Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-07, 03:09 PM  
momof2boys

Talking Bosu?

I was wondering what everyone could tell me about a BOSU? What exersices can you do on it, what videos are good, etc. I'm thinking about asking for one for christmas.

Thanks!
momof2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-07, 03:27 PM  
antbuko

I don't have a lot of experience with the BOSU but when I first stood up on one I was surprised at the instability. If you are short, I would suggest you take a look at the BOSU Sport (I think that's what it's called), which is smaller than the standard BOSU.

I have to remember to try and use it in non BOSU workouts.
Old 10-13-07, 04:08 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

and don't forget to look on the list of the 5 best and worst, the people that listed it as good will probably come and chime in for ya.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-07, 04:12 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

Also, if you haven't yet, look at the reviews for Bosu-specific videos:
http://www.videofitness.com/reviews/bosu.php
Sarah-lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-07, 04:17 PM  
adrien_73

There are many step & floor aerobics moves that adapt very well to the bosu. For example, I recently did Life Force on it and I think it made it feel more intense. Life Force is shown on both the step & as a floor routine. The moves are very athletic & not fancy. Most workouts that fit this description would adapt very easily. However, something complex like Patrick or Christi...well...I can't do them on the floor so I doubt I could do them on the bosu!!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-07, 08:25 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I got the BOSU Sport and am so glad I did. (I'm 5'4" and have relatively short legs in proportion to the rest of my body.) I do both strength and cardio workouts on it and the cardio ones wouldn't really be posible on the regular size - I'd kill myself.

For strength workouts, I either do BOSU-specific workout or make up my own strength workout with various moves on and off the BOSU or do Kelly Coffey Meyer circuit workouts doing the cardio on the BOSU. Usually, I hate circuit workouts, but these work well for me.

For cardio workouts, I've never done a BOSU-specific workout. "Regular" workouts that do well with it include Leslie Sansone workouts with jogging intervals (Walk & Jog and one of her newer ones) and basic step workouts (Mission Possible, Cathe's Basic Step, etc.).

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-07, 07:09 AM  
sundari

The workouts I like the best are Mindy's "Explode", Keli's "Burn" and Candice's "Core Synergy". I also use it for core work with other workouts when they do low back work and abs.

I mainly use the Bosu for balance and core work.
Old 10-14-07, 10:14 AM  
Raineth
VF Supporter

I recently purchased a BOSU and I really like it. I tend to use it for simple step workouts (Cathe's Basic Step and Gilad's step, for instance)-- it really ups the intensity! Be careful with your ankles, though....I have somewhat weak ankles and I have to be especially cautious on the BOSU because it would be so easy to turn them. I do find, however, that the BOSU is much easier on the knees than my step; I guess it's the cushy surface.

I also wanted to mention that I'm 5'7" or so, and I don't find the height of the BOSU to be any problem. I do have abnormally long legs, though, so that probably helps me a bit.
Raineth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bosu sport