Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-22-21, 05:39 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workouts were

Jenny Ford - Walk Across America - Maine - 30 minutes; Winsor Pilates - Power Sculpting: Buns & Thighs - 20 minutes

Jenny's Maine walk was filmed outside of Portland - overlooking the ocean and a lighthouse. Standard Jenny, but the view made it nice. I am glad I bought this set.

It's been a long time since I've done much from Mari Winsor, but this routine using the long flat band felt rushed. It was a good routine though.

More cases have popped up at that Intermediate School that's having an outbreak. At least 55+ kids have been quarantined. They are not telling exact numbers, supposedly because of privacy concerns, but that's not the real reason. They don't want people to know because it makes the School Board look stupid for voting to drop the masks - and election time for them is only 10 days away. At least the local news media knows about it and has had a little bit of coverage. Meanwhile, we are meeting with a parent this morning who is going to prove to us that wearing masks is harmful to children - sigh. I imagine that's going to be one short meeting.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 08:02 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I ended up feeling really off - headache, queasy, brain fog- is my body still processing the COVID vaccine? Or is it totally unrelated? I also have a theory that there is something in Salad Express bagged salads that make me sick. I have been lazy with regard to chopping my own veggies lately and having these salad kits for lunch but I noticed that after a few days of eating them I don't feel well - so I think there may be a preservative or something in them that doesn't agree with me. Interestingly, the Wegmans versions don't bother me. Needless to say I will be chopping my own veggies up from now on...

Anyway, so no extra activity for yesterday but today was:

Jessica Smith - Body Balance - Sole Sculpt - this was the alternate for Total Body from WS 1.0.

Jessica Valent - Herniated Disc routine - this is my PT for today.

Carol - I can't imagine how that meeting is going to go. Yea, the masks aren't ideal, but a necessary evil for right now.

Linda - MR is high rep/low weight - she focuses mainly on one body part at a time and uses a lot of floorwork for lower body.

I admit, I'm still tempted by B3 a little bit....but hopefully can avoid a purchase, LOL!

MR had a TV show on PBS - Body Electric - she uses good music for her workouts and the appeal of the streaming service is that she could use the original music....

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 08:21 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

JS Power Walk from Walking for Energy and Wellness DVD - 30min. Meh.
ePilates Core with Magic Circle - about 10min of it. Just didn't appeal to me.

I started with Body Project Low Impact High Intensity workout off youtube and quit 3 minutes into it. Nothing wrong with it other than I wasn't in the mood to hear this guy talk non-stop at 6am. Then I did about 10 minutes of total body mobility workout and quit because Oliver strolled into my workout room and was being awfully cute and playful and I just can't say no to this little guy! This is the mobility workout and I think it was Sherry who posted a link to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOO2...index=2&t=533s The instructor is a bit different, but she has potential to grow on me if her routines are good. I'll have to try her more.

Linda, I'll have to look for Pilates for Weight Loss in the garage because it's not in my workout room. I know I've had it but it's also possible that I gave it away.

Carol, it's pretty pathetic that school board is more concerned with their elections than health of the kids. I'm so disgusted that nowadays politics and greed seem to override common sense and decency in every area of our lives.

Hi Donna, Cheri, Christine and Brenda! Off to work now.
Old 04-23-21, 05:41 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday's workout was

Define & Align - Pilates Sculpt - 30 minutes

I like this workout - it has its tough spots, but Karen is very creative, without being too creative, if you know what I mean.

The intermediate school is now up to 150 students in quarantine and 8 cases. Supposedly the positive case numbers include some adults who were fully vaccinated. Now that is disturbing and will make me think twice about dropping my mask when I'm around other vaccinated folks.

And now there are some cases popping up at another mask-optional intermediate school in town. Geez folks, CoVid is not finished with us. The parent meeting went much better than we expected. Perhaps the recent events influenced the conversation. I think for most folks around here, it is 100% political and they haven't been able to separate their political views from their CoVid views.

Dana - I know. I'm sick to death of politicians of all varieties. Just give me leaders who have the courage to do what's right, even if it's hard. Oh man, I wouldn't be in the mood to hear someone talk that much that early in the morning either. I feel pretty meh about Jessica's walks in that set too.

Donna - I caved on Barre3. What a weakling I am! I hope you are feeling better today!

Waves to all~

Looking forward to the weekend more than usual,

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 08:33 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Add me to the list of the blah feeling crowd.

I don't think my symptoms from the day before are from the salad as I feel sick again today....headache, queasy.... I'm thinking it may be allergy/weather related. Everything kind of hit once the weather changed so drastically and that may have upset my sinuses and triggered the headache which triggered the queasy feeling. I woke up last night w/ a headache and took some Tylenol during the night, it was still here this morning, so I tried an Excederin Migraine - my DD takes those for her headaches - and that may be helping.

Gosh, if I'm going to feel hung over, I should at least have tied one on the night before!

Anyway...given the way I felt, today was a light day:

Ellen - Affirmative Flow
Ellen - Quick Tone - this was one of her first workouts on her streaming site, it is 15 min of floor work.

If I feel better later I may try for a walk or a walking workout.

Carol - what do you think of the B3 workouts? I am fairly close to caving but I keep trying to talk myself out of it - saying that I probably wouldn't use $99 worth of it.... And, I agree about politics and everything. One would like to think that public health would be free of that stuff, but, nope. I'm glad the meeting went better than expected.

Waves, everyone - happy Friday.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 08:41 AM  
fanofladyvols

Donna I think I remember liking Sole sculpt... I'd have to go check my notes but thought it reminded me of an Ellen? I'll post when I get a chance later.

Carol you definitely need some down time ahead. Hugs!

Dana oh I hope I don't make you dig for it but I would be interested in someone else's thoughts in difficulty.

Yesterday was mobility; get up practice ; and Kristen McGee weight loss pilates premix with Flow #2. So while flow #1 was the She devil's assault on my abs , flow #2 was a floor work back and glute punisher. I could see someone not liking this if they had knee or wrist issues. I didn't care for the cardio segment in this segment.
I definitely won't be at the level of doing the workout that combines both assaults, uh, I mean "flows" any time soon. But I AM proud of myself for not quitting and doing both flows fairly well with good form.

HAIIII to Christine and Brenda!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 10:09 AM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone!
Sorry I was MIA again. I was dealing with more health issues related to my Lyme Disease, but it's better now. Although our dog was just diagnosed with kidney disease while we were in the middle of taking her in for laser treatments to help her arthritis, so... I've been busy and a little overwhelmed. I've been going for walks, and doing the Shaped by Faith 15 minute clips when I can, but taking each day as it comes. I may try to join again in May, but if you don't hear from me, you know what's going on! Please keep our doggie in prayer! Thank you! I hope you are all doing well!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 12:02 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

My workouts have been short stints on the treadmill, stepping while we watch something, and literally doing lunges at homeschool co-op while trying to read my Human Relations college textbook at the same time. It's been quite the week.

And yes, my arm still hurts. Tendonitis is no joke! Or my leans-towards-inflammatory body just doesn't know how to calm down once something is irritated. Has anyone done cortizone shots before? I'm tempted to ask my dr about doing that. I love physical therapy but I don't have time right now! I've trying a few different things at home to encourage healing, but I think I just can't rest my arms enough while still getting the rest of my life done.

Christine & Donna, sorry you both haven't been feeling well!

Waving to everyone!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 01:15 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good afternoon!

Nothing for me today yet. Yoga Download is having 40% sale off their entire site and I was interested in couple of their programs: 14 Day Abs & Booty Bootcamp and 21 Days Full Body Sculpting Challenge. I bought both programs yesterday and this morning I was busy downloading and previewing some of them. Nice combo of yoga, pilates and even some barre. In case anyone is interested, the code is EarthDay2021. https://www.yogadownload.com/yoga-on...-packages.aspx. I wasn't interested in their streaming although I did subscribe to them several years ago, but downloads are something I own and can do at a later date.

Donna and Christine, I hope you feel better soon! Brenda, sorry your arm still hurts.

Carol, let us know how you like Barre 3 this time around. I have firmly decided against subscribing to another streaming site until I cancel the two I have at the end of the year. I already cancelled Do You Yoga.

Linda, I found Weight Loss Pilates with Kristin McGee along with her other DVDs I have: Strong, Sexy and Svelte (weights, pilates & yoga) and MTV Pilates Mix. How about if I do the Weight Loss Pilates on Sunday instead of Ellen, and will share my opinion with you?

Christine,
I'm glad you popped in to say hi! Hi to Cheri!
Old 04-23-21, 04:32 PM  
fanofladyvols

Brenda It is good to hear from you but I am sorry to hear your arm isn't all healed. You're so busy I'm sure it's making it tougher

Christine I am also glad you stopped and checked in with us. Keep us posted on your pup

...saying special prayers for you both, Brenda and Christine!

Dana thanks for scheduling the pilates workout on Sunday. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I never heard of the other workouts you mentioned except for the MTV one. I didn't click with that one and purged it.

On Sunday, I may do a different Ellen (that I haven't tried) and wait to do Burn and Firm when you get a chance next.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote