Old 07-10-14, 10:22 AM  
dnna

Baladea "Slim"added "Boost"

I just finished Slim from the Baladea set and here are my thoughts:
Pros
Very pretty set, lots of pink accents
very pleasant good cuing instructor, she does the whole workout
3 very pretty very fit background exercisers who do not even break a sweat
amazing! the modifier is distinctly off to the side, very visible and does modify
38 minutes of cardio, the modifier is low impact, the others are high impact with moves like jumping jacks. no burpees though
simple choreography, easy to follow at beginner or intermediate
music off option ( see cons)
cons
joni-oed at 12 minutes. music on one continous loop =drone .I restarted with my own music playing and had fun with that
tift heaven -she does about ten minutes of a routine, always tifting after adding -step touch! second block and the, omg, the entire workout from the top a couple of times
General comments-
it is a good routine if you are ok with TIFT and playing your own music. the we are best friends and partner stretches are kind of funny.-a little over the top.
I like it and will do it again, a good 40 minutes workout carido with a decent warmup and 3 minute stretch.

Boost
A 40 minute HIIT cardio workout. Longish warmup and stretch. same set, different area, same pros and cons
Pros- a very nice counter -exerciser counter, whole workout counter

Boost
this is a good cardio workout for intermediates. It would be very hard for a real beginner. time flew. Played my own music.the old CAthe cd, Loud!
Kirstin is back as a background, 2 new women join in.
The modifier is Awesome in both Boost and Slim. Easy to see, real modifications.
I got a really good cardio workout, modified some moves (see cons) and was able to do the whole workout. I reate myself low intermediate in cardio, esp. high impact cardio. no Tifting on this one.
cons for this workout:
Holly goes to the floor for some of the HIIT segments and wow, my heartrate was pretty high. I did a standing variation.
she does take extra time throughout the workout for water breaks, and a little longer interval recovery. not necessarily a con, good for beginners/intermediates.

I really like this set. look for a deal, intermediates, this set is good! very cheerful, time flew.

Last edited by dnna; 07-11-14 at 10:05 AM. Reason: added more
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-14, 10:06 AM  
dnna

will add more tomorrow
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-14, 11:17 AM  
moonbeam31

Thanks- I love hearing about these! Let us know how the other ones are too! I would love to get these eventually.
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baladea, music off option