Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-22, 10:38 AM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday I did an episode of Happy Yoga with Sarah Starr. Also did another load of laundry and cleaned bathrooms. I swear there was more housework but now I can't remember what!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 10:59 AM  
Sissy B

I’m back at the condo. I drove up yesterday and went to the Holiday Bazaar. Today I’m going furniture shopping - we need a couch - and DD will come in tonight. We’re going the the Christmas Open House at our favorite vintage shop tomorrow morning and tomorrow night we’re going to the play at the community theater.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 11:21 AM  
Vantreesta

You sure keep busy, Sissy! Have fun with your daughter!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 12-05-22, 11:57 PM  
Vantreesta

Friday I did another episode of Happy Yoga and put up some lights outside. Saturday I got my trees up and decorated and yesterday I put up my village. Today I put out my mom's inflatable Olaf. Part of me wants to put up more and part of me says I'm done so I guess we'll see! I was so excited that I did yoga two days in a row and then Saturday I forgot to do it. I ran errands that day and when I was leaving the first store I fell in the parking lot and landed hard on my knee. It wasn't ice, just snow that had been driven on and had melted a little the day before, and I was wearing UGGs from my cousin instead of my actual snow boots. Anyway, I knew there was no damage but it was still really sore and by the time I sat down around 9:30 PM to watch a movie it was worse. Today it's almost back to normal, thank goodness!

Old 12-06-22, 10:59 AM  
Sissy B

I hope your knee is feeling better today, Vantreesta.

I’m waiting on the new couch to be delivered today. I also got a couple of small tables to put on either side of it from another store, they were delivered Friday. I’ll probably go home tomorrow, it depends on the weather. There is a chance of rain. I don’t mind driving in rain as long as there is visibility, but Belle doesn’t like bad weather. DH will still be on nights tomorrow night, but then his set of 7 days off starts on Thursday.

It was a fun weekend with DD. In addition to what we already had planned, we did a little shopping around town and went to another Christmas Open House on Sunday before she left. She’s coming home for Christmas on the 17th.

I have my jingle bell wreath on the front door, my A Christmas Story tree up in the foyer and the nutcrackers and other decorations are on the mantel. I need to get my Nativity out. And we’re trying to decide if we want to get a live tree this year or invest in a nicer artificial one to go in the living room.
Old 12-06-22, 11:07 AM  
Vantreesta

I need to find a place for my Nativity. I have a small one that my brother gave me years ago but I also have a big stable that my grandpa made from old barn wood and figures my mother-in-law gave me that I just have no place for bc it's so big. I'm trying to think of a place, especially since Cyric doesn't bother with anything on the floor that he knows isn't his, so I could put the big one on the floor as long as it isn't where playing might bump or break the figures. I want to put up some of my nutcrackers too.

My knee seems to be fully back to normal today, thanks. Well other than the actual bruise which is still a little tender. But I knelt on it last night and it wasn't bad so no big deal.

Old 12-06-22, 04:37 PM  
Sissy B

The couch was delivered about an hour ago. While I was waiting I mopped the floor where it was going to go and worked on getting a few things put up in the kitchen.
Old 12-06-22, 05:23 PM  
Vantreesta

Nice use of time while waiting! Hope you love the new furniture!

I ended up moving a few things and putting up my small Nativity on a bookshelf. Got my VF gift exchange gifts mailed and picked up a few groceries to make coconut bonbons for Christmas lunch with a couple friends tmrw. I haven't made them in a few years and forgot how DRY they are! I managed to get the balls shaped and put in the freezer but I'm afraid of how they're gonna taste so I ended up making chocolate walnut fudge. It didn't turn out exactly right but hopefully it will be okay. For the life of me I could not get all the chocolate chips to melt!

Old 12-10-22, 01:29 AM  
Vantreesta

Today I did Kassandra's Full Moon Yoga that she posted earlier this week. It was exactly what I needed! Tmrw I'll be baking all day with my friend, and I guess her daughter and daughter's friend will be helping. Sunday I'm going to the Nutcracker with the same friend and her kids. So I don't know if workouts will happen or not. Tonight I made cutout cookies for the girls to decorate if they want, made supper right after that and as soon I finished eating I had to run get the groceries for tmrw. I waited till hubby had gotten home and cleared the snow so I didn't pack it down by driving on it. And as soon as I got back from the store I had to take Cyric for his third walk. I was so happy to just crash into the beanbag after that! Sometimes just life requires endurance!

Old 12-14-22, 12:40 AM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys. Saturday we made gingersnaps, chocolate mint cookies, gingerbread fudge, chocolate mint brownies, gingerbread cake pops, dipped pretzels, chocolate cashew cranberry marshmallow clusters and M&Ms pretzel vanilla clusters. I can't stop eating it all even though I put it all in the freezer! Sunday we went to the Nutcracker, which was wonderful as always. My mom and I used to go together when they lived in MN and this was the first year I've gone since she's been gone. I've gone some times alone, a couple times with hubby (he was not thrilled) and once with the same friend as this year.

I ate way too much sugar, skipped supper both nights and forgot to take my water with me Sunday so I wasn't surprised I ended up with a monster headache Sunday night. It lasted most of yesterday but I still managed to do a load of laundry and cleaned up the kitchen mess left since Friday night before I took a nap. It was mostly gone later in the day and then I had grief group last night. Unfortunately, the headache came back last night so I just kept today low key and relaxed. I'm hoping it stays gone now. I did do another load of laundry today but mostly I spent some time on the computer and with Cyric. And I did an episode of Happy Yoga and a Lee Holden Qi Gong headache relief routine. I kept the lights and volume low all day and it helped my anxiety too.

It has rained almost all day with temps around freezing. I'm not looking forward to walking and driving tmrw. We only walked this morning. Walking in the rain in 60 degrees is much different than when it's 30!

I've signed up for Adriene's January yoga challenge as well as Lauren Brooks' January squat challenge.