Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-11-20, 08:55 AM  
laurajhawk

I have such a big collection now that I can get a bit of the "thrill of the hunt" just by shopping my shelves, lol. This thread (from 2011) is timely for me because I just rediscovered the Supreme 90 Day series. I bought them when they were new, did several of the workouts in May 2011 *and liked them*, then I went out of town and when I came home I did something else. Now I am liking them again! I read VF reviews before I started, and found a helpful thread with the lengths of all the workouts.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-20, 10:02 AM  
alisoncooks

I still have the thrill of the hunt, lol, but I'm equal-opportunity in that I now also apply it to other aspects of my life. For example, I'm neck-deep in planning next year's school curriculum (we homeschool), so I'm in full-on research/compare/buy mode. And I still love getting packages in the mail...even when they're school books.

Interestingly enough, I'm in the middle of a massive purge. We're recarpeting all our carpeted rooms (basically, most of the house), which means taking EVERYTHING out. (OMG, IT'S A NIGHTMARE!) However, it's been prime opportunity for major spring cleaning and purging. The other day, I donated half of my exercise video collection (maybe 30ish). I kept the ones that sparked joy. (J/k, I had a criteria re: enjoyment factor, long-term usefulness, availability, etc). I looked at it like I was planting the seeds of vidiocy in some unsuspecting thrift store shopper...
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-20, 10:17 AM  
Karla25

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I still have the thrill of the hunt, lol, but I'm equal-opportunity in that I now also apply it to other aspects of my life. For example, I'm neck-deep in planning next year's school curriculum (we homeschool), so I'm in full-on research/compare/buy mode. And I still love getting packages in the mail...even when they're school books.

Interestingly enough, I'm in the middle of a massive purge. We're recarpeting all our carpeted rooms (basically, most of the house), which means taking EVERYTHING out. (OMG, IT'S A NIGHTMARE!) However, it's been prime opportunity for major spring cleaning and purging. The other day, I donated half of my exercise video collection (maybe 30ish). I kept the ones that sparked joy. (J/k, I had a criteria re: enjoyment factor, long-term usefulness, availability, etc). I looked at it like I was planting the seeds of vidiocy in some unsuspecting thrift store shopper...
“ I looked at it like I was planting the seeds of vidiocy in some unsuspecting thrift store shopper...”
Lol. Love this. Funniest thing (but probably true) that I have read in a while.
Old 03-11-20, 10:26 AM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I have such a big collection now that I can get a bit of the "thrill of the hunt" just by shopping my shelves, lol. This thread (from 2011) is timely for me because I just rediscovered the Supreme 90 Day series. I bought them when they were new, did several of the workouts in May 2011 *and liked them*, then I went out of town and when I came home I did something else. Now I am liking them again! I read VF reviews before I started, and found a helpful thread with the lengths of all the workouts.
I’m getting ready to check out reviews now and look for clips later on the Supreme 90 Day Series. You’re an enabler! The vidiocy continues... :-)

I love finding new ways to train my body. I’ve learned so much about form and alignment from various workout DVDs. I’m so happy to have discovered this group. I’d never heard of Classical Stretch, Margaret Richard or many other instructors prior to joining. This group has made a wonderful difference in my life. Much stronger, more flexible and motivated now.
Old 03-23-20, 09:29 PM  
acey

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I have such a big collection now that I can get a bit of the "thrill of the hunt" just by shopping my shelves, lol.
Seriously this is true for me! I have SO many virgin workouts it's not even funny. And I don't even do much research - all I have to do is come to this site, see a thread about a workout, read even just that one person liked it, and I'll buy it!

Now that I have so much more time to kill during these pandemic days, I should at least *watch* some of the dozens upon dozens of workouts I never unwrapped - some of them *years* old!

I blame VF! Ultimate enablers!

Tags
large collection, old thread alert, vidiocy, vidiocy recovery