Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-14, 07:15 PM  
nevertoolate

Does anyone have any feedback on this set? Not the problems with Rodale, please, but rather the content of the set. I have ordered from Rodale several times in the past and haven't had any problems with their customer service. I like Sadie and have her Barre3 set sold on QVC. I wondered if this offered anything different.

Thanks.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-14, 07:46 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Ann,

I have it, and I love Sadie. I don't really think it offers anything different from her QVC set. I really like the 30 minute workout (Total Body Blast DVD), but the main workout on the main set didn't thrill me, not sure why. For the amount of content that is included it seems a bit on the pricey side.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-14, 06:44 AM  
rose2boys

I agree...waaay overpriced! For $15-20 less, they'd be good workouts.
Old 03-31-14, 04:09 PM  
moonbeam31

I did Total Body Blast last evening-the 30 min one and loved it and the bonus 10 min abs workout. I am now KEEPing and paying for this set. I like it a lot...It is pricey though, should be $45 tops, not $70 for all the DVDs. I want the book too- but I never truly end up using the books enough ...
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-14, 09:27 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tracy,

Total Body Blast is my go to workout these days when I only have 30 minutes. I did it last night with the 10 minute boost add-on, and enjoyed every bit of it. I've grown to like the 40 minute main workout as well. I just wish there 2 or 3 additional full length workouts in the set.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-14, 02:12 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i will probably not order this prevention set at this price.

refresh my memory though..... historically, how has Rodale lowered the prices on such sets?

i can't recall if that was ever their progression, if you know what i mean. i've seen the Chris Freytag DVDs offered retail and on their site, right out of the gate.

and even when their DVDs were sold retail, it was limited, like their own site, collage, and possibly walmart. i know Mary only carried a few Prevention workouts by Chris too.

lately, these sets appear to be exclusively from the rodale store or a special website set up for just the initial offer. and the Drop 2 Sizes with Rachel has never gone cheaper yet, nor has it been offered on any other site, including Amazon.

the conclusion i'm reaching is that it may be a long time before we see any of these sets offered elsewhere or cheaper than what they're going for now, unless you find them on ebay.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-14, 04:47 AM  
DeepSeaSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post

lately, these sets appear to be exclusively from the rodale store or a special website set up for just the initial offer. and the Drop 2 Sizes with Rachel has never gone cheaper yet, nor has it been offered on any other site, including Amazon.

the conclusion i'm reaching is that it may be a long time before we see any of these sets offered elsewhere or cheaper than what they're going for now, unless you find them on ebay.

IIRC, the price for D2S dropped pretty quickly. I believe the original price was $90+ but I ended up getting it (from Rodale) for around $25 only a few months after it was released. I have my fingers crossed that Sadie's set drops in price just as quickly
DeepSeaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-14, 05:25 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I like Sadie but IMO all her workouts target your lower body, so if you have her other DVDs (or her streaming subscription) I don't think this set is going to offer anything substantially different enough to warrant the outrageous price tag. I will say the set is bright and appealing but I don't think your "results" are going to be better with these versus her other workouts.

That said, if/when this comes down in price (and preferably sold elsewhere) I'd get it.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-14, 06:27 AM  
rose2boys

When I emailed Sadie (via her CS), I was told that they would only be available thru Rodale or B3 studios...I think if you look on the website store, it directs you to Rodale. (I did give them my $.02 that I thought they were waaay overpriced & my displeasure w/Rodale.)

I do like the look/feel of the set & the workouts are a bit different (not much tho), but I cannot justify the price/content. I will probably send back --- even tho I technically didn't really "order"! Love Sadie, hate Rodale....grrrr! Hope she never works with them again. Maybe if enough people complain to her CS about them, she will rethink the next time...

Not sure who sets the price point...is it Sadie (the "owner/creator") or Rodale (distributor)???
Old 04-02-14, 02:17 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSeaSue View Post
IIRC, the price for D2S dropped pretty quickly. I believe the original price was $90+ but I ended up getting it (from Rodale) for around $25 only a few months after it was released. I have my fingers crossed that Sadie's set drops in price just as quickly
that's right, regarding D2S! how could i have forgotten?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre3, love your lower body, prevention magazine, rodale unwanted package, sadie lincoln