Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-10, 09:44 PM  
pbnj

These devices are supposed to have some margin in error in them. I actually don't think there is a large difference between the two weeks. The average daily calorie burn between the two weeks differs by only about 55 calories. And your total over the week is reduced by about 274 calories. I don't think 274 calories over 5 days would totally hinder your weight loss, when it takes 3500 calories to burn a pound. So even if you're moving around less when you're dieting, the difference is in the ounces.
pbnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 12:32 AM  
Shadowpup

For what it's worth, I have a GoWearFit that I've worn regularly for a year now. Consistently, the days where I do intense cardio and restrict calories below what I've burned are days that I will move less (and burn less) unless I make a concerted effort to move around or eat a little more.

It was easier to keep a higher calorie deficit when I was actively moving (say, gardening, hiking) but not doing intense cardio.

I don't find the same effect after strength training, except for really heavy Legs workouts. After Legs days I move around a little less.
Shadowpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 11:35 AM  
SurferGirl

Thanks for all the advice.

I was so discouraged yesterday that I just took the darn thing off.
SurferGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bodybugg, calories, metabolism