Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-12, 01:45 PM  
bethellen

Yes - I did commit 100% and then it was done.

I quit drinking. (will be one year on Feb. 20)

Poof - down from a 10/12 to a 4/6. Plus I experienced many other positive changes.
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-12, 01:49 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
sammycakes, I do like your idea of addition by subtraction. Too many diets/eating plans fail because they don't fit into someones life or likes. I'll have to take a look at the foods I will eat, and delete the stuff I don't care about (unfortunately there's very little I flat out don't like).
Hehe. That's my problem too, not too many I don't like.

But seriously, i think it's a very interesting way of eating and apparently it's been very successful for you, sammycakes. I'll definitely be exploring those links you provided. Thanks.

Actually, now that I think about it, I used to eat like this somewhat when I was younger and naturally very thin and I never gave food a second thought back then. I ate what I wanted when I wanted and that was the end of it. Of course, my portions were reasonable and I didn't eat the more decadent food too often, but I also didn't think twice about what I ate. And I didn't eat things I didn't like (and there were more things I didn't like back then apparently).
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-12, 02:01 PM  
sammycakes

Portions definitely count, but I have a few meals that I usually overeat on purpose, and for me I think it balances out because I do practice a mild form of intermittent fasting sometimes. I am also not sure how much help I am getting from nursing right now...at times it seems to help drop weight, but other times it seems to keep your body from letting it go. Regarding foods I don't like, it's more that there are a lot of foods I don't really love or care enough about, while there are a small bunch that I adore and must eat regularly to feel healthy and be happy...I am not really a live to eat kind of person, though, and I don't emotionally eat all that often.

Also, I am definitely not super lean - to a lean person I would probably be positively fluffy. I want to lose maybe 8 lbs more fat to be satisfied, but that would not get me ripped abs or anything. I would never be able to maintain enough of a deficit over time to have super low body fat.
sammycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-12, 03:14 PM  
slysam

This thread is a great read!
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-12, 09:43 PM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammycakes View Post
I agree, there is no rhyme or reason to what passes through as acceptable from eating thread to eating thread! Thanks for seeing I had no intention to stir anything up...I appreciate that.
Thanks for editing your post, sammycakes.

I really do try to step in whenever specific eating advice is mentioned, whether it's mainstream widely accepted dietary advice or not, but we're human, so it doesn't always happen, or it doesn't happen promptly. sometimes there is a fine line between general and specific advice, and there are sometimes threads where most people are posting w/ in guidelines and one or 2 are skirting the line, but we don't want to close a thread outright (see my warning upthread). sometimes threads move very quickly, and and also the other mods and I don't always see such comments. anyone should feel free to report it any time you see specific diet advice being given or someone giving detail about their eating plan to call it to the mods attention.

In my own family I have two members who require very different (more like incompatible) diets for optimal health, so every day I am reminded about how much "healthy diet" is a highly individual thing.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fat loss, last 10 pounds, over 50, successful weight loss, weight loss