Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-22, 04:17 PM  
Jules

Happy Veteran's Day! I still have not been working out. I've been very congested and my left ear has been plugged up. I got out my neti pot yesterday and used a bunch of Flonase and my ear finally popped. It isn't completely unblocked but it is much better today. I also had a lot of gunk drain out of my sinuses. (Sorry - super gross) I think I am finally healing and I hope to start exercising again soon, because I need to for stress relief! We had more snow here and I did do a little bit of Shovel Max, but I am leaving most of it for my son.

Kate: I went back to look at BC 81 and I remember it now. It has my "dream team" of BC instructors!

Malinda: Hopefully work will slow down for you soon so you can enjoy the holidays. I know that when I am stressed it definitely affects my motivation to exercise. I just want to hide under the covers and read.

Oh yeah, I have one crazy, cool thing to report. Yesterday at 3 in the morning a huge grizzly bear came up our driveway and our video camera got footage of him.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-22, 07:37 PM  
Jules

Hey Girls! I worked out today! I did Cathe's ICE Metabolic Total Body with 5 pound weights and added on the core work. My energy is still not back to normal, but I am improving. I plan to stick to easier workouts for a couple of weeks so I don't relapse again.

How about the Vikes vs Bills yesterday? Game of the Year!
Old 11-15-22, 11:48 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Jules: I LOVE Marlon. Big Ben is a fav as well as Reagan. And of course Dan and Rach.
OMG on the bear!! I LOVE grizzlies! Of course having one in my driveway may lead to heart failure. But what a sight!

Do you know what I did? In the 3rd quarter after the 2nd interception, I turned off the game! For dumb! At least I saw some highlights. Guess I'd better not count the Vikings out. Although they do need a better QB.

Waves to Malinda!

Yesterday: Cathe Live 299 PHA Barbel. A quite wonderful total body workout. I just used my dumbells. It goes a bit slower than other PHA workouts because Cathe often changes her barbell weights. That was ok. I used 15s and 20s for everything. Could go heavier on some of the lower body work. Really good stuff!

Today: Pulled out Michelle D's Peak 10 Fit Body Challenge Cardio Interval Burn. Whew...she never slows down! I don't know why but I had only done this one once since I bought the download. I did fumble a wee bit on some of the choreo but not too bad. I'm drenched.

Off to clean up. Have a great day all!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-22, 12:13 PM  
Malinda

Hi ladies!

Jules - Yay on working out yesterday! Smart idea to ease back into it for a week or two. And wow! on the grizzly bear! I heard coyotes howling the other night - spooky!

Kate - I’ve never done one of Michelle D’s workouts. She sounds really tough. As far as favorite 80DO backgrounders -- I actually really like all of them a lot, but yes, Donald absolutely cracks me up. He was HISSING in the Booty workout the other day and I, like Autumn, could not stop laughing - but my booty was crying!

DH’s plane was supposed to land last night at 8:55; I noticed on FlightAware that it was taking a longer route over land instead of straight across the Gulf of Mexico like it usually does, so it was going to land 20 minutes late. Then at the last minute, DH What’sApped me that they were being diverted to San Antonio (about 70 miles from Austin) because one of the engine de-icers wasn’t working, and it was warmer in San Antonio. So they landed there, got on a new plane, and headed to Austin. He ended up getting in after 11:00, but I was very happy that they elected to be safe. He got an email this morning from Southwest Airlines that they are giving him a voucher to apply to his next flight. I love Southwest!

Workouts:

Th - MBF Day 16 Cardio Core Circuit
Fri - 80DO Day 21 - Total Body Core
Sat - 80DO Day 22 - Booty
Sun - Burpee Girl Low Impact Steady-State Cardio with 105 burpees incorporated throughout the workout (I do burpees during the "walking breaks")
Mon - 80DO Day 23 - Cardio Core

I’m taking a rest day today. I didn’t get to sleep until almost 2:00 this morning and work is still beating me down.

Y’all have an awesome week!
Old 11-18-22, 09:32 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi gals! Wonderful that you're all still doing so great!! Hope you can get some rest and fun this weekend!

Workouts:
Yesterday I did Live 239 Lower Body Barre & Weights. I wanted to ease myself into more barre workouts. Ow. My legs, quads, butt are sore but it was doable. When you get to the weight work about halfway thru the workout, Cathe only uses 10lb dumbells. I did too. Still hurt. A little ball work on the floor (ow). Pretty excellent workout.

Today I just don't know yet. I had planned on Amy Bento's Slo Mo Strength but not sure yet. I don't want any further leg work today.

Have a great weekend all. Stay wonderful!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 11-22-22, 01:10 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi girls!
Checking in:
Yesterday I did Live 421 Lift it Split it Legs & Shoulders. Loved it!! I'm definitely going to do all 3 of the LiSi workouts in a rotation. LOVE these heavy lifting workouts!!

I just got the Dream Body Cardio set and did Bikini Bootcamp today.
Yes it was very fast and to be honest, I just had to slow down a little to maintain good form. Who knew a light band would burn so much?

But I liked it. I was working so hard I could care less if the instructor talked all the time. I think it could use a bit mellower warmup, but like I said, I modified sometimes.
Loved all the floor core work at the end. I was happy to lay down on the floor. ;-)

So not going to do these in any particular order. I think tomorrow I may do BataBarre.
I have been warned about the speed of these workouts so I'm just going to modify when I need to. Too much speed without good form is a recipe for disaster.

Take care all!
Will be a quiet Thanksgiving for me. All the kids/stepkids are doing their own thing this year and that's fine. I'll still make a nice meal for hubby and me, just smaller scale.
FYI: I make my pumpkin pie out of fresh pumpkin that I grew myself. I'll never go back to canned pumpkin!

Old 11-23-22, 09:41 PM  
fatkat555

Kate! Just jumping in from lurking to say I love your new avatar. My goodness, they were just babies not too long ago. Time is flying!

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-22, 08:45 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
Kate! Just jumping in from lurking to say I love your new avatar. My goodness, they were just babies not too long ago. Time is flying!
Brezlyn just turned 7 on Nov 10 and Maddex turned 3 on Sept 24. Still my babies but then again, my two grown sons are still my babies too.

GREAT to hear from you girl!

Old 11-27-22, 09:25 PM  
Jules

Hi Gals! I am still here - I've just been super busy as I am sure you have as well. I decorated the house for the holidays and we invited our bachelor friend and his puppy for Thanksgiving. I made Norwegian meatballs - my daughter's request. Vikings played great!

We went shopping on Black Friday in Missoula and didn't buy much, but the kids had fun at the mall. We seem to buy most of the Christmas gifts online these days. (Hubby has been working on this all day today.) Speech & Debate is ramping up for my daughter and my son still has a couple weeks left of basketball.

I am feeling a lot better and I did a harder workout today: BodyMax 2.

Mon: ICE Metabolic Total Body including Core #1
Tue: ICE Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox including the Blizzard Blast
Thur: ICE Boot Camp Circuit including the Blizzard Blast
Fri: ICE Low Impact Sweat including the Blast and Core #2
Mon: Low Impact Circuit
Wed: Travel Fit
Thur: Party Rockin' Step 2
Sat: Spin Bike 66 minutes
Today: BodyMax 2

Malinda: You should be hitting the home stretch at work now, right?

Kate: Dream Body is no joke. Good for you!
Old 12-02-22, 10:04 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

My goodness how time gets away from me!
Busy week.

So not feeling the love for Dream Body Cardio. I started MILF this week and pulled it out. The speed is just not my thing. I can go back to Shaun T's Insanity if I want tough cardio I guess.

Mon: Live 30 Kickboxing and Compound Weights. This was really fun!! First part is all kickboxing and then finishes with the weight work.

Tues: Live 200 plus 191 Low Impact Conditioning Express. This was great putting two together because they were formatted the same. Rounds of cardio then weight work.

Wed: Nothing..Justin had a Dr appointment.

Thurs: Live 23 Cardio Box & Stability Ball Abs. FUN!!! The boxing/kick drills were fantastic! I repeated the last 10 min of cardio to make it a full hour instead of 45 min. The ball cardio was excellent too!!

Will be doing Live #50 Muscle Max No Step shortly. Just checking in.

Be well, happy weekend!!