Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-22, 10:04 AM  
Vantreesta

December 2022 Add 'em up Goals & Habits Challenge~All welcome!

Come join us in setting and achieving goals to promote your overall wellness! We are a friendly and welcoming group who love to chat when we have time, but please also feel free to join us if you want to just focus on your goals. No pressure here to address everyone; share as little or as much as you want!

We have been doing this challenge for many years now. While it is not strictly about fitness goals, we agree that our daily habits work together with our fitness goals to make us happier and more balanced, so we combine them in this challenge. Feel free to join us! You can tailor it to your schedule if you need to take a week off for vacation or only count so many days. Whatever works for you!

Premise: Choose your goals for the month. Every time you complete a goal you get a point. Multiply your number of daily goals by the number of days in the month. This is your max total points. If you choose, reward yourself for reaching a certain percentage of your max possible (I use 90% for my personal goal), multiply by your max to get your total goal points. I also give myself extra credit options.

**Take this challenge however you wish. I used to total my points all the time but have fallen away from that and now just track my goals. There really are no rules, your challenge is your own, we're just here for support and to help each other with accountability. We would love to have you join us!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-22, 10:05 AM  
Vantreesta

Vannie's December Goals

I'm still working on establishing a reasonable and sustainable routine. I am so tired of feeling like I never get done the things I need to do or have guilt-free time to do the things I want. I have tons of time and am the decider of how I spend that time. I very much want to stop wasting it doing things that aren't even important to me like mindless internet time. I feel like I just wander through each day like time will never end. Time is a gift we are given and I need to be a better steward of it.

1. Get up no later than 7:30 AM on weekdays (EC for every 15 minutes before 7:30)
2. Spend at least 15 min/day, 6 days/week decluttering/tidying smthg
3. Start lunch no later than 1:30 PM
4. Take all supplements daily
5. Drink at least 80 ounces of hydration
6. No seconds at supper 5x/week
7. No eating after 10 PM
8. PT strength exercises 2x/week
9. Meet weekly minutes goals (10 pts--EC for every half hour beyond goal)
10. No Sudoku after last walk
11. No computer before lunch adjusting this on 12/7 to be no computer before 1st walk and limit of 30 minutes before lunch

Extra credit:
1. 7 hours of sleep (10 pts)
2. 20000 steps
3. Legs up the wall or waterfall
4. 4 miles a day with Cyric

Max possible points: 300 (9.7 avg pts/day)
Points goal (90%): 270 (8.7 avg pts/day)
Reward: personal satisfaction!

Dec 1-4 pts (out of avg 38) ~ %
Dec 5-11 pts (out of avg 68) ~ %
Dec 12-18 pts (out of avg 68) ~ %
Dec 19-25 pts (out of avg 68) ~ %
Dec 26-31 pts (out of avg 58) ~ %

total for the month: /300 ~ %

Mondays--laundry (if necessary), sweep/vacuum/clean floors, catch up on "me" stuff that slides on the weekends
Tuesdays--clean kitchen, pull weeds (Monday and Tuesday may flip flop if hubby is home on his comp days)
Wednesdays--clean bathrooms
Thursdays--tidying/decluttering/purging, sweep/vacuum
Fridays--clean other rooms (rotating each week)
Saturdays--dust all rooms, clean/tidy basement
Sundays--do workouts schedule/post for the week

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 11-21-22, 05:32 PM  
MathTeacher

December goals
Drink water
exercise

1 - Ellen's Serene Strength not enough water
3 - Ellen's Standing Stretch

I really wanted to do this but my health just will not allow it. I'll try again in a few weeks.
Old 11-22-22, 09:50 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Katie's December Goals:

Daily for 1 pt each.
1. supplements/vitamins
2. Daily Devotion
3. Declutter
4. dvd, youtube or walk
5. Keep up with Daily Exercise Chart
6. Gratitude Journal
7. water: 6 glasses
8. Intermittent Fasting (8:30-6:30)
9. computer time 20 min, on/minimum 5 min. break

Possible Points: 279 pts 251 pts

extra credit 1 pt each:
1. extra walk, dvd, or youtube
2. massage
3. greenhouse

211 points

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 08:45 AM  
Vantreesta

Got my goals and spreadsheet finished last night, need to print it today.

December 1st, let my Christmas decorating begin! Well, might be tmrw bc yesterday I was decluttering instead of cleaning.

Old 12-02-22, 09:18 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I’ve come down with a cold, so won’t be exercising this week. It’s been pretty mild so I went to work, but it’s worse this evening.

I decorated the day after Thanksgiving, which I usually do. We have a medium size tree and I add a few decorations around the house. We don’t do outside lights, dh isn’t interested. Maybe I’ll try some in the window!
Sorry about the cold, Sherry. Hope it doesn't last too long! Yay on getting your decorations done! We have never put lights on the roofline (not asking hubby to do that and I would never try it given my being prone to dizziness --I'm willing to get on a ladder but not for that long) but I do usually put lights in the bushes, around the tree trunks and on the porch. I love seeing everyone's lights when we walk at night. I tried putting lights around the windows a few years with the suction cup light holders, but they don't stick the best when it gets cold. But they're pretty while they're up!

Yesterday I did an episode of Happy Yoga with Sarah Starr. Also did another load of laundry and cleaned bathrooms. I swear there was more housework but now I can't remember what!

I didn't realize how HARD it would be to not get on the computer in the morning! I've had to catch myself several times. I did make an exception this morning bc I needed to check some financial stuff so I'll allow it as long as I stay off now till lunch.

Old 12-02-22, 09:55 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Sherry, I hope your cold is short lived. Awesome that you got your decorations done. We don't see Christmas lights because we are so far out of town. I do miss that.

Vannie, that would be a really hard goal for me to not get on the computer in the morning or evening. We keep track of so many things that way but I really could spend less time on it in between. Your snow sounds really pretty. We are pretty cold but a lot of our snow is gone except patches of ice.

MT, I do have a water goal but it should be higher. We'll see how I do this month. Maybe I'll make it higher in January.

I added a new goal of intermittent fasting. I can eat whatever during an 8 hr period but I can't eat otherwise. I'm trying to get out of snacking as much as I do. So far it's been helpful and not as hard as I thought it would be.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-22, 11:56 PM  
Vantreesta

Friday I did another episode of Happy Yoga and put up some lights outside. Saturday I got my trees up and decorated and yesterday I put up my village. Today I put out my mom's inflatable Olaf. Part of me wants to put up more and part of me says I'm done so I guess we'll see! I was so excited that I did yoga two days in a row and then Saturday I forgot to do it. I ran errands that day and when I was leaving the first store I fell in the parking lot and landed hard on my knee. It wasn't ice, just snow that had been driven on and had melted a little the day before, and I was wearing UGGs from my cousin instead of my actual snow boots. Anyway, I knew there was no damage but it was still really sore and by the time I sat down around 9:30 PM to watch a movie it was worse. Today it's almost back to normal, thank goodness!

Old 12-09-22, 12:34 AM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday was supposed to be Christmas lunch with friends but one is sick so we'll be rescheduling. I was supposed to take dessert. I settled on coconut bonbons but they turned out too dry so I made chocolate walnut fudge instead. Luckily fudge freezes great! Anyway since I had an unexpected day yesterday I spent it putting up more decorations and going through all of it trying to find things I could bear to part with. Didn't find as much as I'd hoped but some things did get added to the donation pile. Today I spent a few hours cleaning the kitchen and yet somehow it's still not done! I'm frustrated that I didn't workout either day, just the usual dog walks.

Old 12-09-22, 11:13 AM  
Leonana

Thanks everyone. I do feel better now. I called in sick on Monday, but have worked the rest of the week. Still congested, but feel okay. Dh got the cold, but he's much sicker. Has a cough and a fever. It seems to be different symptoms for him. He's feeling better today though, thankfully.

I have most of my presents wrapped, which are mostly for dd. I need to get a few more and wrap a few more. I'd like to put lights around the window, but I can't get the suction cups to work either. I guess I'll use thumbtacks or nails.