Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-04-21, 02:00 PM  
red1013

I'm passing on this one.

I've never been a fan of Jessica's strength work, too much emphasis on shoulder work.

I don't like that it's not available on DVD.

There's no way I can workout with just Jessica (or any one instructor) for 12 weeks.
Old 03-04-21, 02:03 PM  
Lori_Michigan

$97 for 12 workouts? Yikes. That's nearly the price I pay for an entire year of Cathe Live.

I LOVE Jessica, I LOVE Peanut, I LOVE looking at palm trees. But for maybe half that price...
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 02:21 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
It actually does say if you don’t purchase by the March date it won’t be offered until June. I’m guessing every 12 weeks or so you can purchase (at least initially).

I love strength. Love it. I’m in the middle of a kettlebell program so I won’t be able to do it as planned, but I think I’m going to cave as I’m always looking for new strength work.
Tbh, I skimmed over it. I need to read it more carefully. I did ask in the FB live video and was told you could purchase it anytime, but maybe that was a mistake.
Old 03-04-21, 02:27 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
The ranges for heavy, medium, and light weights are broad:
Heavy: 10–35 lb.
Medium: 8–25 lb.
Light: 5–15 lb.

Jessica does seem like she’s enjoying herself. And she’s her usual supportive self. Peanut, on the other hand…. I actually love seeing Peanut keeping Jessica company.
Thank you! This is sounding good to me. I also love Peanut, but I'll miss Debby.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 02:28 PM  
pharma_gal

The price seems too much for 12 workouts. I know the system comes with accountability and check-ins and all that stuff but I’m not interested in that. And I’m wondering that it does say progressive resistance but most workouts are full body and different styles so I’m wondering how that plays in. Anyways I’m passing for now.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 03:02 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I haven't read anything after my last post. I don't want to raise my blood pressure, lol.

However, I did want to offer some reassurance. I was told that Jessica was not able to do dvds because the dvd companies were shut down due to the pandemic. She waited as long as she could, but decided to release the program without dvds. She is planning on doing dvds in the future. It depends on the companies and the pandemic. However, I don't know if she will put this specific program on dvd in the future.
This was something posted in one of the other Lift & Shift threads. Not sure if it was cross-posted here or not.

If she eventually puts these on DVD, I will probably buy. Otherwise, it's a "no" from me.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 04:09 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2546 View Post
It's yours to keep as long as purple player is around. I'm sure that's not a real issue but I always feel I'd rather have it on my own USB stick than rely on a service staying in biz

sue
I don't do any of the smart TV stuff (which is shocking considering I'm an applications software programmer...haha) so you could just stream from her site via laptop HDMI to the TV, correct? It's an extra step hooking up the laptop but I have a whole lot less issues streaming stuff than my son or daughter who uses a Firestick/YouTube Tv respectively.
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 04:15 PM  
Cher

I think I may just spurge and get it. I’ve been so unmotivated to workout lately that this may be just what I need. I don’t really care about the check-in stuff but I really need to do more strength work and just maybe this would hype me up to do it again.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 04:55 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

No. Not interested in group personal training or following a program at all. I was hoping for individual more fusion style workouts. I don’t use Jessica for strength. Sounds like a great program if you’re into that sort of thing, though.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 04:57 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogribbit View Post
I don't do any of the smart TV stuff (which is shocking considering I'm an applications software programmer...haha) so you could just stream from her site via laptop HDMI to the TV, correct? It's an extra step hooking up the laptop but I have a whole lot less issues streaming stuff than my son or daughter who uses a Firestick/YouTube Tv respectively.
I stream everything via HDMI to my TV. Love it!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, lift and shift