Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-18, 07:45 AM  
sherry7899

Verizon FIOS customers

Did anyone else get an email saying they may lose Disney owned channels such as ABC, Disney, ESPN and Freeform after 12/31 if Verizon does not reach an agreement with Disney? I am really mad about this! We spend enough on cable, and it is ridiculous that we could lose such a basic channel over Disney charging an insane amount to Verizon to keep them.

We don't care about ESPN or the Disney kid channels (our son is nineteen), but I sometimes watch Freeform, and we watch almost all our news on the Philly and NY ABC stations. Plus, I am addicted to "A Million Little Things." I could watch that on Hulu (we have it now very cheaply through our son's college student discount) but we would lose the local news.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-18, 09:16 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I have Verizon and saw that e-mail. I don't watch Disney or Freeform but ABC is a major network so that wouldn't be good and I do watch ESPN on occasion. TBH, if they did drop those and lowered the price of cable maybe I wouldn't mind so much, but they never seem to do that when a channel disappears. Tomorrow is the deadline so we'll have to see what happens.

Even before this, I was thinking of cutting the cord because I really don't watch a lot of TV and my bill is ridiculous. I am thinking of going to HULU, but you say you aren't getting local news on that. I thought the major networks are on HULU and do carry local news? Another option is to get an antenna, I guess. I'm very new to the idea of cord cutting so I have a lot to learn. I'm planning to start a free HULU trial today just to see what it's like. It's certainly a lot cheaper and they seem to carry most of the channels I watch.
Old 12-30-18, 09:33 AM  
sherry7899

I need to check on local news on Hulu. That may be available on Hulu live, but we do not have that. I will check and post later.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote