Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-05-10, 06:03 PM  
ella

Has anyone lost inches using this system? Any results that you want to share? I have this on my wishlist but I'm not sure if it's worth the money.
ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 10:01 PM  
ella

Bumping.
Old 03-07-10, 09:00 PM  
soccergal23

Hi! I did these a couple weeks ago and really wasn't impressed. I'll do them again tomorrow and write a more detailed description.

I have to say my favorite thing about this whole series is just using the door attachment and doing my own workout using the moves in the dvds.

For those looking for something similar, but not wanting to shell out the $$, Target has box sets with a medium-level resistance cord (covered) and hard-level resistance cord (also covered). They both come with a DVD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella View Post
Soccergal23,
Have you tried the Rapid Results Pilates or Pilates of the Fit and Famous yet?
I'm wondering what your impressions are of those workouts?
soccergal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 04:43 PM  
ella

Hi Soccergal,
Thanks for your reply. I really want these new DVD's because I have had wonderful results with Mari's ab sculpting DVD before I injured my back. I"m hoping this set will help me get my abs back after not being able to do traditional ab work for almost a year. I think I read somewhere that Mari shows beginner modifications for the ab work (using a pillow?).

I have made a deal with myself that if I cut back to one iced coffee a day for 2 weeks I can purchase this new set. So far, I have one day under my belt!
Old 03-27-10, 01:35 AM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

glamgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-10, 06:20 PM  
ella

I received the basic Mari Winsor set about a week and a half ago. I am very pleased with my purchase. The workouts are short and there is no dread factor for me. I have not been able to do pilates ab work (or any typical ab work) for almost a year due to a herniated disc in my lower back. I am happy to report that I have been able to do the ab work following the modifier in the DVD's and using the accelerator. I have not taken my measurements again since starting to use the accelerator but I do feel that my abs are tighter. And my husband did comment this morning that my "stomach looked skinnier" (even though he doesn't know anything about my new purchase. ) I have been doing only Leslie workouts and Mari's so I think the Mari DVD's get the credit for the improvement (no change in my diet). I will take measurements in another week or two. I am thinking about purchasing the Deluxe package so that I can get the extra DVD's and weights.
Old 03-28-10, 06:24 PM  
Lissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella View Post
I received the basic Mari Winsor set about a week and a half ago. I am very pleased with my purchase. The workouts are short and there is no dread factor for me. I have not been able to do pilates ab work (or any typical ab work) for almost a year due to a herniated disc in my lower back. I am happy to report that I have been able to do the ab work following the modifier in the DVD's and using the accelerator. I have not taken my measurements again since starting to use the accelerator but I do feel that my abs are tighter. And my husband did comment this morning that my "stomach looked skinnier" (even though he doesn't know anything about my new purchase. ) I have been doing only Leslie workouts and Mari's so I think the Mari DVD's get the credit for the improvement (no change in my diet). I will take measurements in another week or two. I am thinking about purchasing the Deluxe package so that I can get the extra DVD's and weights.
I would love a skinnier stomach! Congrats to you!!

I think I might need this now.

~Lissa
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-10, 08:28 AM  
QueenCici

I saw this informercial again this morning. Tempted by it, I must admit. I just can't decide if I want to go for it or not.

Cici
QueenCici is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mari winsor, pilates band, pilatesstick, winsor slimming pilates