Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-07, 08:27 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

you might also check reviews on the body dome, which had some problems with deflating. (however Electra is giving the dynaso a thumbs up).

EDITED FOR CLARITY.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 06:22 AM  
Electra

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar
you might also check reviews on the body dome, which had some problems with deflating. (however Electra is giving it a thumbs up).
What's a body dome? Is that some kind of brand or generic term. The "Dynaso" that I have does NOT have problems with deflating, which is what I said before so therefore, not "however", yes I did give it a thumbs up
Electra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 02:21 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra
What's a body dome?
Hi - i clarified my post. i was trying to say that if the dynaso=bodydome, it might have some issues associated with it, however, you did say you have had no problems with the dynaso and was saying it was a great product.

the bodydome was the one that came with resistance cords stuck to the base and endorsed by Brenda Dygraaf (or was it Kathy Derry from The Firm ?), sold via infomercials. it came with lots of workouts (4 i believe) and it was black and yellow. VFers reported on general that they experienced some problems with it deflating.

reebok also made a oblong-looking balance trainer called the X-BALL whose base dislodged from the jumping surface (bought from target). this product also deflated for some people and they returned it to target for refund.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 07-06-07, 02:24 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

here's a thread discussing the reebok x-ball:

VF thread

Old 07-06-07, 10:51 PM  
Smokie

thank you for the update

Hi Electra,

Thank you very much for the (positive) update. I will be definitely getting one in the future - just bought a trainer for my bike and spent heaps on spinning dvds so I am trying to not buy new equipment for a while - but it has been put on my "must have" list for future purchases.

Anna
Smokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-07, 08:40 PM  
Electra

Thumbs down Australians - do not buy from EMP

This is Electra in Australia again - I bought the Dynaso from EMP Industrial in Melbourne. I've actually gotten into quite a dispute with them for ignoring my friendly warnings and being rude about a resistance band with handles which was faulty and almost took my eye out. They refused to check the safety of the product even though I'd given them details about what seemed to me to be wrong with it. I've reported them to the government consumer affairs dept to get a product recall or injunction forced on them.

Please do not buy anything from them as they have complete disrespect for their customers and are not concerned about the safety of their products. I am using their Dynaso with trepidation now.

Dang, now I wish I hadn't recommended EMP so much.
Electra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-07, 10:34 PM  
Smokie

Hi Electra,

Thank you so much for posting this update today.
I am sorry to hear about your problems with EMP and hope consumer affairs does something before someone actually loses an eye.

This post has come at just the right time for me. With the Aussie/US dollar exchange rate being so good (for us aussies) I contacted Bosu.com to see how much shipping to Australia would be, as the real Bosu would only cost about AUD115 (not including shipping). Unfortunately Bosu.com forwarded my email to their official australian distributor (qpec.com.au) who sell the Bosu home trainer for AUD245 (not including shipping) so I never actually received a shipping quote. (They did send a really nice email though).

I am not prepared to pay AUD245 for something I do not know if I will use a lot, so I was ready to go to EMP and buy the dynaso today instead but not after reading your post.

Once again, thank you Electra for the timely update - I may not have the best eyesight anymore, but I still want to keep both my eyes.

Anna
Smokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 01:35 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

does australia have Sports Authority or something like it? i got my bosu from sports authority. what i'm saying is that Bosu goes through retail sporting goods stores, and that could be the case in Australia. good luck.

p.s. - i love my bosu and so do my boys. i use it with all of my bosu vids in addition to my non complex step videos. i have even used it with Firm BSS1 & 2 for more variety. i also have some BodyBar DVDs that incorporate the bodybar and bosu.

Tags
body bar, bodybar, bosu, bosu sport, chalene johnson