Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-11, 11:32 AM  
TinaT

IF I invested in the WAVE could I....

use it in place of the TransFIRMer? Or the Ramp? I don't have either of these items but have some of the TransFIRMer workouts coming my way any day. All I have is the Reebok Step and the purple/blue fanny lifter. If I'm able to find the WAVE at a great price wouldn't it be easy to use in place of these two pieces of equipment?

Has anyone tried TransFIRMer workouts with the WAVE? I'm also looking at some of Gin Millers Ramp workouts and thought it would be a great replacement for that as well.

What do ya'll think?
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-11, 11:39 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I think this step system would be great for you, if you could find it at a more reasonable price. It's compact and versatile.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-11, 11:43 AM  
TinaT

Gin Miller site is packed full of infor on past workouts and equipment. I thought I'd see what a Ramp was going for and so far can't find them at Amazon. Gin's site states they were discontinued in 2006 and can only be found on the secondary market.

I know some of the exercises in the FIRMs require you lay on the incline but I can just lay flat for those moves. I like the butt and hammy area these items help hit.
Old 05-18-11, 11:55 AM  
sologirlie

From what I heard, the new Reebok step that has an incline option is the perfect replacement for Gin's Ramp or Leslie's Walkblaster. I plan on getting it at some point even though I have the walkblaster...I just like all I've heard about it. I don't know that the wave would do much more for you as a step than any other step would...

Star
sologirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-11, 11:59 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sologirlie View Post
From what I heard, the new Reebok step that has an incline option is the perfect replacement for Gin's Ramp or Leslie's Walkblaster. I plan on getting it at some point even though I have the walkblaster...
You do know that's what I linked to above, right? Local Targets are still carrying it for $50 but they don't have it online now.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-11, 12:05 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
use it in place of the TransFIRMer? Or the Ramp? I don't have either of these items but have some of the TransFIRMer workouts coming my way any day. All I have is the Reebok Step and the purple/blue fanny lifter. If I'm able to find the WAVE at a great price wouldn't it be easy to use in place of these two pieces of equipment?

Has anyone tried TransFIRMer workouts with the WAVE? I'm also looking at some of Gin Millers Ramp workouts and thought it would be a great replacement for that as well.

What do ya'll think?
I would not recommend using the Wave in place of the Transfirmer (I assume you just mean for step aerobic purposes and not for the tall box). I have the Wave but consider it too slippery to use as a step on the stable side - for the step aerobics portion of the Wave videos I think I'll sub the Transfirmer box. I love the unstable side though! I haven't tried the unstable side as a step yet (only for strength moves and "riding the wave"), but I think I'll opt for the Bosu...which I also have
Old 05-18-11, 12:25 PM  
TinaT

I love my Reebok Step. It has had some much use of the years. It truly has paid for itself. I'm trying to figure a way to incline it without it moving . That would be my best option so I don't spend anymore money.

It defeats the purpose of finding workouts at Amazon for under $2.00 brand new! I've even thought about using the incline for older FIRMs to mix it up a bit. Just did NSTA this morning and thought how fun it would be with some of the short box aerobics.

ETA: Thanks for the link Gina, it's looks great!
Old 05-18-11, 01:27 PM  
sologirlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
You do know that's what I linked to above, right? Local Targets are still carrying it for $50 but they don't have it online now.
Oh...Sorry Gina, I totally missed your post!

I hope the fact that it's not online anymore doesn't mean it's going to be discontinued! I'm not ready for it yet, but it's on my wish list to buy in the near future.

Star
sologirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-11, 01:34 PM  
cherimac

You couldn't do incline bench press, etc. on the Wave. But, you could do dips off of the top of it and lunges onto the top of it, just like you would with the TF in incline position. And, it works for step workouts too. With some tweaking it could work. Of course, I have both, and a Walkblaster, and still want the Reebok step. So far I'm showing restraint.

Oh, and I do have a Fanny Lifter too.
Old 05-18-11, 02:12 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I do incline my Reebok step, but I put it up against the wall when I do it. You could also try some rubber matting under it to keep it from sliding. Sometimes I'm lazy and just do transfirmer workouts on a flat step. They seem to work just fine that way too.

Tags
ramp, reebok inclined step, transfirmer, wave