Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-02-22, 05:56 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I'm reading A Place Beyond Courage by Elizabeth Chadwick. It has been a great book, an historical novel set in England in the 1100s. I have this book and the second in her series and will probably read more in the series, if I keep loving the books.

I'm reading And Now You're Back by Jill Mansell. I'd classify it as pretty good fluff. It's what I classify as a "beach read" and has been a fun, if not predictable, story.

I'm almost done with Ribbons of Scarlet, a book by about six different authors. Each chapter, written by a different author, is based on a woman involved in the French Revolution. Since each chapter is 80 - 100 pages, it's like a short story about each character. It was a surprise and I think the book is very good.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-22, 08:32 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I just finished This is How it Always Is By Laurie Frankel- a novel about a family with a transgender child. I liked it and wasn't expecting to for some reason since I read and liked Becoming Nicole
I am now reading Hamnet by Maggie O'Farrell

ETA: Becoming Nicole is non-fiction.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-22, 06:01 PM  
Sissy B

I am so ready for fall! I have been over summer since May. It's just too hot for me.

I finished The Shining this morning and now I'm reading the sequel, Doctor Sleep. I haven't read anything by Stephen King in years, but was interested after I finally watched Stranger Things on Netflix this summer. I also read Carrie last month.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-22, 10:33 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I read Later by Stephen King. I liked it!

I will soon start reading Lisey's Story by Stephen King.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-22, 12:58 AM  
Erica H.

I'm reading I'm Glad My Mom Died - a memoir by Jennette McCurdy. It's really disturbing and sad. I find myself thinking about her story a lot when I'm not reading it and I keep talking to DH about what I'm reading as I'm reading it (almost done).

Just finished Coping with Concussion and Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: A Guide to Living with the Challenges Associated with Post Concussion Syndrome and Brain Trauma. I got a concussion in January and am still struggling with symptoms.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-22, 01:12 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I just finished This is How it Always Is By Laurie Frankel
I've read this and another book by Laurie Frankel (One Two Three) and didn't like either of them for some reason. I don't remember why I didn't like them though.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-22, 09:15 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I'm reading I'm Glad My Mom Died - a memoir by Jennette McCurdy. It's really disturbing and sad. I find myself thinking about her story a lot when I'm not reading it and I keep talking to DH about what I'm reading as I'm reading it (almost done).

Just finished Coping with Concussion and Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: A Guide to Living with the Challenges Associated with Post Concussion Syndrome and Brain Trauma. I got a concussion in January and am still struggling with symptoms.

Erica
Even the title of the book is disturbing. I have a hold on it at two libraries and I think it has more holds than almost any other book I’ve ever requested.

Sorry about your concussion and the lingering symptoms.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-22, 09:20 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
I read Later by Stephen King. I liked it!

I will soon start reading Lisey's Story by Stephen King.
I haven't read Later yet and put it on my list, thanks. Lisey's Story was different - in the beginning it made me roll my eyes a bit but then it drew me in. It was touching in some ways and creepy in others. I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts.

Erica, I looked up the Jennette McCurdy book - sounds disturbing! I hope you heal up well from the concussion.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-22, 09:20 AM  
TracyQ

I finished three books this summer which is pretty good for me.

I read the Maid by Nita Prose. I didn’t love it like most people I know who read it did. It started out pretty good but I was bored toward the end.

I also read two books by Kristin Hannah, Four Winds which I thought was excellent and Between Sisters which I enjoyed. While I’m on a winning streak with this author I am planning to start Firefly Lane today.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-22, 09:25 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
My husband told me about this; it sounds interesting.

So sorry you are still struggling with post-concussive symptoms; hope you get some relief soon.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobooks, books, fall reading, kindle, off topic, off-topic, reading