Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-20-22, 05:03 PM  
wendug

I mowed the front & back yard today, edged, swept, and put down grub control. I was sweating so badly, but I did drink a ton of water to compensate. My body can't deal with humidity! Since I was already a sweaty mess, I decided to get in a quick workout. I chose Caroline Girvan's 20 minute solid shoulder and arms workout. It's a great quick arm workout.
Old 05-20-22, 05:08 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
Penny Barnshaw 5000 Steps Walking Workout with Ankle Weights. This was fantastic. I did it with the ankle weights and it kept my heart rate up and left me a sweaty mess. I'm learning to find cardio workouts that are good for my body yet challenging. This was perfect and tough! I followed that up with Cathe's Boss Bands Glute & Core Stretch.

Tomorrow I work until 6 so I won't get home until late since I have close to an hour commute. My next workout probably wont' be until Saturday. School is out May 27th. I am so ready. There is so much paperwork to do at the end of the year as a special education teacher.
I like the looks of this workout from Penny. I'll have to try it! I'm happy to hear your school year is over soon. I know how stressful the end of the school year can be; but then you have summer break! When I worked for the schools I was a year-round employee, but it definitely was a different vibe over the summer.
Old 05-22-22, 12:43 PM  
gigi

This Firday is my last day [B]Wendy[B]! No workout Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. Today I cleaned my apartmnet, did Vera LaRo Full Body HiiT, getting in the shower, and then going to mom's house to clean for her. I had to get up at 5:00, my usual time for work, to get to senior graduation. I came home and crashed all day...literally. The full body hiit was tough but doable. I reserached how to do a balistic row becasue Vera's did not look correct to me. She uses a lot of her legs. I also subbed different moves for some of the ab work.
Old 05-22-22, 05:20 PM  
wendug

Today I took my dogs for a long hour and a half walk. Did lots of laundry, finally re-grouted in the shower the area that had cracked grout. I don't think the color of grout is going to match exactly. But it is done! My body has been sore with all the yardwork I've been doing so I did The Firm- Power Yoga. I don't do yoga or flexibility routines nearly as often as I should. I do take longer to stretch after workouts, but I usually don't like to spend my only workout as yoga. But my body needed it and I feel great after!
Old 05-23-22, 05:27 PM  
wendug

Brian Syuki- 10 minute kickboxing HIIT for warmup

Lift w/Cee- Muscle Burns Fat Plan- Workout 1 Legs & Shoulders & Workkout 2- Chest & Triceps. I wasn't ready to stop lifting after workout 1 so I rolled right on over to workout 2 and did that too! I hope she comes out with a new weightlifting plan soon!
Old 05-24-22, 05:17 PM  
wendug

The Firm- Super Cardio Sculpt. If you up the intensity with higher impact moves, you can get a decent sweat with this workout.
Old 05-25-22, 05:23 PM  
wendug

KCM- Muscle Up/Lift 2B Fit- Workout One (Back, Chest, Shoulders) + Bonus Abs
Old 05-25-22, 05:45 PM  
gigi

I posted about youtube instructors and cleans in the wrong forum....ooops!

No workout Monday. My dad was in the ER. It was vertigo but he is having a few other issues that are being looked into.

Tuesday was a work late night so I got home too late to workout.

Tonight i did Get Fit with Rick 10 Minute Speed Walkfollwed by Vera Laro Tabata Full Body with DB's. I enjoy using Rick's workout for a warm up. Vera's workout was fantastic. She
called a swing to curtsy lunge a clean to cursty lunge. I actually did a clean to cursty lunge. This was a great workout for using medium to heavy DB's and get a cardio benefit as well.
Old 05-26-22, 05:15 PM  
wendug

gigi- LOL! It's easy to post in the wrong forum. I often open up the wrong thread! Glad to hear your dad is okay after the ER trip!

Today was a stretching day. Lift w/Cee warmup then Mady Morrison Full Body Stretch.
Her stretching videos are so good!

After months of doing weight workouts on the floor, yesterday I decided to use my transfirmer as a weight bench. Which means I had more range of motion in my chest presses, flyes, lat pullovers, etc. And WOW. That extra range of motion has made me sore today! Also, I used a 35 pound dumbbell for single arm lat rows, so I'm sure that contributed to the soreness!
Old 05-28-22, 04:17 PM  
gigi

Gah! Thursday and Friday - no workout. It was pouring down rain when I came home on Thursday. It was just so dark and I love hearing a strong rain come down. I intended to just rest for a moment on the couch and fell asleep. Then I got up and put on my pj's.

Friday was my last day of school and I'm reveling in the freedom of not having to get up at 5, spend so much on gas, and plan to focus on working out daily. I plan to do HR's Killer Leg Day again today. I'll post when I do. Sunday may be upper body or just cardio. My upper body is still sore from Wednesday's workout. Carline's Fuel Series starts on Monday. I will definitely check it out. My pattern is that I get super excited about a series, then I fizzle out.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts