Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-17, 10:42 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
For me it's fitness gadgets, downloads, & classes.
i still buy fitness DVDs even though i save links to free workouts. like Pam, i like looking at fitness gadgets too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I spend too much on books and music. I am attempting to mainly get new books from my library. I am trying to curb spending on curly hair products in my never ending quest for the perfect product.

I have gotten back into buying makeup. I use all drugstore brands. I hardly spend on clothing or shoes or purses and perfume though.
cookie cookbooks is another obsession i have. i just did some organizing and noticed the magnitude. ay-yi-yi.

i am also into music - i have a lot of music on my laptop.

i also have a LOT of sheet music, being that i am a musician.

sewing - i haven't bought anything in a long time, but i have a stash of fabric that i need to get to.

edited to add:
barbies, ken and other 1:7 scale dolls, like star trek figures that could be in the barbie world.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 10:42 AM  
clerkin11

Besides fitness related things, I buy a lot of beauty products.
I am particularly obsessed with lipsticks and palettes of all kinds (eye palettes, total face palettes, lip palettes, etc.).
My favorite lipstick brand is Lipstick Queen. In general I prefer the saint version of the ones I like (more sheer and moisturizing) and I love their lip glosses too. I also love several Bobbi Brown lipsticks. I am never without at least 20 lipsticks in my purse.
I am known in my family as being the go-to beauty person and my nieces love my Christmas gifts (all beauty products!!). I'm just a super girly girl and I want to nurture that in all the girls in my life, lol. My daughter is now equally obsessed and some may say I've created a monster lol. She's my beauty soul mate
Several people at my work have also accused me of "corrupting" them and now they are avid beauty product shoppers as well.
I will say, it's much easier to sell people on my beauty product obsession than my fitness obsession. I'm 100% sure the workout dvd's I gave as gifts were not as used as the makeup gifts.
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 10:57 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Great question! I buy a lot of phone cases, phone accessories (chargers, cords) and bags (not expensive ones, but cheap, casual tote bags, backpacks, waist packs etc.)

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 11:03 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I don't buy much for dvds anymore or even streaming. I do spend on workout clothing since I'm teaching a lot. And what I make doesn't pay for what I wear!!

I also love books (cookbooks!) and skin care products.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 11:07 AM  
Malinda

Good Bourbon.
Old 09-22-17, 11:15 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinda View Post
Good Bourbon.
I love it.

I spend too much money on organic food. I was shopping at the co-op this weekend and thinking how I could get these items at Big Y; how bananas and thick skinned veg and fruit do not "need" to be organic, and that I should be paring down and saving. Ditto for grains. I've purchased weird grains like sorghum and quinoa flakes and ended up tossing them for non-use. There are five varieties of rice in my pantry!

Speaking of food, I spend too much on staples. I have so many pantry items and need to use them all up before buying more. My hairdresser does an annual pantry clean-out challenge where you make it a point to use what is in there and clean those shelves back.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 11:34 AM  
Boots

I buy way too many books! There is a great used bookstore that I frequent quite often. Reading is one of my favorite things to do. My bookshelf is so full that some of the shelves are sagging! I probably have hundreds of books that I will never get around to reading, but I keep buying them anyway. I am stocking up just in case books become obsolete one day.

I also buy way too many lotions, soaps, and sprays from Bath and Body Works and Victoria's Secret. My husband has absolutely no room in the bathroom cabinets for any of his things! Luckily, he doesn't need much! I have so many skin products that I could probably open my own store!
Boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 11:46 AM  
Demeris

Books and dog toys
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 11:57 AM  
sherry7899

Jeaninne- I am waiting for the brand new "Sally's Cookie Addiction" to arrive from Amazon. There were so many preorders that Amazon could not fill any of them. I preordered in January.

Taramisu-supposedly Kmart has Jordana products. I have not been to the one near me in months. They are usually out of stock on most things.

Boots- I totally understand about books! I donated a ton to my library. I still have a lot left.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 12:28 PM  
Sissy B

I have pretty much stopped buying fitness DVDs except on very rare occasions. I still buy some equipment/gadgets on occasion, but not very often. I treated myself to a maroon Manduka PRO mat for Mother's Day. I love Under Armour workout clothes, but they have added pockets to my favorite style of shorts and I don't like the new version, they don't fit me right anymore since they have pockets. I did collect a bunch of the original version while I still could.

Other than anything fitness related, I love books but I use the library and buy the Nook version to help keep my bookcases from overflowing. I will buy the paper copy of fitness books or cookbooks though, they're more user friendly. And since DD started college we have been collecting shirts, Tervis cups, accessories, etc. from her school. And I love earrings and OPI nail polish.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote