Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-21, 12:24 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I'm sorry that some folks are having such a hard time with the shots. My DH is due for his second next week.

I have had both Shingrix shots and the Covid shots with minimal effects.

But, my seasonal flu shot last fall was a real doozy. My arm was very sore for more than a month. The night of the shot, I started getting weird tingling in my feet and legs. It was actually frightening.

The tingling is much better, but never went away altogether.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 04-23-21, 01:14 PM  
dianestjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Ok, this is a crazy question, but do you think it is possible to have a reaction over a week after getting the first shot? I got my first Pfizer vaccine on Tuesday 4/13. I had mild arm soreness and that was it. But, this week, starting on Wed I began to feel queasy, brain-fogged and had a headache. Wed I also had fatigue - moved to the couch at 7 p.m. and didn't move again except to go to bed. The symptoms have lingered since then - I felt better yesterday, but today it is back to it.

I am leaning more towards this being related to allergies/weather changes than the vaccine, but I'm interested in hearing if anyone else had symptoms like these days later.

Donna
So glad to hear you ask this cuz I was getting a little curious about my delayed reaction:-) I had my first Moderna vaccine about 10 days ago - just a sore arm for a couple days afterwards- but the past few days I have felt more tired than usual, queasy off and on, and a little hot and cold, and my arm is sore again. I think since the vaccine works over about 2 weeks to set up your immunity, your body gradually adjusts during that time.
Old 04-23-21, 01:50 PM  
donnamp

dianestjohn - I'm glad I asked now, too, at first I was thinking there was no way this could be a reaction, but it does make sense that over time your body is working on this so that side effects would not be limited to just a day or two afterwards. I was going to take a break from work and walk, but I'm too tired and figure resting is better at this point than trying to push myself to do something, even if this is just allergies, etc.

Sherry - I'm dreading the second one, too. My 2nd is on 5/3. I hope to be over the first before then.

Donna and LoveVa - so sorry you feel/felt so bad....

Alta - I'm glad this one wasn't bad for you - that flu vaccine reaction would be really concerning to me....

Donna
Old 04-23-21, 02:41 PM  
Lori_Michigan

DH and I both had our 1st Pfizer shots a week ago today; I only had some mild symptoms originally but sleep has been pretty inconsistent since for me (although I rarely sleep soundly anyway). DH developed a bad headache yesterday and we didn't even think about that being connected to the vaccine a week ago. He has allergies and a stressful job so we just attributed it to that. But now I'm not so sure...
Old 04-23-21, 02:56 PM  
firmaniac

I'm 43 hours post-2nd jab of Pfizer. I felt nothing but the same sore arm heaviness ( as first jab, within 2 hrs). 17 hours in, I experienced a sudden searing pain on top of my head, my tailbone began aching badly and my eyes got hot. My temperature went from 97.1 ( my normal) to 99.8... I stayed at work until noon, went home and drank a glass of OJ and took a nap. I ran the low fever ( never more than 100.3) on and off during the night. It was gone in the morning, but sinus congestion and tailbone pain remain . I stayed home from work today just because my job is physical to the max, and I feel "off" concentration wise. This being said, I'm thrilled to be vaccinated and gave the personnel I interacted with individual Thank You cards at each station of the museum ( actually theater next to museum). I'm feeling lucky and grateful. I want to do some Chai Ti or Kari later today xxx
P.S. LOL now you know why I stayed home- Tai Chi....ohmyword

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
Old 04-23-21, 04:38 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
dianestjohn - I'm glad I asked now, too, at first I was thinking there was no way this could be a reaction, but it does make sense that over time your body is working on this so that side effects would not be limited to just a day or two afterwards. I was going to take a break from work and walk, but I'm too tired and figure resting is better at this point than trying to push myself to do something, even if this is just allergies, etc.

Sherry - I'm dreading the second one, too. My 2nd is on 5/3. I hope to be over the first before then.

Donna and LoveVa - so sorry you feel/felt so bad....

Alta - I'm glad this one wasn't bad for you - that flu vaccine reaction would be really concerning to me....

Donna
Well, now that I’m hearing more people have this reaction, I’m starting to wonder! My symptoms started 18 days after my shot. I would prefer it be due to the shot. If my body is fighting something else, then I won’t have as much immunity with my second shot, at least from what I read online. But I don’t want to postpone my second shot either. I want to get this over with!

I don’t have a fever, so I don’t think it’s a virus. Just tiredness and an upset stomach. I really think it’s due to stress.

ETA: I’m fine now, back to normal. I think I was more stressed at the idea of postponing my shot than I am at getting the shot. It’s funny what stress can do.
Old 04-23-21, 04:41 PM  
donnamp

I guess with these symptoms we are getting so far after the vaccine we will never know....was it the vaccine or allergies or something else???

I feel a little bit better now - but it comes and goes.

Donna
Old 04-23-21, 05:13 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Julie, what a sweet gesture! I had the urge to do something like hand out cookies, which I knew I couldn't do; it didn't occur to me to do something as simple as give thank you notes.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
Old 04-23-21, 06:10 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Who told you to take a Tylenol before your shot? I've read multiple sources saying not to do that. I'm sure it's fine, but I've never heard it recommended. Glad you are feeling okay!

This is what I've read, too. It's fine to take something if you wait 4 hours after your vaccine. I didn't end up taking anything even though I'm sure I would have been much more comfortable if I had. If I had something I needed to do - like work or childcare, I would have taken something. I had the luxury of having a free day to just rest on the couch.

Erica
A nurse friend told me to

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
Old 04-24-21, 08:08 AM  
hch
VF Supporter

The earlier soreness had been fading yesterday (I especially noticed that there wasn't much of a "deeper" feeling of soreness anymore), and now it seems to be gone. The person administering the vaccine placed a bandage over the area; I haven't removed the bandage yet, but I've looked around the area and haven't noticed any visible difference. (She also told me that it was a "good sign" that the injection area wasn't bleeding, though I don't know how relevant that point is to this discussion.)

I haven't noticed any problems with exercise or other activities, though I still haven't done anything that would use my arm heavily.

I've been feeling very good for the past few days, though I think that other recent changes are more likely to have caused it--a recent change in schedule has led to both improved sleep and a reinvigorated exercise habit. (The timing of my first dose was also unrelated to that schedule change, though I do appreciate that the change happened. ) I'm also sure that my feeling isn't something like psychological relief.

Unless something unexpected happens, this will be my final "routine" update before I get my next dose, which is scheduled for the same time on Wednesday, May 19 (four weeks after my first dose).

I hope that everyone has minimal problems!
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid vaccine, covid-19, vaccine, vaccine reactions, vaccines