Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-11, 10:39 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

BOSU Sport/Ramp Conundrum. What would you do?

I had a BOSU Sport for years. I stopped using it because my knees wouldn't take climbing on and off it. However, I was intrigued by ramping workouts and got several of Gin Miller's workouts. I enjoyed them and decided to do them periodically. Then, my BOSU Sport died - stopped holding air (and I tried to see if it was something visible I could fix).

So, now I have workouts I'd like to do without the equipment. Things I figure I could do include:
  • Buy a Walkblaster off of eBay - But it costs a lot and that's before high shipping charges. And, it's the only one I've found.
  • Haunt Craigslist hoping to find one. No luck so far and who knows if I ever will find one there. It doesn't seem likely.
  • I considered slanted risers, but they don't work on the Reebok step and don't slant the step the right direction anyway.
  • Put yoga blocks under the far side of my Reebok step to prop it up and make a "homemade" ramp.
  • Buy another BOSU Sport.
  • Find someone who can make me something I could use. I'm not handy at ALL...
  • Give up on the whole idea and get rid of the DVDs. I may want to do them more now that I can't than I would in the long run with the equipment. And, it's not like I don't have other DVDs...

I'm sure there's something I haven't thought of. I looked through the Power Systems catalog I just got and didn't see any substitutions there.

Any suggestions? I figured VFers might come up with a brilliant idea.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-11, 10:54 AM  
horsemom2

I gave away my ramp and BOSU but kept my tilted Bodyburner for ramp workouts.

Barb S
who never liked the bounce of the BodyBurner but likes its feel for lunges and ramp moves
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-11, 10:59 AM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Can you put one end of your Reebok step on the highest level and the other end on the lowest level?
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-11, 10:59 AM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
I had a BOSU Sport for years. I stopped using it because my knees wouldn't take climbing on and off it. However, I was intrigued by ramping workouts and got several of Gin Miller's workouts. I enjoyed them and decided to do them periodically. Then, my BOSU Sport died - stopped holding air (and I tried to see if it was something visible I could fix).

So, now I have workouts I'd like to do without the equipment. Things I figure I could do include:
  • Buy a Walkblaster off of eBay - But it costs a lot and that's before high shipping charges. And, it's the only one I've found.
  • Haunt Craigslist hoping to find one. No luck so far and who knows if I ever will find one there. It doesn't seem likely.
  • I considered slanted risers, but they don't work on the Reebok step and don't slant the step the right direction anyway.
  • Put yoga blocks under the far side of my Reebok step to prop it up and make a "homemade" ramp.
  • Buy another BOSU Sport.
  • Find someone who can make me something I could use. I'm not handy at ALL...
  • Give up on the whole idea and get rid of the DVDs. I may want to do them more now that I can't than I would in the long run with the equipment. And, it's not like I don't have other DVDs...

I'm sure there's something I haven't thought of. I looked through the Power Systems catalog I just got and didn't see any substitutions there.

Any suggestions? I figured VFers might come up with a brilliant idea.
I have leslie's ramp workouts and I use my club step with slanted risers. The bonus of that is I can adjust the height up with 2 inch increments for more challenge as needed. If you own a club step already, you just need the slanted risers.

You could also build something with plywood and 2x4s.

The only thing I would buy if it broke would be my Firm TransFirmer Box. It's easier to use than the club step and slanted risers.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-11, 11:33 AM  
Donna D

Reebok inclined step works well for Gin and Leslie's workouts

http://www.target.com/s?keywords=ree...&ref=sr_bx_1_1

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=158774
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-11, 12:28 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Wow. You guys are great. There are some ideas for me to check out here.

Barb - Am I reading the descriptions correctly that you can bend two of the legs of the Bodyburner and that's why it would work with ramping workouts? I just want to be sure I understand because at first I couldn't figure out why you'd use a rebounder...

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-11, 12:49 PM  
JeepGirl

Too bad you didn't live closer--I'd give you my Ramp. PM me if you want--if we can figure out how to get it to you you can have it.

Christine
JeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-11, 02:35 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Wow. You guys are great. There are some ideas for me to check out here.

Barb - Am I reading the descriptions correctly that you can bend two of the legs of the Bodyburner and that's why it would work with ramping workouts? I just want to be sure I understand because at first I couldn't figure out why you'd use a rebounder...
The BodyBurner as well as the larger Yogflex are rebounders that come with additional legs, enabling them to be tilted. YogFlex/Yogaflex is still sold on drugstore.com, I think.

I'm sure somebody will find a link somewhere for either or both of them LOL

Barb S
whose newer puter doesn't have the older links but will try to find them on VF

ETA: found the drugstore.com link but looks like they no longer sell them
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-11, 02:46 PM  
tigger

[*]I considered slanted risers, but they don't work on the Reebok step and don't slant the step the right direction anyway.
QUOTE]

Hi Laura- I know you said you have the Reebok step, so you probably don't want to buy a club step, but the slanted risers work vertically (like a Transfirmer or weight bench) and horizontally (like a Ramp) making them extremely versatile!
tigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bosu, bosu sport, ramp, slanted risers