Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-09, 07:28 AM  
pgun3

Christi Taylor videos

I bought Fit to Dance and liked it what other videos does she have that are fun and not too complicated?

Thanks
Penny
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-09, 08:06 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Mission Possible is the simplest workout of Christi's I have. I like doing the step portion on my BOSU Sport. Cardio Collectibles is more complex than Misson Possible, but still is less so than many of her older workouts. I keep it for the step portion, probably my favorite intermediate level step workout.

They are both different than Fit to Dance though as they are her more standard combinations that flow into a complete routine.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-09, 08:36 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3
I bought Fit to Dance and liked it what other videos does she have that are fun and not too complicated?

Thanks
Penny
I really like Fit to Dance too, and suggest you check out her Ultimate Cardio Core. Nothing fancy or intimidating and a lot of fun - you get to use a small weighted med ball (but can sub a dumbbell if needed). Collage has a clip: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...rdio-core-7850

ETA - if you are considering her older - generally more complex - videos, this site shows them in their entirety (includes Fit to Dance but not Ultimate Cardio Core or Mission Possible): http://www.myfbn.com/. Use the menu on right side to click on #12 Christi Taylor Fitness.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-09, 08:50 AM  
roz

Totally Cool Step is super fun and not as complicated as some of her other step workouts. It is more complicated than Mission Possible.
roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-09, 08:54 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I love all of Christ's workouts - they are soooo much fun. I'd suggest Still Jumpin' and Still Steppin' Just for Fun. The music is fantastic and they're fairly easy to follow. She designed them to be more for fun and less for complicated choreography.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-09, 10:21 AM  
KathAL79

Ditto to Ultimate Cardio Core, Mission: Possible, and Cardio Collectibles.

IMHO Funktional Fitness (which not everyone loves, likes, or even tolerates) is, when combined with M:P, a great way to get used to Christi's style. M:P will introduce you to her style of TIFTing (taking it from the top, or stringing combos together), while FF, which has no TIFTing, will run you through some typical hi/lo steps for her.

I started with Totally Hot Cardio for her more complex hi/lo. It's based primarily off of the hamstring curl and grapevine, with tweaks to those moves as each combo builds. What makes it good for those who aren't as experienced with complex stuff is the modifiers who stay with a more basic and/or less impact version. I did this one many times, slowly adding on a step from the full routine here and another step there, until I could do the whole thing.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-09, 08:35 AM  
pgun3

Thanks

Thanks for the input everyone! I am researching right now!!!
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-09, 11:10 AM  
westiemack

I can't believe I missed this thread!

Christi is, without a doubt, my favourite instructor! If you want to really get a good look at her workouts, go to www.myfbn.com. She has videostreaming (I think that's what it's called) of many of her videos there, including ones that will never be for sale.

She has added more since the last time I had visited it (for some reason I looked at it again before Christmas!), and now, in addition to hers Rob Glick's strength workout and Jules Benson's Total Core Pilates are also there! Very cool.

Kathy
westiemack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bosu sport