Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-22, 04:58 PM  
Helen

Pulling out my embroidery has really helped with TV time and being a 'tilt-doll'. Also having to keep my hands clean stops the snacking -AND I'm being productive WIN-WIN-WIN!

Yes, I DID do it - did one of the new makes via YouTube - GForce Ultimate Cardio - Step. after the walk with Alice, which was ICY!

Have to dash - Tuesday morning at work, and the bell is imminent.

Looking forward to this afternoon's workout already.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-22, 06:51 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Uh Oh ... falling behind

and that will never do!

Vantreesta: You are so blessed to have those memories and be able to make new ones? Cherish every moment of it. As I'm sure you do!

Helen: I think I have that GForce vhs tape. Interesting how everything (just about!) is now available on you tube.

Lili:
You'll be super happy you went and got a color you LIKE! Otherwise, every time you would walk in the room you would have said, "I wish I had ....." but now you have. A little extra time and effort! Well worth it.

On to me, me, me ... Have to check in while I can:

10/10/22: (Cool date alert!) ... 30 minutes Lower Body strength training with Caroline Girvan (From now on to be referred to as CG as her logo shows!)

10/11/2022: 45 mins. Progession Run and a 10 mins. cool down run/walk. 10 mins. mobility for hips with Pete Donaho on Hydrow

Pete is fast becoming my favorite for stretching out my legs/hips.

That's it for now. Gotta run. Lots to do and pickleball at 10 a.m. (when it's a tad bit warmer)

Have a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-22, 07:32 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - If I didn't knit while I watch TV, I'd be asleep rather quickly! And as for tending to the pets during their duress, yes, I'm getting a lot of knitting, reading and napping in!
Cleda - How are you liking CG? I know I looked her up a while back, but now I can't remember if I tried any of her workouts.
I am very happy that I switched colors when I did, I'm much happier with the final result.
Vantreesta - Sounds like a lovely weekend! And what wonderful memories you and your mother have made together! May you continue to make many more.

10/10 - Run day! 3.13 miles in the park, perfect weather and I felt great!
dog walk
10/11 - dog walk
The 3rd Beginner workout from Lift with Cee. I like these, but I wish she would give a range of weights to choose from.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-22, 04:45 PM  
Helen

Thursday mornng at work.
Wednesday was only the 5km brisk walk with school kids for sport and an after-work walk with Alice.
The night just slipped away.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 10-12-22, 05:54 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

But it counts !!!

Helen: that all counts. You're like me. We're too critical. What normal people would think is a lot - we're like, "Eh ... didn't do much ...." Give yourself some grace! You're a ROCKSTAR!

Lili: I'm doing the Iron Series. I also did CG's 20 mins. (latest/new) you tube video which was total body. I like her. She's good. These are straight forward lifting, ZERO talking. She only talks in the beginning and that's it. Has a timer going, then shows a preview of the next exercise. It's PERFECT. I don't know what her other series are like, but this one is great!

Waves to Vantreesta and whoever else might be reading.

While I"m here:

10/12/2022: 30 mins. Kendall's Mental Health Ride (for 2022)**, 30 mins. Upper Body CG (Week 1, Day 2) and then 2 hours of pickleball.

It was only in the 60s, but the sun was fantastic. Really a perfect day. (much Like I Imagine Lili's was for her run!) and the fall foliage is so pretty. I swear, If I didn't know what was coming after??? Autumn would be my favorite season.

** Kendall's Mental Health Ride. I DID NOT LIKE it. And I rarely say that about rides. Didn't know the music (so that didn't help) .... but it almost seemed depressing. Last years's picked me up (from what I remember) and seemed meaningful. Not this one. OY ...

Oh Peloton drama? Daniel McKenna is suing Peloton interactive and one of the employees (Jen Cotter). . . .

Ok, gotta run.
Till tomorrow.
Cleda
Old 10-14-22, 05:14 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Keeping up

Will miracles never cease? Came to read and figured might as well post while I'm here!

10/13/2022: 10 mins. DRIVE Row (was in Alaska - with whales?) , 30 mins. Glutes Iron Series Day 3 CG

Onward!
Make it a great day
Cleda
Old 10-14-22, 11:45 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Trying to not get behind in posting, so...

10/12 - TURD (hubby's golf buddy came by and stayed for hours, felt rude leaving to workout, and then it was too late)
10/13 - Firm's Hard Core Fusion, 57 min. Since I missed a cardio day and it was strength day, I did this one. Not bad, not great, and I can't believe I made it through the whole thing!

Old 10-15-22, 08:05 PM  
Helen

Popping in Sunday noonish
Thursday / Friday - just dog walks - feeling very schlumpy
Saturday
long dog walk, weather just lovely
Cathe - Rockout Knockout (55min)
some weeding

Sunday
So far, sewing - making a new blouse, first garment with new machine - bit of a learning curve.
It has been pinned out on the dining table all week, cut it out yesterday.

LILI
Agreed - awkward to leave a guest to do a workout. Life happens.

CLEDA
Thanks for the emotional boost.
I've downloaded and burnt Caroline Girvan's Epics (1,2,3, & Heat) and have saved the playlists for others like Iron. Finally entered the Epics into my log so they will now come up in a computer slot-filling template. That's all to say - played with downloading and making DVDs but have not done ANY..... yet.
Done the same for Sydney Cummings' Summertime Fines (3) but have only burnt the first one. Second one is made into DVDs but not burnt, third set have only downloaded the MP4s. This is my form of procrastination - feeling productive but NOT actually DOING a workout.

VANNIE
waves!!

Feeling better today, probably after having Kathryn move me to do a workout last night.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 10-15-22, 08:31 PM  
Vantreesta

Helen, you sound so much like me! Organizing instead of doing!

I have downloaded a bunch of YT workouts but can't remember what I need to do to burn them to DVD, making sure they are separate workouts and don't somehow burn as one file.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-22, 03:59 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

10/14 - dog walk
Grease Dance/Walk w/ Gina B on YT
30 Min. PZ Endurance Pop Ride w/ Olivia
5 Min. Post Ride Stretch w/ Bradley Rose
10/15 - apple picking, walking around the orchard and painting woodwork
10/16 - dog walk and more painting