Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-22, 02:00 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Catching up from last week, a deload week! To be honest I am going to give it one more week of deloading. The break is nice but also I think I bruised my ribcage (a mishap with an armchair rest ) and there's a lot of exercises you're supposed to avoid. I was doing fine until barre on Sunday, pretty much no pain except when I would lay down at night but it didn't really bother e. After the barre workout on Sunday (thanks to the ab work) it's really bothering me now

-Wednesday: Youtube fitness_kaykay stretching for 15 minutes
-Thursday: Fitprime 6 Day Trainer cardio/step and yoga
-Friday: Fitprime 6 Day Trainer kickboxing chapter then Ellen Yogini some chapters
-Saturday: Firm Ballroom Aerobics and I loved it!
-Sunday: Pure Barre Flex 30 workout 1, loved it except for the feeling in my ribcage I mentioned

Also I'm doing lot of Cleaning and Shopping Max to be ready for Thanksgiving

Eventmom Wow sorry to hear about your DH and a bone spur in his spine ouch!! And the terrible timing of everything. Like Buzzer said, at least you'll be retired soon but I also understand it's not over until it's over. And a bathroom remodel too! There is nothing worse than cleaning out bathroom cabinets when I move, I was always surprised about how MUCH stuff I have and how surprisingly much volume a bathroom drawer/cabinet can store. I am sorry that you are scrambling and frustrated.

I revisited the Fitprime 6 Day Trainer kickboxing and was surprised there were only two cardio from the crunch time workout, not like I remembered (it was actually only one cardio and the warm up which the compilation used as the cool down LOL). I still loved it though.

Buzzer There is an overwhelming amount of youtube content!! Caroline is my favorite but I follow probably 20 instructors. I need to get to some downloading too at least the Epic Heat series.

Wow congratulations on all of your discoveries in your thumb drives! I also found barre last Sunday to be super hard after doing months of heavy lifting. I think maybe because my muscle engagement is so good, I was fatiguing so fast? At least that's what I'm telling myself The P57 classics are very tough as are the HSM. Well I hope you have a wonderful trip!
Old 11-22-22, 02:36 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Sunday - TA mat our internet went out so I couldn't stream the youtube I wanted
Monday - 30 min essentrics stretch
Today - TA intermediate

so on top of DH not being able to drive, our internet has gone out and I'm using a hot spot for my work. I spent 10 hours just doing driving errands in the last 3 days that I wouldn't normally do. (The spine hospital is about an hour away). No wonder I'm so stressed out I can't sleep - I don't like city driving and I falling further and further behind on work deadlines. It will be a month before dh can get an MRI and have the surgeon recommend treatment.

ebianco - we opted not to replace cabinets, it's still super expensive. We are putting in tile (carpet on the floor right now ???? hate it why why why) and re tiling the shower. Our closets are in the bathroom so we have to empty them. And of course DH has been retired 16 months and has done nothing about getting rid of professional clothes, or just anything in his closet. Now I'll have to deal with it. sorry to whine it's just been one thing after another and I sleep so poorly I don't roll with this stuff very well. I love the 6 day trainer - they are having a sale and have looked at the other fitprime compilations but I'm not sure I'd use them.

hi buzzer hope your trip is going great!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-22, 02:56 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Catching up from last week, a second deload week partly because I need the mental break, partly because Thanksgiving kept me so busy, partly because I'm recovering from my ribcage. On the plus side, my ribcage is nearly feeling 100% again! Not yet but it's improving a lot.

-Wednesday: I had to take an unplanned rest day because the ribcage pain was really bad. It prompted me to do some internet research and I realized the heat I had been putting on it wasn't helping, needs to be ice instead. Once I started icing it I felt so much better!

-Thursday: Was so thrilled I felt better than I had Wednesday. Fitprime Killer Cardio compilation not the whole thing but a few sections plus stretch fr about 40 minutes.

-Friday: Firm Tough Cardio Mix and I did most of it plus stretch for about a 45 minute workout.

-Saturday: Fitprime Kickbutt Crunch Time (the newer Tamela version) and it was great! I used 12# throughout, lighter weights for me to gauge how my rib felt doing different exercises and even the core work, like rolling like a ball was okay! I didn't push it with crunches though, that killed my rib last Sunday with barre.

-Sunday: Firm Zip Trainer Cycle 1 Rev! All three workouts (cardio with Ali, strength with Stephanie, then AMP with Emily) plus their brief warm up/stretch came out to 51 minutes, then I added anther 12 minute stretch for an overall 63 minute workout. The "dance" cardio with Ali wasn't too dancey which was a plus for me, and easy to follow (I don't always find Ali easy to follow so another win for me) and not overly hard, but it was a slower burn because my heart rate continued to rise with Stephanie's strength (I used 8's and 12's), then I was truly huffing and puffing and sweating bullets for the AMP workout! It is just so darn fun how they utilize the Zip ball and the little yellow core ball, and I made it a little harder by adding the yellow core ball to the zipped up trainer to make it heavier. I was really feeling it.

So I'm thinking one more deload week until my rib is 100% (hopefully that will be the case), then I decided to do Caroline Iron series! I think I'll try to add my own cardio maybe on the weekends because this is 100% strength with no HIIT but I think it will be a good change of pace. Hopefully by that time Caroline will be back on youtube and may have a new series.

Eventmom I'm so sorry you're having such a difficult and frustrating time with everything. I really really don't like having to drive around too much so I definitely understand how 10 hours of driving errands would be incredibly trying on your nerves. I'm sorry you can't sleep to. I really hope things improve!

Buzzer I hope your trip is going great!
Old 11-27-22, 04:00 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Wed- TA vogue india youtube + DC 1.1
Thursday - TA vogue plus some cardio started one hated it, switched to another one
Friday - floor barre + 20 reps to the rhythm walk
Yesterday - TA vogue + dc 1.1
today - 30 min essentrics

we had DD and her BF for thanksgiving dinner today. DD helped with the cooking so with all of us pitching in we got it done. They also helped DH finish up getting his closet cleared out - everything off the lower rod and off the floor. DH found more to be donated and stuff to throw away. So they really helped us out. I'll have things to do in my closet but it's relief for dh's to be ready. I dropped off 4 bags at goodwill yesterday so I've got more but glad to have it ready to go.

At goodwill yesterday I picked up 4 in great condition leggings. I just got rid of some and need to get rid of more so I was happy to find them.

ebianco - sorry your rib cage still hurts glad it is getting there. You are still getting in solid workouts!

hi buzzer hope your trip is/was good!
Old 11-30-22, 08:15 AM  
Buzzer

Hilliard Studio Method Total Body.. DONE!

almost I guess. I skipped the plank section! The rest was good. I did it in my parent's living room, so I had to use a squishy pillow instead of a ball, and bands instead of weights. Still a good workout!

That's all I did. I started getting a sinus infection on Thanksgiving, and it progressively got worse and worse. I slept almost all day Friday. DH did too, but not because he was sick but because he just saw an opportunity to nap. LB got to have grandparent time because of it though! We went to the beach 3 times, LB and DH got kicked off the go-karts for "bumping into too many other people" (people wouldn't let them pass, and often bumped them to make sure they wouldn't!) LB cried. We decided she will see it as a badge of honor later on. We laughed.

My parents were awake when we woke up, so I couldn't work out They were very chatty. Even if they told the same stories 3 or 4 times. They went to bed when we did. And all in between, they spent with us and talked. I got no time to get away to workout. It was OK though since I got sick! I am still sick. it sucks.

I haven't caught up on what you guys are up to, so sorry I will have to do that next time. LB and I spent all day yesterday doing our crafts for the "Christmas Market" for CC yesterday, so I didn't get a chance to catch up. This morning I am up kinda late (for me) and I have a ton to do. We leave for Great Wolf on Sunday (planned before the Florida trip was) so I am in a limbo of "get food to eat" and "we won't eat it before we leave". I want to do a barre today though! Probably P57 or maybe Callanetics Something easy since I'm still sick!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-22, 01:25 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I started my last (hopefully) deload week with Fitprime Kickbutt Push Pull today, and it was great. I just used 12# throughout except for the really light weights (3#s) and back rows (25#). I got a good sweat but I'm not pushing it too hard at all. Just enjoying it without any pressure. I'm going to enjoy cycling through more Fitprime/Firms this week and I may attempt a barre again on Sunday before starting Caroline again next week. My rib didn't bother me at all during my workout today until the core work at the end, and even then it was just a little bit, not nearly as killer as before (but I still didn't push it - I just wanted to gauge). I am definitely near the end of the rib cage issue.

Eventmom Great job keeping up all your workouts while stressed, and hopefully it sounds like you may be less stressed now? I'm glad DD was able to help with cooking and getting the close cleared out! I know that is a load off and one less thing to worry about. Great leggings find at goodwill!

Buzzer Wow great job on your HSM total body workout, even without planks isn't hat workout well over an hour? I haven't done them in a while but I love them and need to get back to them!

I hope you get to feeling better from your sinus infection, and LB was able to get in time with your parents while you rested! That isn't fair about the go-karts but she should see it as a badge of honor when she reflects back. LOL

I hope you had a wonderful time with your parents and that you will have a great time at Great Wolf Lodge too!
Old 11-30-22, 03:35 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Monday - TA 2.4 day 1 + charlene prickett cardio
Tuesday - TA 2.4 day 2 + dc 1.3
today - TA 2.4 day 3 + christi taylor mission possible hi lo

so back to TA. I've gained weight and I hope TA can help me get it off. I've so much on 'older' post menopausal women needing to only do easy workouts but doing shorted workouts etc just has me not fitting into my pants. So back to TA. I went back 1 level from where I was when I got covid. I'll probably move on after 5 days. May skip the next level, they use a chair and it was just not doable for me.

buzzer - so sorry you got sick on your trip and still feel nasty! at least LB had her grandparents to hang with. I'd vote for callanetics but I also pull out short fit primes when I'm not 100%.

ebianco - glad you are almost over your ribcage issue. The leggings find is sort of a bust, I should have tried them on before I bought them but I was in a hurry. If they don't fit it's not much $...
Old 12-01-22, 12:33 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone, in my effort to revisit old workouts that I swear I should do more often (and then don't), I revisited Pink Firm Get Chisel'd today. I was surprised that the last time I did this was only just in 2020 (and time before that was like 2013 LOL). I didn't have much of a comment except I loved it. Upon revisiting today, I wouldn't say I "loved" it, but I did really enjoy it, the time went by fast. Like most Pink Firms, you just can't go that heavy on weights because they're ridiculous with combining upper and lower that doesn't make sense with a heater weight. But that's okay. I also thought the bursts at the end of each strength set were longer or more intense and they weren't really. But it's still a good workout. I remember when this DVD first came out and people commented that Rebekah was huffing and puffing and I didn't really notice it, but I noticed it a lot today. Apparently it was because she was pregnant? If this came out in 2008 and she was in the first stages of pregnancy, her kid would be 13 by now LOL.

FYI to you both, when I was previewing the Get Chisel'd workout (I was just looking for the trailer on youtube), I found this person who has posted a small handful of full length Pink Firms including Get Chisel'd, here: https://www.youtube.com/@peopleattheirworst8430. In case there are any you were wanting to try but never purchased. I really like the 500 Calorie workout, that is definitely one of my favorites, and I used to love Dangerous Curves Ahead at least the cardio sections, but that's one I haven't done in YEARS. I'm not sure I'd be up for all that high impact cardio now LOL.

I am not sure what I'm doing tomorrow but I want to do Firm Tortoise on Saturday and a Pure Barre on Sunday. I was able to to crunch work today with no pain! So I am hopeful a barre would be safe.

Next week start Iron! I was thinking of combining her Iron and Fuel series but I think I'll start with Iron and go from there. It is a shorter series at just 6 weeks so if I don't like it, or want to expand on it, I can do it again.

Eventmom sorry to hear about the leggings not fitting, and your weight gain. I gained about 3# in November, after doing so GREAT in October, feeling as lean as I had in years. This month was just one eating disaster after the next and the past few days with Thanksgiving and leftovers then a work holiday party left me the heaviest I've been in months. I recommitted to clean eating yesterday but I know it will take some time to get back on track after basically a bad month.

Buzzer waves!
Old 12-01-22, 12:42 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

today - ttapp cardio (see below) then floor barre. So they zoomed some floor barre workouts and gave us links supposedly until 12/16 but they were gone today - I had meant to save the workouts and also take notes on the teachers to see if the ones I particularly like taught zoom classes. sigh. I'm just so behind on everything. I pulled out my one floor barre dvd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCh8..._C47V&index=13

ebianco - congrats on feeling better and getting back to more normal workouts. I can't really blame my weight gain on holidays - I gained weight when we traveled from eating out so much and just can't get it off. I've got a narrow window of calories where I will lose weight v. wake up at 3am needing food. If I had the energy to track calories that would help. Maybe when our bathroom remodel/repair gets done I'll get to it.

hi buzzer hope you're feeling even a little bit better!
Old 12-02-22, 12:36 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Friday,

Today I focused more on cardio with Pink Firm Transform Your Body with Allie Del Rio, which uses the fanny lifter which is now pink/purple and they are calling something else LOL. It is a lot of step aerobics with some 4-limb and tall step climbs. My notes from last time in May 2021 were that it was hard but fun, and I agree with that! She moves pretty fast but I am able to keep up with her patterns (sometimes just barely ) and it is really fun. My knees, and even my ankles and my feet are ready to not do any more Pink Firms for a long time though

I mapped out my routine starting next week, Carline's Iron series. I decided I'm going to take her word for it and do the shoulder workouts too (there are two only shoulder workouts in the six week rotation) instead of subbing for other workouts. We'll see how that goes haha. I am really hoping by the time that's done (about second week of January) that she will be back on YouTube, I miss her so much!

Eventmom Ugh that is a tough balance to try to eat enough to not wake up but also to lose weight. My worst problem is making a small mistake, getting frustrated, and using that as an excuse to stuff myself. I am trying to focus on all the little areas where I can tighten up and be disciplined again without feeling claustrophobic with rules. I hope your remodel is going well!

Buzzer Waves, and I hope your'e feeling better!

Tags
fitprime just right