Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-02-22, 10:10 AM  
buffmama

name the series

I'm thinking that Caroline Girvan will have a new series coming Jan 1. (Although I know nothing.). I thought it'd be fun to guess at what it might be called. EPIC is a terrific name, can it be beat?! Let's see.
Old 12-02-22, 10:58 AM  
ellaenchanted

A lot of people were requesting another Iron series so it could be Iron 2.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 12:51 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I'm thinking that Caroline Girvan will have a new series coming Jan 1. (Although I know nothing.). I thought it'd be fun to guess at what it might be called. EPIC is a terrific name, can it be beat?! Let's see.
I’m wondering if she’s going to do some type of membership access. Seems like she’s been offline for so long and has big plans. Growingannas started an app you can pay for once she got popular besides her YouTube offerings.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 01:12 PM  
Poodlepants

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I’m wondering if she’s going to do some type of membership access. Seems like she’s been offline for so long and has big plans. Growingannas started an app you can pay for once she got popular besides her YouTube offerings.

I think this might be where she is going. There was talk at r/Caroline Girvan that she was going to release an app. Apparently, anyone who asks about Caroline's whereabouts at the Facebook group gets their question deleted.
Old 12-02-22, 02:50 PM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post

I could see that happening. I can understand wanting to maximize monetization of their content though I have yet to pay for any Yter's app. Vera Laro now has membership only content in addition to some free videos but, as much as I love her workouts, I didn't want to pay 14.99/mo. If I pay for an app, I prefer to have a variety of types of workouts instead of just one style/type otherwise, it needs to be more along the lines of $5-6/mo.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 07:20 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
I could see that happening. I can understand wanting to maximize monetization of their content though I have yet to pay for any Yter's app. Vera Laro now has membership only content in addition to some free videos but, as much as I love her workouts, I didn't want to pay 14.99/mo. If I pay for an app, I prefer to have a variety of types of workouts instead of just one style/type otherwise, it needs to be more along the lines of $5-6/mo.
Same here. I love Vera, but I am not paying $15/mo when I can get it for free.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 07:53 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I was thinking Iron 2 as well, it was very popular although personally I love her Epic Heat and Epic 3 series the best.

I also suspect she’ll start an app or membership only content on YouTube like Vera did. I’ve rarely even tried subscriptions, but I suspect I probably would accept the monthly charge for Caroline’s content. She’s by far my favorite of the YouTube instructors. I guess it depends on how much it is and what the content looks like. I hope all the old stuff remains free!
Old 12-03-22, 12:19 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
I was thinking Iron 2 as well, it was very popular although personally I love her Epic Heat and Epic 3 series the best.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I’m working through Epic 3 again right now and my body always responds the first two weeks of Heat. I repeated it before I did Epic 3 again. I should have liked Iron because it’s slow and heavy but something about it I just couldn’t get into it. And she wore that drab brown through the whole thing which sounds really shallow but I hated the color. Lol. I think a lot of her fans found her later on after she made the original Epics.

I truly hope she doesn’t go to an app. I don’t even understand how apps work. What do you workout off of your phone? Pick different moves that you then execute for X amount of times on your own? That just seems dumb. Apps are for games. I won’t pay for it either. I only pay for workouts I own whether dvd or digital. Sorry, I’m cheap and on a budget. My husband does not share my interest in working out, and we are a single-income family now (his not mine). He gives me with a modest allowance for my fitness addiction, and I can’t afford any kind of monthly service. I’m not paying to stream anything or a monthly service because I can’t afford it. She might go to Patreon. A lot of old YouTubers use that but I don’t hear it mentioned much. Maybe it lost popularity.

She could be making her own website like Millionaire Hoy did with different programs that you can buy outright or pay for a monthly stream service to access everything. Lauren Brooks did that too although she made hers way more difficult to access than he did. I would be more inclined to pay like $30 for a 90 day program that I own and can repeat than I would some kind of monthly service.

It’s funny that she would delete posts of people asking where she is, but when she put out that 20 minute full body workout a while back she sounded annoyed that she had to interrupt whatever she is working on to make it amend let us all know she’s ok. She should be making plenty of money just off of YouTube. Only some of YouTube people would follow her on a pay service. FitnessKayKay made an app before Growingannanas but she still puts three workouts or so out a week on YouTube. Maybe if Caroline goes the pay route, she’ll still put some stuff on YouTube.

Sorry to the OP because I have zero guesses what she might call another series. I just hope she makes one. Lol.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caroline girvan