Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-03, 07:50 AM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Re: Woohoo Industrial Cool!

Quote:
Originally posted by rad
I did it, too. How empowering this little project was. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Noel and Raquel I printed out the instructions in Raquel's and Noel's posts and looked at my watch after I used the bathroom in Home Depot to time myself. I was determined to leave the store with an assembled barre. Precisely one hour later after spending most of the time color coordinating different metal shades of the 90's against the crossbar, I was loading up the trunk. Mine is a five-footer, also 40" inches high which is exactly what I measured according to the instuctions, and the pipe didn't even have to be cut. I too used the three-footers and with the fittings, the height was perfect. Because the metal is already threaded, it's like screwing an eraser on top of a pencil. I have to say it was easier to assemble this barre than inflating my Bosu. That's about it. Oh, and the price, $42.88. "Industrial cool" is an understatement!

Edited to read: Oh, yeah, Noel, the adjustable barre is only necessary for kids as they are skill growing; wall-mounted barres at studios can't be and aren't adjusted. So, for adults, the adjustable barre is hype.
Rad,

You're welcome, but Raquel is the person who is truly deserving of your thanks. I'm happy that you are pleased with the results of the project! Home Depot definitely beat Lowe's on the price, but it doesn't help that Tennessee has a ridiculously high sales tax.

I'm fine with a non-adjustable barre. It's sturdy and that's what matters most. Now I need to get some serious use out of it !

Take care,

Noel
Crescent Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-03, 08:37 AM  
rad

Yes, for sure, Raquel is to thank for posting these instructions. Thank you, Raquel, But I wouldn't have thought I was capable of pulling this off until I heard you say how easy and quick it was to do.

Thanks again, Noel
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-03, 02:34 PM  
Raquel13
VF Supporter

Noel and Mel, you're more than welcome! Now maybe I should get around to doing it, huh?

I bought a Rubbermaid garment rack, but it's actually being used as a garment rack right now (so much nicer to air dry all my undies on than the shower curtain rod). And the homemade barres sound so cool (not to mention sturdier)!

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Raquel13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diy barre