Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-02-22, 10:40 AM  
Vantreesta

Total Max Mixers December 2022 check in

I didn't see a December thread so I started one.

Yesterday I did an episode of Happy Yoga with Sarah Starr. Also did another load of laundry and cleaned bathrooms. I swear there was more housework but now I can't remember what!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 11:31 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a walk with DH + 30 minutes on the elliptical + 25 minutes of yoga.

Vannie - Thanks for getting us started this month. Have you gotten started decorating for Christmas yet?

Poor DH now has caught my cold so we're two fairly unhappy people coughing and sneezing!

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 11:50 AM  
Vantreesta

JB, I'm starting the decorating today! I don't have nearly as much as for Halloween so my goal is to be completely done by the end of the wknd. I really need to get back to routine!

Hope you and your DH feel better soon!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 12-02-22, 07:06 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Thanks for starting us off Vannie.

I thought I had posted Wednesday but I did not. I went to Burn for arms yesterday which is bis, tris, and shoulders. Then I went back tonight for legs. This was tough. Glad it’s done. Tomorrow I think I will run on the mill.

Vannie it’s good that you don’t have to expend as much energy decorating for Christmas as for Halloween. You’d be totally exhausted! Glad you can focus more on your routine.

Gosh Jbliff sorry your DH got sick too. Hope you both feel better soon.

Covid is really picking up steam here. I’m hearing stories of whole families who got sick when together over Thanksgiving with Covid or similar viruses. Hopefully there will not be a true wave.

Waves to Gibbee and Cher.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-22, 08:30 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was about 68 minutes of cardio from 2 different workouts (body combat mixed with body attack + cardio boxing).

Vannie - I need to put up my tree too. I'm hoping to get this done by next weekend. It's good you don't have so much stuff to put up for Christmas; otherwise you'd have to get started before Thanksgiving!

Karjoy - The friends we just went to visit last month have now come down with colds. It really is spreading everywhere. We've been invited to a party next week and I'm a little worried about catching something else there too.

Hi to Cher and Gibbee. Have a great day, everyone.
Old 12-04-22, 09:09 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I ran 30 minutes on the mill last night. It’s not too bad when you have something good to watch on Amazon Prime. I think I will rest today. Burn posts their workouts on Sunday morning and they have some good ones this week so I be will be going there a few times.

It’s unseasonably warm here, even for us. It’s getting up into the low 80s. Should be like that all week. Ugh. Most unChristmas like. I think they are saying it will cool down next week.

Jbliff you got a great workout with all that boxing/kickboxing/attack combo. Bet it was fun too.

Vannie do you get new stuff for Halloween every year or do you keep some year to year? I suppose you have some that are treasures.

Our wonderful state of Florida now posts Covid stats every 2 weeks. They posted on Friday, Dec 2nd, and cases have gone up 50% here in our county in the last 2 weeks. Ouch.

Have a nice Sunday all.
Old 12-05-22, 09:50 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was about 20 minutes of yoga + 20 minutes of strength training (1 set of each exercise) and some ab work.

Karjoy - Ouch on the increase of Covid cases. Our friends in Houston just told us her dad got Covid and he's in a nursing home. More than half the patients and staff now have it. I also hope it's not the beginning of a new wave.

DH and I are feeling better but still have some coughing and congestion.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 12-05-22, 09:56 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Went to Burn for Body Weight Conditioning which is cardio but with minimal equipment. It was fun and maybe not as hard as some of their cardio workouts. I liked that it had abs too.

Night all.

Vannie are you getting snow?
Old 12-05-22, 11:37 PM  
Vantreesta

Friday I did another episode of Happy Yoga and put up some lights outside. Saturday I got my trees up and decorated and yesterday I put up my village. Today I put out my mom's inflatable Olaf. Part of me wants to put up more and part of me says I'm done so I guess we'll see! I was so excited that I did yoga two days in a row and then Saturday I forgot to do it. I ran errands that day and when I was leaving the first store I fell in the parking lot and landed hard on my knee. It wasn't ice, just snow that had been driven on and had melted a little the day before, and I was wearing UGGs from my cousin instead of my actual snow boots. Anyway, I knew there was no damage but it was still really sore and by the time I sat down around 9:30 PM to watch a movie it was worse. Today it's almost back to normal, thank goodness!

Karen, we got a dusting of snow this evening but that's all. I rarely get rid of things so I just keep adding to my Halloween decorations! But I did decide to let go of some things that are cutesy instead of spooky/creepy like I like. It was a hard decision since they came from my mom but I know she would want me to only keep what suits me. I will be going through my Christmas stuff before I pack it all up next month too.

Old 12-07-22, 07:58 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Resting tonight. Went to Burn for upper body last night. Wanted to go for cardio tonight but was just too tired. I think Cathe has available for purchase with the new series these locking anchor points that you can temporarily stick to a door or wall. Then you attach tubing in various ways to the anchor point and have lots of other exercises you can do. Burn has some temporary and some permanent anchor points. Last night we did something called Bear Hugs. The tubing is anchored overhead. You stand up and and pull the tubing toward you from your shoulders toward your midline, forming a bear hug. Really felt it working shoulders and and too.

Vannie glad the blow to your knee was relatively minor and you are doing g better and that you got some Christmas decorations done. I’m glad you have some things your Mom liked for Christmas.

Waves to all, kg