Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-22, 08:22 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Katie! Haha, I love that one too. At a flea market this fall I saw a small wheelbarrow and told hubby I should get it bc I was picturing one of my 3 ft skeletons standing like he was pushing it full of skulls. He shook his head at me and smiled. It was more than I wanted to spend though so when I saw the little wagon at Target I decided to just sort of do it small scale.

I didn't add new pics of my village since it looks basically the same as the ones I posted of it last year.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-22, 09:14 AM  
Leonana

Vannie, I like the moves in the workouts and the length. However, she moves a bit too fast for me for a heavy weight workout, and I'm not a fan of the warm up. But it's easily modified, so I will stick with it. However, I don't want to do five days in a row, most likely just two, then take a break. I'm a bit sore in my glutes (there are a lot of squats!) and my shoulders are aching a little bit. I also want to incorporate different types of workouts in there. However, I can see that five days a week of these workouts would be really effective.
Old 10-19-22, 09:17 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks for the feedback, Sherry! I will have to see how it goes since my PT is very glute intensive.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 10-20-22, 11:54 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks for checking out my pics! I really have so much fun doing it all that it doesn't really feel like as much work as it is. But since it is a lot, it's usually up inside for about two months and outside a little less. I didn't post any village pics this year since it looks pretty much the same overall as last year. It's organized differently in some ways but just the overview looks the same, very busy! I think it's no longer a village and is now a town.

Yesterday was a very low motivation day. I finally got out of the beanbag chair later in the afternoon and did DanceFit Dancetober challenge day 1 playlist (on YouTube), one round of PT and Yoga With Adriene Yoga for Healthy Blood Flow.

Sherry, I think I'm putting off Cee till next month. I'm just so scattered this time of year and lucky to get in workouts at all.

Old 10-21-22, 09:32 AM  
Leonana

Vannie, the holidays definitely make a time difference. I have only done two so far, I was so tired yesterday evening. I have been doing errands after work, and that is a lot of walking around in stores. Every day I find something else we need! I wish I could get it all together and shop groceries once a week. And I shop at five different stores, to get the best prices, or something the other ones don't have. Maybe I need to start doing pick up or order more online.
Old 10-22-22, 11:18 AM  
Leonana

Vannie, I just saw a pic of a cute skeleton in the Jessica Smith FB Group. She dressed a skeleton in a workout bra and pants, and then posed it in a warrior pose with the arms up. I wish I could share the pic, but I'm tech challenged here, lol. Maybe I can do it for the tapatalk forum.
Old 10-24-22, 09:39 AM  
Vantreesta

The November thread is up!

http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...d.php?t=233470

Sherry, my mom used to go to Walmart almost every day after work. I have no idea how she did that but we were very different people. She was the most extroverted person I've known and well, you guys know me, pretty much Ms. Homebody unless it's hiking or Ren Fests! Love that Jessica dressed a skeleton! I should post the pics I took a few years ago of my skeletons "working out."

Old 10-24-22, 05:48 PM  
Leonana

Vannie, I’m in the middle. I need connection, but it is tiring! I’m peopled out at the end of the day. Your mom did seem like an extrovert. She touched so many people.

It wasn’t Jessica that posed the skeleton, but a member of the group. It was cute!
Old 10-24-22, 10:35 PM  
Catahoula Cate

The skeleton doing a yoga pose sounds cute. I saw something like that on facebook.

We got our first snow of the season today. It was very heavy and wet. The dogs loved it. It won't last very long so really not a big deal and pretty. One thing about cooler weather is that I do more cooking than normal so we had a nice meal and that was fun.

I've still been doing exercises and youtube clips. Both Upright Health and Precision Movement have come up with some gems for the knees.

Thanks for getting November up Vannie. I've really got some things to work on.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-22, 08:21 AM  
Vantreesta

Happy Halloween!!