Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-24-21, 08:01 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Up bright and early today (Oliver saw to that! ) so I did:

Yoga Download (YD) Kickstart Your Day - 20min. Not traditional yoga although it did start with 5 sun salutations. This was a more athletic take on yoga with some pushups, sumo squats with chest expansions and core moves to get your body going. I liked it! Fast in-and-out and I felt some much better and more flexible after just 20 minutes.
Gina B Total Body Circuit DVD - 40min. I did the UB segment and the first 10 min of the LB. Nice and cheery workout. Gina is upbeat and there is no dread in any of her workouts.

Linda, I'm looking forward to doing Pilates for Weight Loss tomorrow. I previewed parts of it on youtube and it looks solid intermediate to me, but I'll post my thoughts tomorrow after I do it.

Hi to Carol, Donna, Christine, Brenda and Cheri!
Old 04-24-21, 08:24 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Still feeling a bit low on energy - w/ mild headache. Again, not sure if it is allergies, COVID vaccine reaction...something else?? But at least i don't feel dizzy/queasy today so that is an improvement.

Today, so far, has been:

CS 1201
Jessica Valent - 20 Min Gentle Pilates for Beginners
Jessica Valent - Sciatica routine - this one just has some good stretches in it that agree with me - I like doing this one, her herniated disc routine and the scoliosis routine regularly.

I may walk w/ DD later!

Dana - I agree about Gina -

Brenda - I'm sorry your arm is still troubling you.

Christine - I'm sorry to hear about your Lyme - that is such a sneaky disease, I know it isn't the same, but one of my dogs has chronic Lyme from poor care in her early days. I hope your doggie is doing well. It is so hard watching them age and get sick.

Waves, Carol and Linda!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-21, 08:48 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workout was

Barre3 - Strength Conditioning with Lindsay March 15 - 30 minutes

I opted into Barre3's 15 Strength and Restore Program and this was the first day of that program. I actually liked the workout - it reminded me a little bit of Karen's Align & Define Pilates Sculpt workout that I did on Thursday. There was a fair amount of weight work - I used 2's, but probably should have used 3's. I'd say it was half standing and half mat work. Best of all, the instructor didn't use any noticeable "Portland Speak" - she actually talked like a normal human being would talk. The workout reminded me a bit of Jessica Smith fusion workout, except that Barre3 works on time intervals, not reps. There was one modifier who gave the easier versions; there was no one who modified up.

Waves!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-21, 01:36 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana I didn't realize it was in youtube..that's good to know!

Donna so glad you're not queasy.

Carol thanks for sharing your thoughts on B3. You reminded me that the language was an obstacle for me to subscribe.

WW punch Intermediate; push pull swing Wk#2 Day #7 and more get up practice.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-21, 07:16 PM  
furmomof6

Thank you, everyone! I went for a walk today. I'll keep you updated on my dog, Piper. I spent the day cooking her meals for the week. We're following a kidney disease protocol, so I'm just praying she responds well to it.

Linda, thank you for checking in on me.

Donna, I'm sorry you're not feeling well! I'm glad you seem to be improving. The dizzy/nausea feeling is the worst.

Dana, sounds like sweet Oliver is doing well!

Brenda, I have had cortisone shots in my foot for a bone condition (similar to morton's neuroma). It did significantly help the pain. I also use a cream called "Topricin" that helps when I have flare ups. You might want to look into that. Have you tried hydrotherapy? That is supposed to encourage healing for injuries and conditions. You alternate hot and cold water for 1 minute or so up to 3-6 times. Your PT may know about it. I believe you can also use hot/cold packs instead of water too. I hope you can find some relief!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-21, 07:25 AM  
donnamp

Hi,
This morning I did Jessica Valent - Pilates for Prolapse. I don't have a Prolapse, but I find the exercises in this practice to be helpful for my hip/SI joint.

I think she has both a longer version (on her paid site) and a shorter version (on You Tube).

Jessica, herself, suffered from Prolapse (3!) and had surgery recently. She is very open and honest about it and her experiences...

I hope to walk today as well! I am also feeling better, but a bit tired still. It may be stress....late on Friday I found out that one of my co-workers is leaving, I'm not sure of the circumstances yet, but it all adds up to extra work for me (yes, it IS all about me, LOL!)

Linda - the WW Punch workout is so much fun, I forgot about that one! I should do a mini Stephanie Huckabee rotation w/her WW workouts and her Power Fit series...

Carol - do not tempt me w/ B3, lol! I saw that Margaret Richard is now offering a 6 month special. Still not sure about it. The offer expires on Mother's Day, so I have time to mull it over.

Christine - Good luck w/ your doggie, I'm sure you will give her the best care possible. My Lab is really declining, her arthritis is bad and her mobility is pretty limited.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-21, 08:02 AM  
fanofladyvols

donna Stephanie and the background exercisers were so upbeat. It made me miss my Firm workouts listening to Stephanie though! After my John Waite rotation I start on Monday, I am going to do a couple of weeks from one of the Firm rotations I have saved over the years (so glad I never purged the workouts! )

ETA: Christine Sending prayers for Piper!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 04-25-21, 08:51 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workout was

Barre3 - Strength Conditioning with Holly (Live) March 16 - 30 minutes

This was labeled as a strength workout, but it felt more like a cardio workout. It wasn't too bad though - thank heavens the Portlandia Speak was not present.

Christine - so sorry your Lyme Disease is flaring up! And your poor dog! I spent about 3 years cooking for my two previous Norfolk Terriers who had liver disease and diabetes. I did a couple of things - I had the vets at University of Tennessee write a recipe for me to cook for them, and then eventually (when I knew more what I was doing) I transitioned over to using a website run by a University of California Vet called BalanceIt. That website let you formulate your own recipes for dog food, using their vitamin/mineral supplement called Balance It. It was a lot of work, but I am convinced that doing that extended their lives.

Brenda - How frustrating that you are still hurting! Did you figure out what triggered it? I have had steroid shots in my thumb joint - it did help, although the shot itself was pretty uncomfortable.

Linda - I used to have that Stephanie Huckabee DVD. I always liked her and still have her PowerFit workouts.

Dana and Donna - So far Barre3 has kept all the New Age gibberish to a minimum. Wonder if they started getting complaints about it?

Carol
Old 04-25-21, 01:36 PM  
fanofladyvols

Carol your dedication to your pups had you reach out to good ol' Rocky Top? How about that!!

Today has been mobility warmup and finished up push pull swing challenge week #2. Then more get up practice and finally Ellen Barrett Skinny sculpt. Loved the Ellen...hated the skinny/bulk nonsense she blathered. Oh well.

HAPPY Sunday to all of you!!

Old 04-25-21, 04:14 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Carol your dedication to your pups had you reach out to good ol' Rocky Top? How about that!!

Today has been mobility warmup and finished up push pull swing challenge week #2. Then more get up practice and finally Ellen Barrett Skinny sculpt. Loved the Ellen...hated the skinny/bulk nonsense she blathered. Oh well.

HAPPY Sunday to all of you!!
Yep! I think my local vet thought I was crazy, but my dog absolutely would not eat that food he was selling for liver disease and the other brand of liver disease dog food made her pancreatitis worse.

Carol