Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-01-20, 09:34 AM  
JustSandra

Barefoot & On the Mat: December 2020 Edition!

Greetings and welcome to the monthly Barefoot & On The Mat check-in! This is a long-running VF check-in. We're a cozy, friendly group who enjoy a wide variety of workouts, but we have a special fondness for those traditionally done without shoes. If you enjoy yoga, pilates, barre, qi gong, Classical Stretch/Essentrics, Ellen Barrett, etc. (or even if you simply prefer doing traditional workouts without shoes!) you'll feel right at home. It's absolutely fine if you wear shoes while working out too.

Please feel free to join in. We love hearing from new, returning and guest Mat Mavens. Our welcome mat is always out!

Back in a moment...

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 09:36 AM  
JustSandra

Hi again!

I got my shipment of Margaret Richard DVDs yesterday -- and it included all the ones I requested. I'll have fun this month getting reacquainted with them.

Linda: Thanks for letting us know you are back home after your surgery. Keep us updated.

Back later with today's workout!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 11:44 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Last night I attended psoas yoga class via Zoom. It was so nice to do it at home with the wind howling. I lit a bunch of candles and smudged.

Sandra, thank you for starting the thread!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 01:41 PM  
sherry7899

Hi,

Linda, I am so glad your surgery went well. I wish you a quick recovery-sending you many hugs

Sandra, thank you for starting the December thread. I am glad that your Margaret dvds arrived and were correct. Enjoy them!

Pat, your candlelit yoga at home sounds lovely!!

Margot, I am so happy to see you posting. You are of course always welcome

This morning I did:

Body Project-thirty minute cardio. My knees are still cranky, so I didn't want to do longer

Yoga Upload-Yoga without any kneeling (the title is something like that)

Hope everyone has a good day-
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 03:46 PM  
Twigs

Hi everyone!

Sandra - It's always exciting having some new workouts to try. Hope you are pleased with them all.

Pat - Your class at home sounds all nice and cosy. As much as I enjoyed going to Pilates and Yoga classes with friends, it was never much fun going out on those cold, wet and wintry evenings and then having to workout in a freezing, draughty hall.

Thanks Sherry. I've been a bit of a recluse this year and it feels good to be social again. Hope your knees feel better very soon.

Linda - Wishing you a speedy and pain-free recovery. ((Hugs))

Today I did:
- TLT Finding your core with Susan Harris on the Fitball. I think my hamstrings are going to be shouting at me tomorrow!
- Neighbourhood walk again!
- Lee Holden For Better Balance. A nice routine I found on Udemy. My balance could be better, so this was just what I needed.

Waves to all!

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 04:09 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is a planned rest day.

Sandra, thank you for starting our monthly check-in! This year went by fast. I hope 2021 is better for all of us.

Pat, you have a pretty avatar!

Linda, you got out of the hospital fast!

I'm waving to everyone.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 07:42 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello mat mavens!

Today’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~5 Km walk
~Barre3: Cardio with weights & Restore, a 10 minute dynamic stretch

So I caved on the Barre3 special. I had it in mind to get a new subscription if a suitable one came up. I tried a sample workout on their website last week & really liked it. There are lots of 30 minute workouts, my favourite length, and the instruction is very good. It’s my isolation treat, lol.

Sandra - Enjoy your new workouts!

Pat - Was your class with the same instructor as the yin/nidra workshop? She was lovely.

Margot - My quads and hamstrings were shouting at me after a pyramid workout I did last week, a few too many one legged seated to standing squats.

Sherry - Sorry your knees are acting up.

Wishing you a smooth recovery Linda.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 08:58 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, cool about doing the Barre3 special! I was enjoying their free workouts on FB over the summer. Love your new avatar!

Pat, sounds like you nicely set the mood for your Zoom yoga class!

Margot, I believe I owned TLT Finding Your Core at some point.

Paine, I think this year went by fast and slowly at the same time.

Sandra thanks for keep us on track for the new month!

I had 2 for my yoga class tonight. I got in a brief KCM premix before I went to class.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 10:10 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Thanks everyone. The friend who took Jerry to chemo came over today. She cooked lunch, helped me change shirts and watched me do my exercises. The nerve block lasted about 18 hours. The pills make me sleep too much but I need it for healing. My SO will be here tomorrow for 13 days.

Paine, from the time I was aware to see the clock in the recovery room I was there less than 30 minutes. I don't know how long I was there in total but it couldn't have been very long. Surgery must've been an hour or less. It wouldn't take too long to sew up the rotator and cut off a piece of clavicle.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 10:31 AM  
sherry7899

Good morning!

I did Body Project Tabata which is a new workout. I usually really like their workouts, but I won't be doing this one again. The cardio was enjoyable, but the strength moves were questionable for me. I don't feel safe doing any twisting moves. I did my own thing. Maybe if I just make up my own strength sections through the whole thing I'd like it. They have so many workouts that not liking one is no big deal. It was 35 minutes.

After that I did a Yoga Ranger subscription restorative AM practice, which was lovely!

Linda, I am so glad that you have help.

Pam-enjoy your new subscription.

We are heading to Trader Joe's tonight, and will probably one go one more time this year. I love anything with dark chocolate and peppermint. They just came out with dark chocolate bars with pieces of the dark chocolate peppermint jo jo cookies in the chocolate bar. Part of me hopes they are out of them. I don't need those in the house! I found out my son's girlfriend loves dark chocolate and peppermint also, so I'll pick her up one if they have them.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote