Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-24-21, 02:47 PM  
ChelePA

I just want to say thanks for this thread. I was also looking for some variety besides using Cathe daily. So far I have tried two of her full body workouts. Both have been great! And I really like the music too! I’ll probably never use her weight only workouts. I have a preference for full body and cardio routines. Some of her hiit looks intense. Hoping I’m up for the challenge!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 03:52 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I just want to say thanks for this thread. I was also looking for some variety besides using Cathe daily.
Same here! Looking forward to trying more of her workouts!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 08:22 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I just want to say thanks for this thread. I was also looking for some variety besides using Cathe daily. So far I have tried two of her full body workouts. Both have been great! And I really like the music too! I’ll probably never use her weight only workouts. I have a preference for full body and cardio routines. Some of her hiit looks intense. Hoping I’m up for the challenge!
I'm not particular about music, but she uses the same music. You can always subsititute your own music, but you'll miss the beep. The beep is only necessary when you aren't facing the TV.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 10:04 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Same here! Looking forward to trying more of her workouts!
Me, three! Really enjoyed my first experience..... EPIC Beginner bodyweight upper body and lower body (two separate half hour workouts). I really enjoyed the no talking for a change, thought the music was fine (bummer if she only ever uses the same music), and I really liked her choices of exercises. Big win!!
Old 01-25-21, 07:46 AM  
buffmama

[QUOTE=hdw;2909010]I'm not particular about music, but she uses the same music. /QUOTE]

I find I get a Pavlovian response to this as I know it's time to exercise when I hear the exercise music.
Old 01-25-21, 09:53 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Me, three! Really enjoyed my first experience..... EPIC Beginner bodyweight upper body and lower body (two separate half hour workouts). I really enjoyed the no talking for a change, thought the music was fine (bummer if she only ever uses the same music), and I really liked her choices of exercises. Big win!!
I wonder if she uses the same music for a certain time and then changes it up. I saw somebody saying to her I like the new music. I don’t plan on using her workouts daily so hopefully I won’t get tired of it.

I may try those two workouts this week since no equipment is required. It’s funny because I miss the instructors voice. I don’t like them talking nonstop but I do miss the encouragement.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 12:16 AM  
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Anyone have results to share from her programs?
I'm seeing a really nice tone & starting to get definition in my upper arms. If this keeps up I'm looking forward to sleeveless shirts in the summer - which is very unlike me, I'm in the 'big bust and heavy upper arms' body type.

My abs are also flatter and I'm starting to see some definition there too.

But the thing I really enjoy is feeling *strong*! I've been following her advice and doing pushups on my toes, either with limited range of movement, or if the workout allows putting my hands on a step with 4 risers. This might be my breakthrough to 'big girl pushups'. At 54 years old, I'm amazed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I find I get a Pavlovian response to this as I know it's time to exercise when I hear the exercise music.
Me too!! When I hear her opening music, my endorphins start firing!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 12:18 AM  
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by roleez View Post
Has anyone tried workouts from growingannanas on YouTube? She has a lot of shorter routines and similar format to Caroline and Heather (I think YouTube suggested Caroline and Heather to me since I have been doing so many of the routines from growingannans channel), and a lot of nice bodyweight routines that I can do during lunch break at work too!
I've been eyeing her workouts but trying not to get distracted while I'm enjoying EPIC so much. But last night I tried one of growingannans' 15 minute mobility/stretch workouts and it really hit the spot. Please share more about the ones you like!
Old 01-26-21, 09:54 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
But the thing I really enjoy is feeling *strong*! I've been following her advice and doing pushups on my toes, either with limited range of movement, or if the workout allows putting my hands on a step with 4 risers. This might be my breakthrough to 'big girl pushups'. At 54 years old, I'm amazed.
Oh, wow, that's awesome! I'm going to start her Beginner series tomorrow, and I have had trouble with planks and pushups forever and usually do them on my knees and even then they're difficult. This advice sounds like it might push through my plateau!
Old 01-26-21, 10:25 AM  
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
Oh, wow, that's awesome! I'm going to start her Beginner series tomorrow, and I have had trouble with planks and pushups forever and usually do them on my knees and even then they're difficult. This advice sounds like it might push through my plateau!
Her advice was if you can do one pushup from your toes, then don't do them on your knees anymore. Just hold plank, or do a very slight dip and take a break to reset when you need to. I've moved from that into 1/2 range on the floor, or full range on the step.

Sometimes I still drop to my knees but I try to push myself and it's paying off.

Today in the Ultimate Yogi practice I was able to do 3 tricep pushups in a row (from my toes), take a break in plank as they did #4, and then rejoin them for #5. I feel mighty!

Tags
caroline girvan