Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-04-22, 08:02 PM  
prettyinpink

You can buy a sturdy pull-up bar that fits across a door frame for about 20 dollars.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-22, 09:49 PM  
bjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
You can buy a sturdy pull-up bar that fits across a door frame for about 20 dollars.
And then you can buy some heavy duty elastic bands to do assisted pullups.
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-22, 10:09 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones View Post
And then you can buy some heavy duty elastic bands to do assisted pullups.
Exactly. Also inexpensive. The ones I bought on Amazon had a chart that shows which ones to get based on body weight and starting strength, which was spot on for me.

Not that Cathe products aren’t nice. I’ve had a couple of things she put out and was happy with them. I’m guessing by fabric loops she means the boss bands that she already sells, and a lot of people already have.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-22, 03:59 AM  
Elsie

Thanks again ChelePA for posting the Fbook details etc here for us!
The more I hear, the more I like the sounds of this! Right up my alley!
From my own lifting experience, a good hypertrophy full body session is not going to go under 65 minutes unless it isn't entirely complete, so hoping Cathe keeps it hypertrophy (ie adequate set breaks etc) but can break it up in body parts for those seeking the shorter routines.
I absolutely love focussing on hypertrophy & I do gain strength from those programs as well. I'm sure Cathe will really balance it all out with an approachable series!!
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-22, 07:38 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I hope shipping will be reasonable for internationals, last few pre-sales I didn't order, since shipping for one DVD was around $30 CAD, no way I am going to pay that much when Decluterr can ship a DVD for $4 CAD and thriftbooks for $6 CAD.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-22, 01:50 PM  
ChelePA

Are modifications shown in STS Muscle & Recovery?

The short answer is yes! As an example, in this picture, Jenn D. and Al have their resistance bands attached to a wall anchor while Jenn A. is using her foot to secure her band. Kristin is using dumbbells.

We've added wall anchors to our new set so that we can use our resistance bands more often and in different ways to more effectively work various muscle groups - especially your posterior muscles.

Options will also be shown throughout the STS program for both dumbells and barbells as we realize many of you don't have both types of weight equipment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7A86B8D7-E3BD-4290-A6E4-202FC219EF49.jpeg
Views:	200
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	4827  
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-22, 08:25 PM  
bjones

Loving her new set and also the view "outside"-looks like Hawaii!
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-22, 09:41 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Not sure if this answer was posted here yet, but Cathe said they haven't decided yet if DVDs will be offered individually or as just a full set.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-22, 07:26 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Are modifications shown in STS Muscle & Recovery?

The short answer is yes! As an example, in this picture, Jenn D. and Al have their resistance bands attached to a wall anchor while Jenn A. is using her foot to secure her band. Kristin is using dumbbells.

We've added wall anchors to our new set so that we can use our resistance bands more often and in different ways to more effectively work various muscle groups - especially your posterior muscles.

Options will also be shown throughout the STS program for both dumbells and barbells as we realize many of you don't have both types of weight equipment.
I see Cathe walking around demonstrating.....she doesn't do that often. I also love the new set!!

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-22, 12:44 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Not sure if this answer was posted here yet, but Cathe said they haven't decided yet if DVDs will be offered individually or as just a full set.
I hope both as usual. Personally, I'd prefer a whole set in one case.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
announcement/announcement, cathe, cathe presale, cathe sts 2.0, danielpt, pre-sale, sts 2.0, sts 2.0 reviews, troy lite bar