Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-18-21, 05:02 PM  
mcn333

Exclamation Beachbody BBL DVDs not playing

I use an external DVD drive and all of my DVDs can be played except for the Beachbody Brazil Butt Lifts, which are some of my favorites. Has anyone had this issue? It looks like there's no way to access these anymore unless you subscribe to Beachbody, which is expensive.

I'm so bummed - Cardio Axe is my favorite go-to fun workout. In addition to trying to troubleshoot this, I'm also open to recommendations for comparable workouts.

Thanks!
Melissa
mcn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-21, 08:42 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcn333 View Post

I use an external DVD drive and all of my DVDs can be played except for the Beachbody Brazil Butt Lifts, which are some of my favorites. Has anyone had this issue? It looks like there's no way to access these anymore unless you subscribe to Beachbody, which is expensive.

I'm so bummed - Cardio Axe is my favorite go-to fun workout. In addition to trying to troubleshoot this, I'm also open to recommendations for comparable workouts.

Thanks!
Melissa

Ebay has plenty of sets. If your discs don't work for some strange reason, I would just buy replacement dvds and see if those worked. HTH.

BBL page

PS--do your other BeachBody dvds work? Any chance that your BBL might be a knock off?
Old 09-18-21, 09:51 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

do you have a friend who has a standard DVD player where you can test it on that type of machine?

it doesn't solve your problem, but at least you'll know it's playable on another machine.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-21, 12:14 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I have 3 different dvd players (one is Blue Ray) and they can be kind of picky. A certain disc won't play on one, but will play on the others. Also look up instructions for gently cleaning discs. Make sure there is no dust or anything on them. That sometimes makes a difference.
Old 09-19-21, 12:56 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Are the discs purple or silver on the underside? If they are purple on the underside, then they are likely knock-off dvd-r discs and those tend to degrade over time. However, I think I remember hearing about some fake/knock-off cathe discs back in the day that might have even been pressed (silver backed) dvds and the only way you could tell on those if they were official/real cathe's or not was by the little number/letter coding around the center hole.

In any case, sorry to hear some of your favorite discs aren't playing anymore.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachbody, brazil butt lift