Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-11, 08:31 PM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Right after they showed the TRX, they showed a gal using gliding discs to do the same move. There are also other moves where different people are using different equipment. I imagine that's the case for many moves and a TRX isn't necessary but they are giving you an option if you have one.

Does anyone know who the guy is?
He's one of the coaches from the bootcamp she's been attending.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 09:37 PM  
pattyd0319

It reminds me of a cross between Supreme 90 and Ripped 60. Since I already have these 2, I don't think I'll be interested in this. I'd love to see her or someone maybe combine a kickbox/kettlebell or kickbox/suspension workout but I think I've had my fill of bootcamp style moves like mountain climbers and pushup jacks. I can only tolerate those in limited doses, sort of like eating brussel sprouts ;-)
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 09:39 PM  
caligurl

i'm undecided about this workout..... i've had issues with tracey's workouts in the past (the ones carol produced).... but i love bootcamp style workouts and i could use my rip:60.... but it all looks rather chaotic?

what to do?
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 10:13 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I'm a bit confused about the use of that suspension thingy for a workout that's supposed to be for a home exerciser? Does anyone have a setup like that in their workout area at home? Have I missed something?
When I use my TRX inside, I anchor it to my pull-up bar, works great, I'm able to do all of my exercises that I do outside without any issues. I did purchase the door anchor but find I get a full range of motion using it anchored to my pull-up station. Now I never use the door anchor
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 10:36 PM  
jessicavi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyd0319 View Post
It reminds me of a cross between Supreme 90 and Ripped 60. Since I already have these 2, I don't think I'll be interested in this. I'd love to see her or someone maybe combine a kickbox/kettlebell or kickbox/suspension workout but I think I've had my fill of bootcamp style moves like mountain climbers and pushup jacks. I can only tolerate those in limited doses, sort of like eating brussel sprouts ;-)
Amy Bento Ross is doing KB2 (KB Squred), a kbx/kbell workout in June. She's filming w/ Greg from CIA. There are a few threads about it here. I'm not interested in this project either. It just seems disjointed. I hope these are the practice clips. I have Tracey's first two kbx DVDs she did w/ Greg and I still enjoy them. The production was very well done.
jessicavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 10:43 PM  
carres1973

I was thinking of doing more bodyweight/calistenic type workouts when done with my current TA Meta rotation. I know, they don't really seem to go together, do they?? These look like they would fit the bill nicely! There is just too much up for pre-sale or I want to order this weekend! Already purchased Cathe's; need to purchase TA Continuity; now these! Thankfully, hubby just rolls his eyes. As long as he gets some corresponding purchase, he's happy :-)!

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 11:58 PM  
Gatorfan76

Wink Tracey posted descriptions :)

Total Body Bootcamp: Strength

Three total body strength workouts on one DVD!

Workout #1 is 30/15, 30 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds of recovery. It includes kettlebell swings, kettlebell high pulls, kettlebell squat thrusts with overhead press, dumbbell front/back lunges, pushups with toe touches and bridge shoulder presses. A dumbbell can be substituted for the kettlebell.

Workout #2 is 40/20. It includes kickbacks, shoulder presses, bent over rows, squat chest presses and dead lifts. All of these exercises use a resistance band.

Workout #3 is 120/30. It includes kettlebell or dumbbell squats, kettlebell or dumbbell squat jumps, suspension trainer rows, suspension trainer Y's and suspension trainer or stability ball hamstring curls. Modifications are shown for all suspension trainer exercises.

One warm up and cool down are included, and each workout concludes with two 4 minute Tabata interval finishers.

Total Body Bootcamp: Metabolic Conditioning
Three metabolic conditioning workouts on one DVD!

Workout #1 is 30/15, 30 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds of recovery. It includes burpees, squat jumps, lunge jumps, plank jacks, mountain climbers and star jumps. No equipment is needed for this workout.

Workout #2 is 40/20. It includes over/unders, kettlebell frog jumps, med ball or sand bag slams, suspension trainer squat jumps (you can do them with no equipment) and suspension trainer, gliding disc or paper plate mountain climbers.

Workout #3 is 50/10. It includes med ball squats, med ball squat jumps, band pushups, band mountain climbers, band lunges, band lunge jumps, band squats with overhead press and band squat jumps.

One warm up and cool down are included, and each workout concludes with two 4 minute Tabata interval finishers.
Old 05-01-11, 07:44 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
When I use my TRX inside, I anchor it to my pull-up bar, works great, I'm able to do all of my exercises that I do outside without any issues. I did purchase the door anchor but find I get a full range of motion using it anchored to my pull-up station. Now I never use the door anchor
Is your pull up station a separate piece of equipment or one of those you mount in a doorway?

I'd like to use my TRX, but my workout room door isn't sturdy enough and I don't know if my Beach Body pull up bar in the doorway is either.

Does anyone know anything about the type of kb swings they were doing? They looked rather odd, like they weren't really moving the bell forward much at all.
Old 05-01-11, 08:25 AM  
pharma_gal

The descriptions sound good and the moves look good also..But the production quality is horrible just like Tracey's other DVD's and it looks so crowded and chaotic. What is going on there? Im not sure I can get over that.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 11:06 AM  
Bebop

This one isn't for me. Thanks for the clips.

I'm going for the Cathe workouts. I may not be able to afford to pre-order them but the Tracey workouts look to frantic and I don't have kettle bells.

I will be waiting for reviews incase I change my mind.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boot camp, bootcamp, total body bootcamp, tracey staehle