people a heads up about how poor this set is, and help someone who is thinking about it.
I would recommended thinking about how few workouts there really are that are good.
I is also very expensive to ship with that fancy box and written materials.
I would rate this 60 dollars or under. It is way overpackaged, and the written materials are pretty worthless.
anyway thanks for your response. i was feeling all alone!! lol
Old 07-12-14, 05:26 PM  
sillygirl

Thanks for posting your thoughts on the workouts. I was able to try Boost and even though the entire production looks nice I couldn't get into the workout itself. Not sure what it was.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-14, 05:32 PM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
Hi Yogapam and thank you for replying to my post. There seems to be little or no interest in this set.
I am going to post about the last two though, just to give people a heads up about how poor this set is, and help someone who is thinking about it.
I would recommended thinking about how few workouts there really are that are good.
I is also very expensive to ship with that fancy box and written materials.
I would rate this 60 dollars or under. It is way overpackaged, and the written materials are pretty worthless.
anyway thanks for your response. i was feeling all alone!! lol
Any chance that it would fit in a large flat rate box (12 1/4" x 12 1/4" x 6)? Regardless of weight, that would limit the return shipping cost to about $17 (which includes priority mail and,I believe, free tracking). Rather a $17 loss than $130 loss. Did you order from TF? Mary is da bomb when it comes to customer service.

After looking at the Baladea packaging on the TF website, I'm wondering if it would fit in the $12 flat rate box. They have one that is long and flat and looks about the right size. They list it as 14" x 12" x 3 1/2". HTH.
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-14, 05:49 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Donna - Lol, when I looked at the clips, it actually looks like something I would like. But I doubt I have anything I could trade you for it. I agree with EnglishIvy that if you can't trade it, you still get a large portion of your money back if you return it.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-14, 05:51 PM  
dnna

Is it really 130 dollars, holy toledo. I actually got mine through trading here,and I think I can use the 4 actual workouts so not a loss for me. please do not buy this for 130 dollars, wow. wow. so not worth $$$$$
the Pink Firms are better workouts than these, there are tons of better workouts in the 15 dollar range.
Old 07-12-14, 06:37 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I had this set and did return it. I think the only workout I liked was maybe Slim. I can't remember. I just could see spending so much for so few workouts.

I felt horrible doing it....but I did return it.

ETA I also had high hopes for the Fusion, Flow and Calm. It wasn't anything I'd use....and Calm is just meditation on the floor.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baladea, music off option