Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-10-18, 12:17 PM  
Hazel Porter

Any opinions on Altered Carbon?
Old 09-10-18, 02:42 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

A coworker of mine recommended Sense8, so DH and I watched both seasons and really liked it! So bummed it was canceled.

We also got into Supernatural on Netflix. New shows air on the CW app (we have Fire TV) so we watch them there. I was also watching The Expanse, but Season 3 isn't available to stream for free yet. Love Stranger Things! Anxiously awaiting season 3. I'm a child of the 80s so I get all the references.

Non sci-fi stuff I've watched is Fuller House, the sequel to Full House (which I never watched) and I did watch all episodes of Gilmore Girls.

I tried to watch Orphan Black and just couldn't get into it! It seemed somewhat predictable and like it borrowed from various other shows (e.g. the episode of X-Files titled "Eve").

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 08:16 AM  
lisa122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Porter View Post
Any opinions on Altered Carbon?
Hi! I loved Altered Carbon. If you like sci/fi and action, then you might like this show. In fact, I am going to watch season 1 again because I liked it that much. I hope they come out with a season 2

Lisa
lisa122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 10:34 AM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Another scifi show (on Prime)--Electric Dreams. It's 10 episodes based on the short stories in Phillip K. Dick's book. I watched the first one last night.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 10:50 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We don't have Netflix. But, when I'm in my doctor's office for a Remicade infusion for my arthritis, I watch The Crown. My infusion takes just over two hours, so I watch two episodes at a time. I'm just about done with Season 1. It's a great show!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 11:14 AM  
Hazel Porter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa122 View Post
Hi! I loved Altered Carbon. If you like sci/fi and action, then you might like this show. In fact, I am going to watch season 1 again because I liked it that much. I hope they come out with a season 2

Lisa
Thanks, Lisa! I'm going to check it out.
Old 09-11-18, 05:59 PM  
lisa122

Quote:
Thanks, Lisa! I'm going to check it out.
I have to admit I have a bit of a crush on Joel Kinnaman, the main character. He was also in The Killing, another Netflix series.

Lisa
Old 09-12-18, 10:46 AM  
Hazel Porter

Quote:
I have to admit I have a bit of a crush on Joel Kinnaman, the main character. He was also in The Killing, another Netflix series.

Lisa
Was he not also the guy that played Frank Underwood's Republican challenger for President on House of Cards?
Old 09-12-18, 05:26 PM  
lisa122

Quote:
Was he not also the guy that played Frank Underwood's Republican challenger for President on House of Cards?
Yes!! When I saw him on House of Cards, I kept thinking I recognize this actor, but I couldn't place him. Even though, I was basically watching the shows at the same time.

Lisa
Old 09-13-18, 01:22 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Yes!! When I saw him on House of Cards, I kept thinking I recognize this actor, but I couldn't place him. Even though, I was basically watching the shows at the same time.

Lisa
I discovered him on The Killing, another great show. He’s Norwegian and I can understand why you have a crush on him. I wonder if he has a dad my age.

I’m watching Handmaids Tale season two on Prime (had to buy it but was well worth it). I’ve watched the first season twice, it’s so good.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite tv shows, netflix, off topic, prime