Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-21, 07:06 AM  
Helen

SherBear
You're SO right about always wearing stretchy clothing - the creeping poundage is more obvious with a pair jeans being harder to pull up.

That's quite a ride of a story. That you pulled yourself out of the depressive slump is really impressive. You'll get those last 10 ! there is determination in your tone.

Sunday for me
Tracie Long - TLT - Better Burn Better Buns
very dusty
Remember when Functional Fitness was the new thing?! And the TLT workouts were raging all over VF? And then the TLPs after them? (I think they were in that order) - the storm 'Tammy' in the REAL windows behind them.
Little too much of The Firm / Stepford feel for me, and quirky movements that felt like they didn't do much at all. I'll probably feel my glutes tomorrow from so many 1-legged squats in it, but other than that - meh.
Used a 3kg (6.6lb) squishy ball for all of it.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-21, 09:44 AM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
SherBear
You're SO right about always wearing stretchy clothing - the creeping poundage is more obvious with a pair jeans being harder to pull up.

That's quite a ride of a story. That you pulled yourself out of the depressive slump is really impressive. You'll get those last 10 ! there is determination in your tone.

Sunday for me
Tracie Long - TLT - Better Burn Better Buns
very dusty
Remember when Functional Fitness was the new thing?! And the TLT workouts were raging all over VF? And then the TLPs after them? (I think they were in that order) - the storm 'Tammy' in the REAL windows behind them.
Little too much of The Firm / Stepford feel for me, and quirky movements that felt like they didn't do much at all. I'll probably feel my glutes tomorrow from so many 1-legged squats in it, but other than that - meh.
Used a 3kg (6.6lb) squishy ball for all of it.

Every once in awhile, I get on a functional fitness kick. I reach for my Core Secrets - I never really got into the TLT's
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-21, 10:50 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Day 13

Kassandra Reinhardt Bedtime Yoga (YouTube.) This is my first time with Kassandra and she was great! Very relaxing yoga and she holds the poses for a good length of time. I had a very busy day yesterday and was glad I tried her!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-21, 03:29 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
Day 13 virgin

I have been watching Justina Ercole's youtube videos for a little while now. Her improve your pushup one is how I am now able to do full pushups.
I tried on of her workouts this morning - 10 minute core workout.

This was tough. It mixed standing, planks, dead bugs, etc for a very thorough workout.

At the end, Justina says you can do this one or two more times. Lol, no.

Keeper.
She has some good tips & form pointers. I've been having shoulder issues, so am going to try angling my arms slightly back instead of straight out.
Old 07-25-21, 04:25 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
SherBear sorry you caught Covid, but glad you found workouts you can do that make you happy to workout. I am missing two from that series, and I may try to get them back.

Day 13 - Do More Pilates Mat with Niece Pecenka and Bea Wood. Holy glutes bat man! This hits me in the glutes and side (hips? side glutes? not sure but the burn is real). Good for abs too. I only did the first three segments - Full Body Flow, Slow Ab Burn, and Lower Body Blast. I'm sure I am not doing it absolutely correctly, because pilates will always elude me. So much to remember! But I felt a burn, so maybe I accidentally got it right in some parts.
Day 13

Do More Pilates Standing with Niece Pecenka and Bea Wood

Fe Fit Stretch Flow 3 with Hilary Chung

I was thinking of you when I chose Do More Pilates Standing with Niece Pecenka and Bea Wood. Ironically, I ordered the Mat DVD earlier in the day from Mary before reading your post. We must be psychic twins 😊

I've done this workout once before and felt it wasn't challenging enough in the upper body or in the core work. I'm glad I read your post and decided to give this one another chance.

While this one won't build upper body strength, it will help a lot to develop your balance. Segment 2 is more challenging than segment 1. I had a difficult time with the straight out & parallel from the hip standing leg circles. I know my posture wasn't great, nor was I nearly as graceful as Niece. I will start doing this more often. It's great for those days when you want to be revitalized.

I followed the standing pilates workout with a Fe Fit stretch that I've not done before today. It is also a good balance workout. I enjoyed this one and will definitely do it again. I had a difficult time determining who the instructor was. Her name isn't on the package. I did a Fe Fit tag search and am guessing I have her name correct.
Old 07-25-21, 04:28 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Kassandra Reinhardt Bedtime Yoga (YouTube.) This is my first time with Kassandra and she was great! Very relaxing yoga and she holds the poses for a good length of time. I had a very busy day yesterday and was glad I tried her!
She has some nice yin yoga too
Old 07-25-21, 05:37 PM  
jetlitis

DAY 14 (July 25, 2021) YT (vintage)

1994's Your Personal Best with Elle MacPherson (Karen Voight)

Not a virgin or dustbunny, but a vintage workout I haven't done in 20(?) years. It still holds up (IMO). I remember loving the 3rd cardio section with the athletic/sports moves -- the rest I vaguely remember. The outdoor scenery is gorgeous, the music is wonderful (especially loved Fields of Gold during the stretch portion). The only routine I wasn't so enthused with was the lower body floorwork. Other than that, I think I could do this workout for the remainder of my life! (And KV's physique is to die for!)
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-21, 07:01 PM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
I discovered her recently and she has my new favorite core workout.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-21, 08:01 PM  
bubbles76

Vannie, believe it or not, I haven't tried any of Bob Harper's workouts. I had Cardio Rev Conditioning in my possession twice, but traded them both times for something I really, really wanted without trying them. I may have to get Cardio Rev Conditioning again. Although, I hope he's not bossy like Jillian. I can only have one Jillian personality in my collection

Karla, did Do More Pilates Standing have any lunging or squat type moves? I may have to try that one next week.

Day 13 - Xtreme Hip Hop with Phil Volume 2. Virgin workout, virgin instructor. I only did the first workout, which was 30 minutes. Oddly enough, the first 12 or so minutes did not have music. I think the purpose was to go over the moves without music, in slightly slower time. The rest had music. For me, it was easy to follow and the moves were simple, but fast. Sometimes, it was hard to hear the moves.

Also, I may have gotten a bad copy off ebay, because I cannot use the menu. It's there, but I can't click around to get to the workout I want to. That's why this one was on the maybe pile. I couldn't see myself reaching for this if I have to fiddle around with the fast forward buttons.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-21, 10:34 PM  
Helen

Compared to Jillian, Bob is calm, bland, passive, boring, .....
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dustbunnies, new instructors, rotation ideas, virgins