Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Combinations, Rotations, & Modifications

Old 07-06-12, 05:29 AM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

Reviving this thread with some more additions According to my spreadsheet, I can go almost ten months without a repeat. New additions since the last update:

- A dvd called 'Tae Bo Express' which has 8 ten-minute sections
- I did get the suggested Chris Freytag dvd
- Two new Biggest Loser dvds yielded a couple of new routines
- Raided my Kathy Smith stash for Timesaver strength and the yoga from Project You
- A new Leslie or two; I like Leslie a lot so I try as many as I can

The total number of workouts I personally have is presently as follows:

Leslie Sansone (47)
Biggest Loser (26)
Denise Austin (18)
Chris Freytag (15)
Gilad (22)
Ten-Minute Solution (28)
Sharon Mann (20)
Power Fit (15)
Firm Express (12)
Kathy Smith (9)
Yoga Zone (14)
Tae Bo Express (4)
Barry Jay (3)
Jackie Warner (3)

For the ten-minute solution and Sharon Mann sections, I have grouped them into pairs of two so that I am not shuffling through endless lists of them. Also, for the Leslie, I have separated out the strengthy ones from the pure walking. I have all of this ripped onto the computer so I can stream them onto the iPad using Air Video. It was a bit of work (over the course of several weeks) to get it all set up, but now that I have, it is worth it.

I have some time this summer and am thinking of trying a bootcamp rotation. Following the suggestion of a fellow VFer to try and emulate what they do at the Biggest Loser Spa, here is my plan.

Morning:
20-Minute Strength
Breakfast
Post-Breakfast Walk (20-minute Leslie)
Shower, go about day

Afternoon (Hour before dinner)
Fitness class at gym if out
If home, 20-minute cardio (kickbox/aerobic) AND 20-minute free choice (abs, stretch, another Leslie, whatever)

Evening:
Probably nothing (hard to work out when partner is home) but maybe a walk outdoors after dinner, if the weather is tolerable)
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-12, 08:10 PM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna View Post
Reviving this thread with some more additions According to my spreadsheet, I can go almost ten months without a repeat.
Thanks Joanna, I was reviewing your list earlier this week!
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-12, 03:02 PM  
Gardengirl

Since I too seem to only be able to manage about 20 minute workouts during the week, I appreciate this thread too.

Just wanted to add that the Exercise TV Ultimate Body workouts are 20 minutes and pretty good too. I got this set quite a while ago and of course had to buy the entire set , and tried one workout and didn't like it. Never got any further into the set. Fast forward to a stressful, hurried life, returning to the work force and needing shorter, less intense workouts and they now appeal to me. . Did 2 today - one of which might be Cindy Whitmarsh's tank top arms which I was considering buying yesterday!!! The other was an Amy Dixon cardio which was low impact. Liked them both! There are five nice 2 minute add ons at the end of each DVD that would make a nice 10 minute add on after a cardio workout. There are 5 discs that each have a different focus; one is abs, one is toning, one is cardio, one circuits, and one yoga. They each have 3 twenty minute workouts led by a different instructor and then the five 2 minute add ons. Hopefully I will like the others as well as these two.
Old 09-01-12, 03:31 PM  
sjazz78

I've bee away from these boards for little while and it has been months since I've been able to take the time and really see what's up on this forum. And I have to say I'm so glad that I happened on this thread.
Thanks Joanna for all your hard work and to everyone one else that responded to this thread as well.
During my time away, I'm happy to report that my daughter has finally has discovered the joy of "home workouts" and is wellon the way to becoming a full fledged vidiot like her mom.
Saying that to say this, your list of 20 minute workouts will be a great help to both of us.
Old 09-04-12, 11:30 AM  
PeakFitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardengirl View Post
Since I too seem to only be able to manage about 20 minute workouts during the week, I appreciate this thread too.

Just wanted to add that the Exercise TV Ultimate Body workouts are 20 minutes and pretty good too. I got this set quite a while ago and of course had to buy the entire set , and tried one workout and didn't like it. Never got any further into the set. Fast forward to a stressful, hurried life, returning to the work force and needing shorter, less intense workouts and they now appeal to me. . Did 2 today - one of which might be Cindy Whitmarsh's tank top arms which I was considering buying yesterday!!! The other was an Amy Dixon cardio which was low impact. Liked them both! There are five nice 2 minute add ons at the end of each DVD that would make a nice 10 minute add on after a cardio workout. There are 5 discs that each have a different focus; one is abs, one is toning, one is cardio, one circuits, and one yoga. They each have 3 twenty minute workouts led by a different instructor and then the five 2 minute add ons. Hopefully I will like the others as well as these two.
Oooh, tank top arms is on youtube!
Old 09-07-12, 12:27 PM  
Gardengirl

Another DVD I just dusted off and didnt originally click with is Menna Lessig's One Minute Workout. You pick total body or which part of the body you want to work and then you pick for how long. I did the 12 minute ams after my cardio today. The caveat here is that you do alternate between standing and floor work several times. You do each exercise for one minute.
Old 12-10-12, 01:50 AM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

The Butt Bible's workouts for the first 2 weeks are 20 minutes each (1 Upper, 1 Lower)
Old 12-12-12, 08:00 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardengirl View Post

I will plug for Exercise TV too, I really wish they would have released more DVDs. I have the Total Body Toning and Lose Weight Fast DVDs, which include Cindy Whitmarsh Tank Top Arms and Stephanie Vitorino's Perfect 10. There are a bunch of Exercise TV workouts on You Tube though.

I have lots of 20 minute workouts, I tend to prefer 20-30 minute workouts these days. I will filter in longer workouts from time to time but I do shorter ones more often. Here is what I have...

PowerFit/PowerFit Harmony/PowerFit Plus
Caribbean Workout Aerobics/Kickboxing
Exercise TV Tank Top Arms
Exercise TV Perfect 10
Yoga Zone Evening Stress Release
Yoga Zone Strengthen and Tone
Sara Ivanhoe 20 Minute Yoga Makeover series
Winsor Pilates Buns/Thighs
Karen Voight BLT Ball workout
Quick Fix Pilates Abs
Prevention Abs Advantage
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-14, 03:13 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna View Post
Power Fit (15)
Firm Express (12)
just wanted to highlight these 2 that Joanna had posted earlier.

The Firm Express set comes with 2, 10-min bonus workouts by Jennifer Ray, which can be combined.

Joanna's reference to Powerfit having 15 workouts includes both the original PowerFit and PowerFit Harmony (5 and 10 discs, respectively).

Power Fit Plus has 2, 20 min workouts.

and these series are "cousins" of eachother, having Firm ties.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-21, 08:02 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Petra Kolber, Weight Watchers "Get Moving Mix." it has 5, 20-min workouts.
Karen Voight Complete Sleek, contains:
1. Sleek (main workout) 51-minute workout
2. Sweat Effect 20-minute workout
3. Strength Effect 22-minute workout
4. Sleek Effect 23-minute workout
5. Premix: 18-minute Foam Roller Workout

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
20 min strength, 20 minute workouts, old thread alert, rotation, rotation ideas, rotations, short cardio workouts, short workouts