Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-01-23, 09:52 AM  
donnamp

Margaret Richard & Friends 2023

Hi!

Whether you workout w/ Margaret exclusively or just once in awhile - please join us!

Let's hope for a good 2023 together!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-23, 09:59 AM  
donnamp

Happy New Year!

I haven't really come up with a plan for January - but, today I started with:

Lucy Wyndham-Read (LWR) - January Challenge Day # 1 - this was a cardio/body weight routine - about 20 minutes. I like her challenge b/c she includes other things like eating a variety of foods, drinking water and being grateful into her tracker. And it is low key tracking - like just ticking off the # of glasses of water you drink and what color food you eat. I like low key tracking, if it is too complicated I don't want to do it. And, as usual, her challenge is free.

https://www.lwrfitness.com/latest-challenge/

I also did:

Caroline Sandry - 30 Days to Flat Abs Pilates Day # 1 -

Ballet Based Movement - Day # 1 - Bite Sized Exercise Program (these are 5-10 min exercise "snacks" done by a mother/daughter ballet team) - the first 3 of this series are being released on You Tube and then you have to buy the program. I believe is is $30 USD.

https://www.youtube.com/@BalletBasedMovement

Jessica Valent - Juicy Spine

The weather looks nice today so a dog walk is in the future.

Happy New Year!

Donna
Old 01-01-23, 11:07 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy New Year and best wishes for 2023!

Thanks so much for starting a fresh new check-in, Donna. Looks like you're off to a great start with three new challenges.

My last day of 2022 featured:

~ SarahBeth's 30 Minute Yin Yoga to Relax & Unwind
~ Most of PT routine
~ 4,881 steps

I wouldn't classify the yoga as true yin, but it was an enjoyable series of poses for hips and spine set to beautiful meditative music.

Happy New Year to Beth and Summer Breeze!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-23, 11:25 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Happy New Year!!

Yesterday:

27 minute outdoor walk

I didn't realize it was misting/drizzling until I was outside for my walk yesterday so I just decided to go for it. I did cut it short though. Today is nicer and will be in the 50s so I do plan to start the year off with a walk hopefully.

I had a quiet night. My DD had a couple of friends over and we ordered pizza and I bought champagne and that was about it.
LOL. They were watching Netflix and I read. My kind of night

DONNA, thanks for starting us off in the new year!! You're off to a great start with your workouts. After I did the KCM the other day I realized many of her workouts move way too fast. I'll have to explore more of those channels you favor.

PAT, good start to the new year for you too!

Waves to BETH.

Have a happy, healthy wonderful 2023 everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-23, 06:10 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Waves to Donna, Pat, and Summer breeze. We returned from Nashville yesterday evening; thankfully, the traffic was fine. Her heat is restored, and she now has backup heat as well. I feel she is better prepared for the next storm.

I will try to catch up on what you all have been doing!

So, my workout plans for the new year are Cathe Ice, MR total body workouts, and gasp, The Belly Dance Solution. I purchased this weeks ago and completely forgot about it. My plan is to pull that in for core and pelvic support.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-23, 09:06 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I haven't really decided on a particular rotation or plan for January - at least not yet - so I'm going with what looks good for me day to day.

Today, so far:

- A little Body Groove warm-up

- Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Strength Training Barre workout for beginners & Seniors. It was part of her January 1st week play list. I enjoyed this one. Again, these are labeled for "seniors" and "beginners' but I don't find them easy. The pace is slower - but that is not a bad thing.

Yesterday I got a dog walk in - it was in the 60's (crazy after last weekend's freeze)! I will probably get one in today as well.

Last day of the long holiday weekend...back to reality tomorrow. Although i worked last week, it was very quiet - but everyone will be back in full force tomorrow.

Beth - Belly Dance Solution sounds interesting - but it is probably one where i would want to have the door to my workout room closed. LOL! Glad you got your DD set up.

Summer Breeze - I'm the same way - give me a quiet evening at home any day.

Pat - Nice routine for the final day of 2022

Donna
Old 01-02-23, 09:39 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Happy NYD time 2 Yesterday featured:

~ YogiBethC's Make Space Meditation
~ Abbreviated PT sequence
~ Short walk and meditation at the beach
~ 3,603 steps

That was my first walk for pleasure since the injury. Not a lot of steps and I move slow but it was nice to be there and have my annual NYD meditation.

Summer Breeze, your NYE sounds nice. Enjoy your walk today.

Welcome back Beth, I'm glad your trip was uneventful and that your DD's heat is restored.

Donna that Senior Shape sounds good, I bookmarked it for later.

Have a wonderful day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-23, 10:27 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

46 minute outdoor walk

My walking route is branching out like it used to BBA (before broken ankle). The mild weather helped motivate me to go further too. I hope to get out there again today while the weather remains mild and before the rain which should be arriving the rest of the week I think.

BETH, glad the trip went smoothly and the heat is restored. Your plan for the year looks good.

DONNA, you always keep consistent with a nice variety of workouts so your day by day plan should work just fine for now.

PAT, good job. Slow and steady. Glad you were able to enjoy your meditation.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Old 01-03-23, 09:59 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was....

Lively Ladies - 30 Min Brisk Walk - this was 30 seconds of walking followed by 30 seconds of another body weight style exercise - done for two rounds. In the second round I added some light hand weights for intensity. I did enjoy this one - when I'm in the mood for it LL hits the spot.

Lively Ladies - Daily Stretches for Flexibility - I enjoy all of her stretching and mobility videos.

Yesterday I added on a dog walk and Day # 1 of Trifecta Pilates Align Calendar - which was a restorative/gentle practice.

Back to reality today....

Take care!

Donna
Old 01-03-23, 01:22 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good afternoon!!

Yesterday:

38 minute outdoor walk

Today is raining and I was up early for a nuclear stress test and echocardiogram. I didn't realize this testing took 3 hours. I personally think it was overkill but it's done now so hopefully the results are good.

Waves to all!

Have a great day!