Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-22, 06:12 PM  
wendug

Turbo Jam- Kickin' Core
Thanks to a generous VF'er I received this in request the wealth along with the other Turbo Jam that uses the stability ball. I LOVE this workout! Fun cardio for the first 30 minutes and then some unique core work with the ball for about 10 minutes. So happy to have this in my collection!
Old 06-06-22, 09:00 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Turbo Jam- Kickin' Core
Thanks to a generous VF'er I received this in request the wealth along with the other Turbo Jam that uses the stability ball. I LOVE this workout! Fun cardio for the first 30 minutes and then some unique core work with the ball for about 10 minutes. So happy to have this in my collection!
Yay for your score! No workout today. I'm doing Iron Series Day 4 tomorrow...total body. Wednesday should be cardio and Thursday I finish week 1 of Iron Series!
Old 06-07-22, 05:26 PM  
wendug

My schedule has been all messed up today. I had to take my husband to the airport early this AM. My alarm was set for 5 am and of course, my dogs decided to wake me up at 4:30, so it was a very early day for me. Also, I didn't find out I was taking him to the airport until 11 last night. So I had very little sleep last night. I did take a nap today, but that just threw me off. My workout helped me get back to feeling normal.
I did KCM- Sculpting Rx workout 2- cardio sculpt with light weights. I also tacked on her light cardio sculpting workout from Body Design. Both workouts felt great! I'm toying with the idea of doing low weight/high rep workouts for a while. I started lifting heavy Jan. 1, and although I love it, I think I need to switch things up for a while. I'm sure I'll go back to my heavy lifting, though!
Old 06-07-22, 08:14 PM  
gigi

Wendy, good for you getting a workout in when your schedule was so off! I think mixing it up is a good idea!

I did Cathe's 4DS Kickboxing warm up. It's a good 12 minute warm up that got my heart rate up and really warm. I'm finding that my body needs to be really warmed up before doing Carline's workouts. Then I did Iron Series, Week 1, day 4: Total Body Circuits. My heart rate was up. I feel that I'm back in my workout groove. Now, it does help that it is summer and my body natrually likes a lazy morning and later evening workouts. I need to keep it up over the summer and not let it slip during the school year, which is easier said than done.
Old 06-08-22, 05:19 PM  
wendug

Today I did my first Penny Barnshaw workout- Metabolic Supersets- and it kicked my booty! I didn't pick up any weight heavier than 20 pounds (and those were for deadlifts), and focused more on increasing the number of reps rather than how heavy I can go. Still working my muscles, just in a different way than I have for the past 5 months. Yes, it is good to change things up sometimes!
Old 06-08-22, 10:57 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Today I did my first Penny Barnshaw workout- Metabolic Supersets- and it kicked my booty! I didn't pick up any weight heavier than 20 pounds (and those were for deadlifts), and focused more on increasing the number of reps rather than how heavy I can go. Still working my muscles, just in a different way than I have for the past 5 months. Yes, it is good to change things up sometimes!
Penny Barnshaw is one of the few youtube instructors who actually perform a clean correctly! No workout today. Tomorrow is day 5 of week 1, Iron Series! I plan to do a short cardio before it as a good warm up.
Old 06-09-22, 05:39 PM  
wendug

I was looking at my Step 360 thinking I should really try to use it more often. So, I decided to try The Firm's Tough Cardio Mix using it. It definitely made the workout a bit harder, but it isn't the best use of it. I have found the best way to use it is with weight workouts that use the step (Jari Love style). It really works the core.
Old 06-09-22, 09:02 PM  
gigi

I did Step #7 to get in some cardio and to get really warmed up. I'm becoming a huge fan of Kat Gates-Buettner. I did mostly low impact and got in a great steady state cardio. Then I did Iron Series Day 5: Arms, Abs, and Core. Week 1 is finished!

My plan is as follows with a few days of cardio before Iron:

Friday: Day 6 Quads focus
Saturday: Day 7 Shoulders & Triceps
Sunday: Day 8: Glutes and Hamstrings
Monday: Rest, Cardio, or Mobility
Tuesday: Day 9: Full Body Cardio Workout
Wednesday: Full Rest
Thursday: Day 10: Back & Biceps
Week 2 will then be complete!
Old 06-10-22, 12:56 PM  
gigi

I did Cathe's Ripped with HiiT Plyo HiiT One Warm up, then Iron Series Day 6: Quads focus (getting better at bulgarian lunges). I did my own stretching during CG's stretching and then did the CD and stretch from Plyo HiiT One. My nephew turned 16 and he and his friends are coming over to play games for his birthday! Happy weekend everyone!
Old 06-11-22, 12:53 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I did Cathe's Ripped with HiiT Plyo HiiT One Warm up, then Iron Series Day 6: Quads focus (getting better at bulgarian lunges). I did my own stretching during CG's stretching and then did the CD and stretch from Plyo HiiT One. My nephew turned 16 and he and his friends are coming over to play games for his birthday! Happy weekend everyone!
Have fun on your nephew's b-day! Turning 16 is such an exciting time.
I imagine once you finish the iron series you'll be a pro at bulgarian lunges.

I didn't do an official workout yesterday as I did some major cleaning around the house and washed both my and my dh's cars. I plan on doing some sort of workout later today, but not quite sure what it will be.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts