Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

View Poll Results: How many VF check-ins do you belong to?
None 39 50.00%
1 26 33.33%
2 9 11.54%
3+ 4 5.13%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-21, 09:10 AM  
Leonana

I’m in two, Jessica Smith and Friends and Add ‘Em Goals and Fitness Challenge. I used to be in a homeschool mom check in but we disbanded a few years ago. I think it was because our kids were getting older and we wanted to move on.

I started posting on the old Collage forum. I followed Vannie to the Add ‘Em Up. Although I don’t list my goals and add points, I just join in the conversation. I joined the Jessica group when it started because I do mostly her workouts. However, most of the workouts posted in the Jessica check in are not Jessica workouts.

I think any group is easy to join, even if you do different workouts. Most groups are small and welcome new members. You don’t have to post every day, or refer to everyone’s post. Some people just post workouts, some chat too. Some post every day, some don’t. Check ins seem very easy going and welcoming to me.

I’m an introvert, but I find it easier to join in online. Real life is the big struggle!
Old 06-30-21, 09:14 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
Zero. It feels like interrupting a conversation to join an established check in.
Awww. Most check-ins love new members or even visiting members who have something to say or ask.

I'm in Friends in Fitness & Margaret Richard & Friends (I guess I'm friendly?). Both are small but very welcoming and we do many different types of exercise and instructors. All are welcome
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-21, 09:29 AM  
MathTeacher

I have been in the Add 'Em Up Challenge since Vannie started it at least 10 years ago.

I re-joined Just the Workouts. I need to see the daily list to keep me motivated.
Old 06-30-21, 09:51 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by cailleach View Post
None for the moment.
I can't decide which one to join!
I've taken peeks and lurked and still haven't decided.
It is hard to decide...so many great ones!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
Zero. It feels like interrupting a conversation to join an established check in.
I remember this feeling. Once you post to introduce yourself and stick your toes in, you'll find the water is warm

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Awww. Most check-ins love new members or even visiting members who have something to say or ask.
Definitely, this^^^
And you can chat as little or as much as you want.
You can choose to post to the group as a whole or post individual comments. I change based on time or whether I have anything to add.

I think it's important to remember why you joined a check-in too. If I didn't post there I'd neglect my pilates practice even though I love it. I wanted to challenge my strength and the Watulan thread definitely help me get outside my comfort zone. It also helps that both check-ins are also full of lovely people.
The vintage and tear off the shrink wrap check-ins both help me use workouts or remember ones I love.

I will also say that the conversation in every check-in I'm involved with always leads to learning new things about workouts (modifications, premixes, ways to combine, moves to avoid, etc.)
Honestly, who in real life will do that with you?!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-21, 10:06 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I sometimes participate in the Decluttering Support & Motivation check-in but it's very sporadic.

I once popped into the Crone Cronies check-in and they were super friendly and welcoming but I just have too many other online forum commitments right now--a couple other web forums, not VF
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-21, 10:22 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I my check in buddies!
Me three!!!! (Oh, and I'm in one check-in, BTW!)

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-21, 11:14 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Even though I belong to a check-in, I often don't have the time to respond to everyone personally. Of course, I do feel guilty about that but think that most would understand, so most days of the week I'm logging my workouts and having a check-in to report to keeps me accountable and consistent. Everyone comes from a different situation or place, with people working (some not) and we're all busy.

I have felt intimidated to join a larger or more established check-in, also. Sometimes I've wanted to join a group and discover that there's already another "Pam", so I stay clear. No offense to anyone else, but it's totally on me.

And, there might be times when I've been away from exercise (but return to a check-in) and there's never any hard feelings from anyone. People at VF are really great, and sometimes it can be a favorite part of my day!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-21, 11:32 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
one of the greatest things about the check-ins is seeing MANY old-timers who currently post.
I've been perusing some of the check-ins today. I see names that I haven't seen in ages. Folks who rarely post on the GD. Interesting!

Some check-ins have very few members, but are quite active. Some of the large ones look a bit overwhelming.

I feel like Goldilocks looking for not too big, not too small.

Being weird, it is hard to find the right one.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-21, 11:51 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I've been perusing some of the check-ins today. I see names that I haven't seen in ages. Folks who rarely post on the GD. Interesting!

Some check-ins have very few members, but are quite active. Some of the large ones look a bit overwhelming.

Oh my goodness, don't you know Weird is my middle name???!!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-21, 12:18 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

Oh, you've got Watulan written all over you!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check-ins, poll